Return to “REKT”

Are you OK with squad leaders telling you what to do?

I am only a poor, humble sheep and I should let my squad leader guide me in everything.
(No votes)
I delegate planning and setting objectives to my squad leader, but I want to find a way of achieving them myself - AND I WANT TO BE ADVISED ON HOW TO DO IT.
Total votes: 1 (8%)
I delegate planning and setting objectives to my squad leader, but I want to find a way of achieving them myself EVEN IF IT KILLS ME.
Total votes: 3 (23%)
Liberté, égalité, fraternité! I'll make my mind myself, BUT I'LL LISTEN TO REASON.
Total votes: 7 (54%)
¡Viva la revolución! No man or beast or robot shall rule upon me!
Total votes: 2 (15%)
Total votes: 13
Re: REKT micromanaging: the pollening

Well, with the majority of us having cast our votes/having given the explanation several interesting conclusions can be drawn:

1. People don't really like to be micromanaged.

2. People prefer suggestions to orders.

3. It depends on the roleplay; people who don't want to follow orders or take suggestions into consideration won't do it anyway.

4. Everything is situational!

Well, that's a rather shocking revelation :V

All-in-all, it seems that (as usual) we are fine and the whole damn mess was set in motion by a single good-willing person on the IRC and not due to the popular pressure.

Even thought it's a non-binding poll (duh!), I'll continue with the transition from giving orders to offering suggestions and issuing help requests.

I also hope that as novices' understanding of REKT grows there will be less obvious blunders and people will work more efficiently as a team.

Remember that complex operations depend on how well we make our individual actions complement each other in a team effort.

(says a guy who made everyone rely on their luck during the 1st turn's intence braking, Tesla-arked his entire squad, cut off his pincers with his own Scythe, spent a lot of time docking and undocking CASKETs, left one CASKET floating somewhere far in space, and landed a corvette with CASKETs docked underneath due to the failure communicate his intentions to the GM in a human-readable language :V )
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Online Now