Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Art Thread

gchapyzh wrote: Technically I could stay down with only two rotors and one beam, with the chain-cannon on the last rotor, but if its too short, it cant fire and turn very well, and if its too long, its a great target in any position.
how should that thing be too short?

you mount the very end of the cannon into a 180x180 degree 2 hinge joint on the "shoulder" of the turret and have the same flexibility without having to use weird arms or anything.

you think why turrets are used in the real world? because they are simple and effective and get their job done with minimal extra fuss.

gun, on a joint, on a turret base. it works, is simple, can be made much smaller than an arm based system and better armored due to its smaller size.

essentially, mount the chainguns into something like this
Spoiler:      SHOW
with the mount point roughly at the same spot as now, except centered instead of offset.
maybe something along the lines of the small side plasma cannons on this Leman Russ Tank

if you want to keep the torso construct, put the subturrets as "shoulders" onto it.

the belt feed thats not attached parallel to the arms also strongly restricts the maneuverable range of the gun, as the belt feed seems to be muuuuch shorter than the actuation range of the arms.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
gchapyzh wrote: Technically I could stay down with only two rotors and one beam, with the chain-cannon on the last rotor, but if its too short, it cant fire and turn very well, and if its too long, its a great target in any position.
how should that thing be too short?

you mount the very end of the cannon into a 180x180 degree 2 hinge joint on the "shoulder" of the turret and have the same flexibility without having to use weird arms or anything.

you think why turrets are used in the real world? because they are simple and effective and get their job done with minimal extra fuss.

gun, on a joint, on a turret base. it works, is simple, can be made much smaller than an arm based system and better armored due to its smaller size.

essentially, mount the chainguns into something like this
Spoiler:      SHOW
with the mount point roughly at the same spot as now, except centered instead of offset.
maybe something along the lines of the small side plasma cannons on this Leman Russ Tank

if you want to keep the torso construct, put the subturrets as "shoulders" onto it.

the belt feed thats not attached parallel to the arms also strongly restricts the maneuverable range of the gun, as the belt feed seems to be muuuuch shorter than the actuation range of the arms.
True.
But imagine there is something on the tank's face. That mount can't turn like that.
The tank is focused more on utility, speed and maneuverability then heavy shielding and armor.
The belt feed extends and shortens from the body.

Talvieno wrote:So, I tried modeling a REKT suit.

A bulky cheese wedge

Ultimately decided I was getting nowhere fast. I really suck at clothing design.
Yes... yes you do. :V
You are a not bad modeler however.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now