REKT is an LT Forum RPG (Role Playing Game). This means it's something kind of along the same lines as Dungeons & Dragons, although it uses a very different set of rules. Players do things, and I do rolls (if necessary) and tell them the results. You have a broad world to explore and manipulate, and level up after missions. You purchase gear and take care of it, and can make friends or enemies. Teamwork is key - lone wolves tend to die quickly.
A basic overview of the plot:
In the far future, humanity has conquered most of the known galaxy, forcing the alien minorities to small reservations at the edges, while humanity itself has populated the wealthy inner worlds near the galaxy's center. Crime, corruption and prejudice runs rampant, and prisons are bursting at the seams. Large prison corporations with prison ships fly from planet to planet, relieving each of some of their more dangerous criminals, and then execute them or put them to work as slave labor as they will. Tartarus Inc. is one of these, with its 13.5km-long megaship Tartarus.
Tartarus permits about 1/30th of its inmates - the best of the best - to become part of its REKT program - or REquisitional Knowledge Troops. The players are among these. They get sent out to steal, gather, or otherwise discover important technology and materials from dangerous locations. Many of them die. If those that survive complete ten missions, they're free to leave, and receive a full pardon.
TL;DR: Players are inmates aboard a prison ship, in a program that sends these inmates out to dangerous regions of the galaxy to collect anomalous materials.
These rules apply to all members, including the GM. Violating any of the rules may result in a warning, moved/deleted post, or just getting banned from the game.
Above all else, please be polite as you engage with your fellow REKT players!
Rules of conduct:
- All rules for the rest of the forums still apply here.
- Be polite to other players. The exception is if your character is talking to another character: in those cases, you can be as rude as you like - if it's in line with your character.
- If your character is active, you are required to post at least monthly between missions (more often if not), or your character will be moved to the AWOL list. You can rejoin later - if there's room.
- If your character is inactive (i.e. you're in line for a turn), you need to post in the main thread at least once every three months (or talk semi-regularly in IRC) so I know you're still available to play.
- You can only have one active character at a time.
- Read the game rules before attempting to make a character! At least have a basic understanding of what you're getting into.
- Keep large discussions out of the mission threads and Tartarus threads. Those stay in the main thread.
- Do not post in the mission thread if you are not part of the mission, even in ((out-of-character brackets)). This applies even if you were part of the mission, but died.
- If you are in a mission, do not post in a campaign hub thread (Tartarus, Nemesis, briefing room, etc).
- GM decisions are final and non-negotiable.
- If you die, you cannot post with that character anymore unless - and until - it is resurrected. If it is a permadeath, you cannot post with that character again at all.
- No sexual talk, either in character or out of character. If you really want to sexually roleplay, take it to PMs. The GM will not take part in it.
Is this really a game you want to play?
Try checking out our REKT Player Litmus Test if you're unsure about playing. It may be able to help!
How to make a character
- Read the rules here.
- Copy the character sheet from here.
- Fill it out and post it in the main thread.