Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Little Questions Thread

Dinosawer wrote:If I raise agility/maneuverability to 4, does that mean nothing can hit me since I can't fail a dodge roll? :ghost:
Not all weapons roll agility, and it also partially depends on the level of enemies you're facing. If the enemy has their skills at 4, you're effectively both at 0. I'll just make the battle be a bit more epic but it'll have the same results.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

The warp field page states
"Target must be accelerating in roughly the same direction for it to take effect"

Does that mean it doesn't work if the object is simply moving in that direction? That would quite reduce usability of that thing :think:

Also, that thing would be devastating in an atmosphere :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:Also, is it just me or is the hypnosis coil insanely expensive for what it does? :think:
Isn't that the thing where you project your image in front of an enemy, another enemy shoots at "you" and hit his friend/something important/the frail antimatter-container you "forgot" there? :?
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Also: enhanced systems.
It apparently now is a +1 and states "Unlike the enhanced mounting systems, this upgrade factors in before calculations, letting you add the gains to your stats."
What is that supposed to mean? :eh:

(relatedly, Tal, I would appreciate it if you edited both the collective page and the individual when you change stuff :P )
Last edited by Dinosawer on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morning.

I got a question regarding weapon/evade/damage rolls in certain cases:

As it is now in the mission-thread, there are lots and lots of MIMIR-Soldiers in the hangar. How is it handled in case I fly by with my particle gun and use the full 10 seconds till overheat to sweep most of the hangar low above floor? I mean, there is exactly one attack in this action, but lots of targets. :|
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Dinosawer wrote:Also: enhanced systems.
It apparently now is a +1 and states "Unlike the enhanced mounting systems, this upgrade factors in before calculations, letting you add the gains to your stats."
What is that supposed to mean? :eh:

(relatedly, Tal, I would appreciate it if you edited both the collective page and the individual when you change stuff :P )
The advanced mounting systems don't actually give you a +1 to your stats; they merely make it so that if you only have +1 energy, you can mount things that require +2.

The Enhanced systems make it so that you can actually add the +1 to your rolls.

F4wk35 wrote:Morning.

I got a question regarding weapon/evade/damage rolls in certain cases:

As it is now in the mission-thread, there are lots and lots of MIMIR-Soldiers in the hangar. How is it handled in case I fly by with my particle gun and use the full 10 seconds till overheat to sweep most of the hangar low above floor? I mean, there is exactly one attack in this action, but lots of targets. :|
A sweep is significantly less accurate than choosing to fire at single soldiers. I haven't decided on the exact roll method yet, but it comes down to you putting your fate in my hands. :P
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

gchapyzh wrote:Are we allowed to post portraits of our characters on the REKT wiki page?
Ehh sure I guess? I'll need to include a space for it in the template though.

Edit:
The inmate wiki-pages now have the option to include a picture. The max width of the picture is 250px, there is no max height but try to make it not too disproportionate to the width.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Aside from the questions i asked above a while back (*cough 2 months ago cough* :ghost: ) I have some about the nanobot pack:
How wild can you go with it? Can you make self-moving stuff? A Nanobot crab to pinch your foes in the toes? Scout quadcopter? Or is it confined to static stuffs?
Also, if you use it to make something that would normally be considered an unconventional weapon (say, a spike for stabbing people) does it still roll PSI+general knowledge for attacking with it?

Online Now