It's a laser; infinite ammo. Long reload time for the electron storage ring to precharge.
Heavy infantry weapon, takes two slots. Energy +0. Two-handed.
Conventional and energy vs. durability and intuition
It's a giant laser powered by a particle accelerator. Obliterate your enemies with the power of bremsstrahlung. The beam exits the weapon in a narrow vertical plane, perfect for cutting.
- Pulse is very short; no beam-sweeping.
- Tunable through a wide band of frequencies, from microwave up to hard X-ray. Shorter waves result in better penetration, but may overpenetrate or be rendered ineffective by atmosphere.
- Electron beam is quenched by exit from the bottom of the weapon, near the muzzle. A grounding strap prevents the user from attaining a net charge. (If the circuit is not completed, user will build up a positive charge and may be shocked.)
- Electron beam is probably only taser-level once attenuated. Still, placing your hand beneath it is likely to result in Bad Things™.
- Heavy as hell.
- Relatively fragile. Don't try to use it in melee unless you want the electron beam going in strange directions. (Spoiler: You probably don't want the electron beam going in strange directions.)
- Has a component called a "wiggler."
Kind of the infantry equivalent of the SILICON, only with more beam. Hits hard and fast, like a kinetic weapon, but it's a laser.