REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

A Space-Based Role Playing Game! (Unaffiliated with Limit Theory)
Forum rules
- Forum Rules - - REKT Rules - - REKT FAQ - - REKT Wiki

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Postby JanB1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:40 am

0111narwhalz wrote:
JanB1 wrote:Well...frak Tal then! :ghost:

Welp. If you ever do join REKT, be prepared to make lots of bad rolls and die in a spectacular fashion. :ghost:


Welp...gotta get a starting attribute of "luck -2"...


Talvieno wrote::lol: I think the dice are unbiased. :D


Yeeeaaah...but char charts are. Or could be. :ghost:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Postby Dinosawer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:42 am

No, since those are player-made (using set rules, no DnD dice rolling) :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
User avatar
Dinosawer
Admiral
 
Posts: 5821
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Postby JanB1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:44 am

Dinosawer wrote:No, since those are player-made (using set rules, no DnD dice rolling) :ghost:


No dice rolling? :shock:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Postby Dinosawer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:51 am

Nope. Everything starts at zero, and you can raise some stats, on the price of lowering others. (if you raise 1 stat you have to lower 1, if you raise 2 stats, you have to lower 3, if you raise 3 you have to lower 6 etc. And this separately for the 8 stats and 8 skills.)
It's also way more condensed - stats only go from -2 till 5 (where 5 is hard to attain unless you never level anything else, and 3 is already "you are super good at this"), and initial stats from -2 to 2.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
User avatar
Dinosawer
Admiral
 
Posts: 5821
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Postby JanB1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:04 am

Dinosawer wrote:Nope. Everything starts at zero, and you can raise some stats, on the price of lowering others. (if you raise 1 stat you have to lower 1, if you raise 2 stats, you have to lower 3, if you raise 3 you have to lower 6 etc. And this separately for the 8 stats and 8 skills.)
It's also way more condensed - stats only go from -2 till 5 (where 5 is hard to attain unless you never level anything else, and 3 is already "you are super good at this"), and initial stats from -2 to 2.


You seriously have negative stats? I never played a DnD with negative stats before. :shock:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Postby Dinosawer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:00 am

Well, it's not a DnD :ghost:
It uses d6 rolls adjusted with stats/stat differences/differences of stat averages. Negative means you're crappy at something, 0 is not very good, positive is decent to very good.
Stats are more linked to specific things (which is why we have more than DnD) - the system forces you to specialise to a degree, do stuff you're good at and avoid stuff you're bad at.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
User avatar
Dinosawer
Admiral
 
Posts: 5821
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Postby JanB1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:02 am

Dinosawer wrote:Well, it's not a DnD :ghost:
It uses d6 rolls adjusted with stats/stat differences/differences of stat averages. Negative means you're crappy at something, 0 is not very good, positive is decent to very good.
Stats are more linked to specific things (which is why we have more than DnD) - the system forces you to specialise to a degree, do stuff you're good at and avoid stuff you're bad at.


Oh, okay. Cool. :P
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Postby Dinosawer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:04 am

The nitty gritty detail is in the rules and stats pages I linked above :mrgreen:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
User avatar
Dinosawer
Admiral
 
Posts: 5821
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Postby JanB1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 am

Dinosawer wrote:The nitty gritty detail is in the rules and stats pages I linked above :mrgreen:


tl;dr

No, shame on me, should really read this. But it's so much! And I got so much to dooo! :?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Previous

Return to REKT



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest