Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Little Questions Thread

I have a question, but it's not urgent and I don't want to bother Tal on IRC while he's doing the update, so I'll put it here and then ask him later on irc because he forgot about this thread :ghost: :

The rocket boots now give 2 uses per turn when you have 3 auxiliary. If you use both charges for combat, does that trigger multiroll?
(I guess I could ask the same about non-combat use, but with 3 aux that's +6, so it doesn't matter if it does :D )
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Multiroll exotic question:
in the current rules, weapon limits are separate for amps and non amps. Meaning, if you have, say, 1 non-amp and 3 amps, you can use your non-am once, and three amps per turn. If you use the non-amp more you only get multiroll for that (and not for the amps) and vice versa.

But, say you don't want to use any amps at all one turn. Do you get to use the non-amp more often?
If yes, how much more often?
(2 times extra seems logical since the PSI pack is a heavy weapon)

Dinosawer wrote:in the current rules, weapon limits are separate for amps and non amps. Meaning, if you have, say, 1 non-amp and 3 amps, you can use your non-am once, and three amps per turn. If you use the non-amp more you only get multiroll for that (and not for the amps) and vice versa.
That seems intensely overpowered, and I'm not sure why I made it like that. I'll probably need to revisit it.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Naed would like you, Det. :P

Dino - Seven attacks in a single turn really does feel rather OP to me... especially for a mid-level character. I agree that it would probably be much easier to compact it the way you suggest. That could be the nerf I was looking for.
Wait, what?
I always interpreted it as 4, not 7 (don't you mean 6?) - I thought of the PSI pack as "blocking" those normal weapon slots for usage also. Which is only fair since it allows you to use the amps instead.
So you would have 1 for your non-amp + 2 (blocked by PSI pack) + 3 for amps = 4.
Of course, now you mention it, I guess that's not actually specified in the rules...

Well, that might explain why we had different ideas about exotic being OP :ghost:

Does that mean we can have the amount of amps back to what it was last week? :ghost:

Ah, yes... That explains a lot. My notes don't match up with the wiki. The PSI Pack taking up 2 slots works quite well.

As to attacks-per-turn... yeah, let's do it with the regular way. Simple and intuitive.

I have some weapon ideas to propose before I implement, too, but that'll probably have to be done on IRC.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Ah, yes... That explains a lot. My notes don't match up with the wiki. The PSI Pack taking up 2 slots works quite well.
Oh, you reduced the amount of amps because you thought it only used 1 slot?
Talvieno wrote: I have some weapon ideas to propose before I implement, too, but that'll probably have to be done on IRC.
You know where and when to find me :ghost:

Online Now