Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Since the normal AI can't attack enemies for understandable reasons of balance:
Combat AI
  Ammo: none
  Requirements: +2 aux, doesn't use an aux slot
  Description: Like the normal ship AI, except this one is actually able to attack enemies. Give it one of your guns and have fun destroying your enemies with a hailstorm of fire. Uses your stats and skills. Works better if you have turrets.
  Price: somewhere between 5 and 8 creds? :think:
Last edited by Dinosawer on Sun May 29, 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Idunno wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:Since the normal AI can't attack enemies for understandable reasons of balance
Won't stop me from trying. :ghost: :twisted:
Terrible with guns
Terrible at staying calm
Terrible with blunt weapons
Terrible at multitasking
Terrible with field manipulators
Terrible with explosive weaponry
Terrible at improvising
Terrible with plasma infantry weapons
Terrible with exotic weaponry
Terrible with unidentified weapons
Terrible with carrying infantry weapons
Terrible with book learning
Terrible at hacking
Terrible at piloting advanced ships
Terrible against hacking attacks

http://talvieno.ddns.net/REKT/rektSheets.html

:ghost:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Triggerhappy wrote:
Idunno wrote:
Talvieno wrote: Terrible against hacking attacks

:ghost:
I am a walking talking security breach. :ghost: :twisted:
*Walks into bank* "SECURITY BREACH" *gets shot*
Kinda like that, except if somebody decides to hack into me and succeeds, I will suddenly become so much more competent in combat. I will hit all of everything but my intended targets, the Tartarus operatives. :ghost: :twisted:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

A New Challenger wrote:Basically, what you're saying is that we need to get Bfett to hack you and implant a new Combat protocol :ghost:
Just hack me, get me to become a turncoat, and aim my weapon at an ally. My weapon stats will do the rest. :ghost: :shh:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

PUDDING (exotic, ship weapon)
  Price: 5/6 creds?
  Ammo: 5 cartridges, 2 creds per extra set of 5
  Requirements: PSI +1
  Description: stands for Particle Uniformisation Device for Demolition and Interception with Nanobot Globules
A launcher for small nanobot globules programmed for a very specific purpose: turning enemies into goo. Literally. When they hit something, the nanobots will alter the molecular structure to an inflammable yellow non-newtonian fluid, gradually spreading through the enemy ship until they run out of power, at which point they will ignite and the affected parts will vaporise in a small flash. (flash might blind enemies, but does not deal notable explosive damage.)

  More details:
  • Transmutating armor is significantly slower but is possible with sufficient skill.
  • Keeps doing damage over turns: every turns it rolls PSI with a gradually raising difficulty modifier, the first turn you fail your roll it stops and ignites the goo.
  • Can deal a lot of damage if you have a lot of PSI
  • Limited ammo and takes several turns to reach its full potential, making it better fit for larger threats.
  • Compared to the nanomorph gun it’s more focused on damage and less on flexibility.

I'll be honest, I just wanted something for that acronym for jokes :ghost:
But I think it's cool, something that slowly eats parts of enemy ships and does more damage over time the higher your PSI gets.

SCANS Helm (infantry, helmet upgrade)
  Price: 1 or 2 creds, depending on how it works
  Ammo: none
  Requirements: nothing/robotics+0?
  Description: stands for SCanning and Augmented Nocturnal Spectrum Helm
Performs the electrical, thermal and radiative scans you normally need a PDA for, keeping your hands free to do other things. Good for recon characters.
Doesn’t contain X-ray vision, so stop trying to look through the suit of that hot chick of squad 4, you perv.
  More details:
Could be a passive effect or roll robotics, dunno.
Was mentioned by Tal on IRC, so I posted it here.

Finally decided just to throw this out there after numerous mentions and ideas on IRC.

Powered Armor (infantry, suit upgrade)
Price: 4 or 5
Ammo: None
Requirements: Nothing/Energy +1/+2?
Description: Take pieces from an Exosuit, stuff them in Heavy Armor, and you get this. Requires some strength (or maybe training?) to use, but the Exosuit components inside assist movement, allowing the user to move as though they weren't wearing 1/4 tons of metal. No, it doesn't make you invincible. No, it doesn't make you stronger. So stop stepping into enemy fire and crushing yourselves, this shit ain't free.
More Details: Protection of Heavy Armor, but without the Str/Agi loss, thanks to the assistance of Exosuit components. Tried to make it fairly balanced compared to most other "Power Armor".

Didn't have time to think of a fancy acronym, and the description is bleh, but I wantz it.

A New Challenger wrote:Finally decided just to throw this out there after numerous mentions and ideas on IRC.

Powered Armor (infantry, suit upgrade)
Price: 4 or 5
Ammo: None
Requirements: Nothing/Energy +1/+2?
Description: Take pieces from an Exosuit, stuff them in Heavy Armor, and you get this. Requires some strength (or maybe training?) to use, but the Exosuit components inside assist movement, allowing the user to move as though they weren't wearing 1/4 tons of metal. No, it doesn't make you invincible. No, it doesn't make you stronger. So stop stepping into enemy fire and crushing yourselves, this shit ain't free.
More Details: Protection of Heavy Armor, but without the Str/Agi loss, thanks to the assistance of Exosuit components. Tried to make it fairly balanced compared to most other "Power Armor".

Didn't have time to think of a fancy acronym, and the description is bleh, but I wantz it.
Not trying to act all smart and stuff but your strength/energy is 0. So you basically can't wear your own suggestion ;D At least at the moment. If we survive this mission... :D

http://lt-rekt.wikidot.com/inmate:servius
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Online Now