Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Mission 2: Sedirmar Convoy

Dear God we are running out if time.

"Clara, that's an impressive piece of work; I'm really glad to have you with us. Now, our folks in the rear hangar are being killed; do you think you can offer them some fire support? Maybe induce an anti-matter containment failure in the ship's engine the hostiles are using as cover?"

"Anyone who's free, please damage the engines some more."

"Squid, buddy, great job here. We are safe - for now. Do you think you can put up the main shield around the SV again? MIMIR reinforcements are about to drop in. Oh, and you might have to drop personal shields at the moment's notice and go help our folks to get to the Maiden."

"Fawkes, any luck recovering my CASKET? I think its RCS fuel reserves are gone, so you might be able to arrest its motion with your robotic arm or something...I'll leave it in your hands."

"SCAMPS, thank you for information. Does forecast on those MIMIR reinforcements still hold? Could your extraction team delay them by jamming or something?"

"Team Rear Hangar - Dinosawer, we need to GTFO, fast. I'll position the Maiden near the hangar's exit; drop the force field and run for the Maiden; we'll cover your retreat with some heavy weaponry."

"BFett, we need some assistance here. Some dudes on the ground are hungry for a particle beam in the face."

"Zorathex, we need you to recover the objective. Use your magnetic clamps and whatever cables I'll be able to find to get it out, we'll cover you."

Anyone who's free from blowing up the engines - we are in need of some precision fire here. Please assist in covering the objective's retrieval.

Bloody Hell I've got to go fast.

Fly the Maiden to the rear hangar; leave it floating within the jump distance if possible. Put an explosive bolt into my crossbow. WHEN/IF the forcefield drops, go to the nearest hull opening and shoot at the meanest-looking enemy. Account for bolt transitioning from zero-g to artificial gravity once it enters the hangar. Avoid enemies that are close to allied soldiers.

Search for some sturdy cable on the Miaden; give it to Zorathex IF he needs it.

Be ready to kill any MIMIR soldiers trying to board the Maiden with my sword and electron sword (one weapon per enemy).

IF and only IF all rear hangar folks and the objective are recovered, fly to the side hangar.

((edited a lot))
Last edited by outlander on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

"Roger that, Foreigner.

Blake, Ysavva, that shield needs to go down as soon as the shieldmaiden arrives here!

Tonon, Doc, Aliss and whoever else is still inside the science vessel, we really could use some back-up here...

Kai'isha, it seems the Doctor is...asleep? Eh? Can you give him anti-shock meds from your medkit? He might not be the nicest, but I'm not planning on leaving anyone behind. After that you can patch up people and help them to their ship if needed. And if you think it's safe, maybe you can try to recover Taepilus? Aliss, can you help her with that? You can put his head in one of our cargo pods. "

"Hema, glad to see you're still with us! I borrowed your electron sword, but you can have it back now. I suspected it was Aegagrus who tried to blow us up - but it seems cosmic justice has already been served, so all we need to do is not take him with us, which isn't hard."

First, I'll crawl towards exosuitguy and cut of the interesting / weapony parts of his suit with the electron sword and stuff them in my backpack.
Then I'll throw Hema's sword (turned off) back towards the door of the hallway.
Then I crawl back to the objective, and I'll take my crossbow out of my backpack, and if the plasma streamer is kaput from those blasts my electrorifle too.

Then, staying in cover, I'll fire my weapons (explosive bolt for the crossbow, then plasma streamer/plasma rifle, then plasma rifle/electrorifle) at the mimir goons (prefer those threatening friendlies) and hope they don't want to shoot me for risk of hitting whatever this thing is I'm sitting behind.

When the shieldmaiden is arrived and the shield is down:
First, I take the beacon from my hip and enable it with the switch on the bottom, grip the upper and lower halves firmly, and turn in one-half rotation (180 degrees). Then I peel off the chemical strip on one side which I will now be able to get to, and quickly press it against the objective so it welds itself on.
(( :ghost: ))
Then I limp towards the end of the hangar, scoop up the plasma bomb launcher near Aegagrus on the way and jump from the edge to the shieldmaiden, using crossbow+cable reel to get in if needed, and let Squidhead fix my suit and leg. While in a vacuum/lowered pressure, use hands to try and keep air in my suit.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:35 am, edited 7 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

When the shield maiden arrives at the hangar, initiate the shield offline countdown and attempt to short circuit the control panel ((Covering all my bases))
In the meanwhile, pew pew people with my weapons and try to stay alive. If that dude who almost killed me last time turns up, prioritize him.
Prioritize targets that will help keep my allies and myself alive, assist any nearby allies if I can (Using any of my other skills that I'm fairly competent in (Handiwork and such))

Once the Maiden arrives and the shield is down (If there are no unoccupied hostiles or hostiles that otherwise post a threat to Blake), board the Maiden. If the Maiden is next to the side hangar at any point, leave and enter my CASKET, taking off and moving a small distance from the fighting.
Else run to my CASKET, take off and move away from the fighting.
Keep weapons ready and eyes sharp for any possible hostiles.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

"Outlander, tell me where they are and I'll fry them for you."

((Do this action last))Hacks the nearest hostile hammer which hasn't been hacked yet and sets the missiles to explode once they fire. (Using the same program as last time if possible.)
Last edited by BFett on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Good to hear from you too, Dinosawer."
"Taniya, see what you can do to help out. I'm not sure what condition everyone's in."
Run to get within throwing range of mimir 8, 2 and 3, and lob my frag grenade at them. After that, grab the sword Dino threw to me, and run up to the orb room (as shown on the map) and scan the orb. If I have time, go over and touch it, and try to get a picture of the wiring.
"Seems you guys left an artifact, I'll see if I can get it after helping.
Breaker of fortune cookies

"Sorry Commander, I haven't managed to secure your Ship yet. Give me another try. I'll meet up at the Hangar-Bay shortly."

Try a second time to dock on Foreigner's CASKET with my Landing-Clamps. This time, use the Robotic Clamps to stabilize the ship and then try to dock. Try not to damage weapons or the cockpit.
Then proceed on even if it's a failure. Start muttering in case of Failure: "Darn Ships, why can't they do what you tell them once."

If the Pick-Up is successful, keep the additional weight and resulting problems with maneuvering in mind when proceeding!

If the Shield is lowered already when i get there, give suppressing Fire to the M-Guys with the Particle gun. If then the BoarBear appears and it seems to attack the M-Guys, wait until it wants to attack one of the Tartarus-Inmates and shoot it with the Railgun. If it goes down agains the M-Guys. Shoot one of them instead, preferably the most dangerous looking one. (( :P ))

At any Time, keep away from the Maiden's Rocket-Launchers and the line-of-fire of my companions, as well of the engine they want to blow up. Also, don't shoot at M-Guys who are too close to companions.

((BFett? You might want to check the location of the "Next hostile Hammer" first. It looks to me like those are pretty far away from our position.))
Last edited by F4wk35 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

"I copy Dino, heading there. Everyone stand clear of all hostiles, I'm about to do some serious damage to those guys."

Heads to rear hanger and uses particle gun on hostile #8. ((Fires neutron gun at ammo cache #10 is using for cover.))
Last edited by BFett on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

"Anyone in the hangar, make sure you're sealed up, the forcefield should be dropping any time! By the way, sounds like the boarbear's about to crash the party here!"

As soon as I see M#7 reaching for a grenade, quickly spray bullets at him with my assault rifle to provide cover fire, then jump through the broken glass panes of the control room. On landing roll to Rikke's body. Throw one of her grenades into the group of M-goons further into the hangar, and the other grenade back into the control room to destroy the control panel.

Grab Rikke's body and run back to the entrance to the hangar and into the hallway, dragging her behind me.

"Blake, get back in here! Time to go!"

Lean into the hangar and use my dropshield as cover to take a shot at one of the remaining M-guys in the hangar with my gauss rifle, then get back into the hallway.
Pick up my dropshield, put it into my pocket, and wave Blake in. Pick up Rikke's body, throw it over my shoulder and run down the hallway until I get to Chaozz's body. Stoop down to grab him by the suit and drag him to the hangar as I keep running.. Drop Rikke and Cha0zz off there. If I run into Kai'isha before I get to the hangar, get her attention to wake Cha0zz up.

"Kai'isha! Can you wake Cha0zz up? I think he's still alive. He needs to fly! Make sure his suit is sealed too!!" Give Kai'isha Marcson's medkit if she doesn't have one.

While Kai'Isha is waking up Cha0zz, run back into the ship to pick up whatever's left of Taepilus. Bring it back to the hangar.

Take my tether out of my ship and use it to secure Taepilus, then use all the extra length to wrap and tie both Rikke and Taepilus's bodies securely to the front of my ship. If Cha0zz is still unconscious put him into the cockpit of his GREASE. Buckle him in and tell Jimmy
"Hey Jimmy, Cha0zz is out of it right now. Go take cover around the Shieldmaiden until everyone's ready to leave, then get Cha0zz out of here!"

Once everything's secure, get into my ship and take off. If there's still activity in the rear hangar, wait there until everyone is ready to leave and the pickup vessel arrives. If any Mimir reinforcements have arrived by now, dodge them and try to lose them in the features of the SV.
Last edited by DeusVorpal on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

BFett wrote: ((Please role play the request to convince my character. Otherwise, I'll just say I told you so.))
((Do you really need convincing? Was cutting the otherwise flyable Shieldmaiden in two by accident not convincing enough? :V Well, if you want it, here it is: ))

"BFett, that fire support request - please don't overdo it - we can heal a hole made by a bullet but there won't be much left if your neutron beam hits in the wrong place. Use high-precision weaponry whenever possible!"
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Online Now