Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Armory Suggestions (R&D)

Sideshields

You're bad at robotics? Your squadmates think that you're not using robotic arms right? Or maybe, you simply don't like your robotic arms. After all, they are ugly.

We've got the thing just for you. Carbon nanotube-reinforced steel Sideshields are attached in place of robotic arms and offer increased protection from the side, and - thanks to their curved shape - somewhat greater protection from other sides as well.

Rolls: none
Price: 1 credit
Reduces damage, duh.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Improvised Gauss rifle
**infantry weapon**

Finally, a tool that lets you use the fork you stole from the mess hall. The Improvised Gauss rifle is a rifle that lets you launch everything you can fit in the barrel, as long as it contains metal this gun will fire it. It comes standard with a small metal pebbles as ammo.

Rolls: conventional?
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Mine-layer
**Unconventional Weapon**

Ammo Types:
  • EMP:
    This type of ammo fires an electro-magnetic pulse, disabling all electronics in $range and causes damage to all electronically systems in $range2
  • Plasma:
    This type of ammo explodes in a fiery plasma causing large amounts of damage to all objects in $range.
  • Stealth:
    This type of ammo trades in explosive power for stealth abilities, it features a conventional explosive that is less powerful than the plasma explosive but it makes up for this by featuring a small stealth-field generator that effectively cloaks the mine and makes it invisible in most light spectra. (moving of the mine breaks the stealth-field)
  • Cluster?
Targeting Types:
  • Proximity:
    Triggers when any ship or large enough object comes into $range
  • Magnetic:
    Causes the mine to move towards metallic objects and to explode on contact.
    Triggers when an object bumps into the mine.
  • Thermal?
The player can choose 1/multiple? ammo+targeting types combinations.
This piece of equipment comes with a nice mine recovery tool that allows you to recover your (own) mines.
Mines are dropped out of the minelayer at the back of the ship and activate after 0,5 s.
Last edited by Cha0zz on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dinosawer wrote:And what's the difference with the Blunderbuss?
Blunderbuss fires stuff at a target in front of you, this lays down stationary stuff behind you.
The blunderbuss is more of an all purpose gun thingy than a minelayer, so the minelayer is purely an explosive weapon (the minelayer would thus roll the same stats as the other explosives).

If the blunderbuss is the equivalent of a crossbow than this is the equivalent of grenades.

Dinosawer wrote:I urge you to re-read the description of the Blunderbuss. It's turreted and can be used very well as a mine layer (it says that literally) :ghost:
Oh I must've read over it.

Well my suggestion still stands; this thing is a dedicated minelayer and should thus use more powerful mines, I also suggested a lot more mines than the blunderbuss has which can be modified or chosen depending upon the required situation.

Edit:

Maybe it's just me but I think the blunderbuss is a bit overpowered for it's price compared to other weapons, certainly since it's turreted while other weapons require an payed upgrade to do that.

Cha0zz wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:I urge you to re-read the description of the Blunderbuss. It's turreted and can be used very well as a mine layer (it says that literally) :ghost:
Oh I must've read over it.

Well my suggestion still stands; this thing is a dedicated minelayer and should thus use more powerful mines, I also suggested a lot more mines than the blunderbuss has which can be modified or chosen depending upon the required situation.

Edit:

Maybe it's just me but I think the blunderbuss is a bit overpowered for it's price compared to other weapons, certainly since it's turreted while other weapons require an payed upgrade to do that.
It's basically a tube with explosives packed into it...
I don't think it needs to be very expensive.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Unconventional:
Fluorine gun
Essentially a big tube and pump which blow out pure, gaseous fluorine out of a specially sealed tank. Although it has a limited range, the fluorine will violently eat through almost any armor and material known to science. The expel focus of the fluorine can be adjusted all the way from concentrating all the gas to a small circle if you want to destroy a specific and small target to a wide angle if you want to gas an entire area near you. The fluorine will be best in total vacuum, not ideal under dusty conditions and practically useless in an atmosphere. The gun comes with two canisters, each good for two shots and an additional two canisters may be bought for 2 credits each.

Rolls: Attacker's Unconventional and Maneuverability vs Defender's Intuition and Durability

Hapchazzard wrote:Unconventional:
Fluorine gun
Essentially a big tube and pump which blow out pure, gaseous fluorine out of a specially sealed tank. Although it has a limited range, the fluorine will violently eat through almost any armor and material known to science. The expel focus of the fluorine can be adjusted all the way from concentrating all the gas to a small circle if you want to destroy a specific and small target to a wide angle if you want to gas an entire area near you. The fluorine will be best in total vacuum, not ideal under dusty conditions and practically useless in an atmosphere. The gun comes with two canisters, each good for two shots and an additional two canisters may be bought for 2 credits each.

Rolls: Attacker's Unconventional and Maneuverability vs Defender's Intuition and Durability
Select a flamethrower, buy a canister of HFl.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now