Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

Talvieno wrote:He cocks his head to one side (if you can call it that - it looks rather like an ancient steam whistle)
((That explains why my Charisma is so bad. :ghost: ))
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

What are you talking about, we recovered plenty of anomalous materials from our first mission. Surely some of it has to be compatible with the ship ...
I'm sure that if I could take a look into some of the data that I could come up with something.

And if you don't know about what orbs I'm talking I'm not going to tell you more... Unless you could help me to take a look in lambda off course, I might have some ideas about them that interest the scientists up there anyway.

And you don't happen to have an idea of what our next mission will be do you? Or about some nice new tech that would be useful there?
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Hmm, probably should've expected this. If this were a movie this is were I'd expect them to try and steal my brain... on the other hand, if they wanted to do that they wouldn't have made coming here a voluntary thing.
Let's just treat this conversation like battle: charge in with overwhelming honesty and hope for the best.

(( Dino can't lie. If he doesn't want you to know something he just doesn't say anything, but that's not gonna work here. So, BONSAAAIIII!!!
I'm not gonna underline the whole block - you already know it all anyway, but Dino likes to tell a story ))
"I see. I should've probably expected this, but I forgot our helmets had camera's...
Yes, I agree it's very handy to not die. I'll gladly tell you anything I know and hope some of it trickles down to us poor sods below and helps some people not to die in the future.
Anyhow. I assume you are somewhat familiar with my mission history by now? Yes? Good.
As you no doubt already suspected it started after I touched the Quantum orb in Chilendorn. I already described what I saw to SCAMPS in great detail, so I won't bore you with that. What's interesting is what I saw afterwards.
When Squidhead was about to start fixing my foot I suddenly saw myself, being held down by the others while he was operating on me.
I came back to myself, and 30 seconds later it actually happened.
Then later I saw a vision of myself opening the airlock 30 seconds before I actually did it.
Now, I lost tons of blood and wasn't entirely conscious so I thought I was just hallucinating - until they found that thing in my brain when we got back.
I still wasn't entirely sure how it worked though. If you can see the future, does that mean you can change it?
The answer came at the start of mission 2; we were dropped of far from the rest of the platoon, headed for a group of HAMMERs by ourselves, with 2 people unfit for combat and 1 rookie. So I did what everyone would've done - I tried to see the future to give me an edge.
I saw a vision of myself taking on the HAMMERs, and one of them going after Tonon - I tried to take him down, but I was too late; Tonon was dead.
So when the vision faded, I immediately went for the HAMMER that would go after Tonon, and I managed to disable it in time for Tonon to survive.
At that point I knew it was invaluable in keeping my friends alive. I couldn't use it constantly - it's mentally tiring to use - but it could give us an edge where needed.
Then, later, on the MIMIR science vessel, I came another one of those Quantum orbs, working - so I touched it again.
If the first touch was so useful, what would a next one do, I wondered?
At first I thought it didn't do anything, so I moved on.
Right after, I decided to use the futurevision thing again - we were about to storm a hangar guarded my MIMIR soldiers, and we were outnumbered 2 to 1, we needed every edge we could get.
In my vision, I saw Blake, Aegagrus and Taniya get shredded by that grenade, Rikke got taken down in a storm of fire from the left, myself storming in alone. The soldier I attacked evaded my attack by dropping a dropshield. Desperately I took the shield to use it for myself, and the vision faded right before I was shot by one of the other soldiers.
When the vision faded, not only had I knowledge of what would happen, somehow I was suddenly holding the shield I took in my vision. I have no idea how, but somehow I managed to steal something from an alternate future timeline - a deed which, as you saw, had a real effect on our timeline, somehow.
The rest you know - with what I knew, we managed to storm the hangar successfully, we got you the Darkspace ship and everyone got out alive. Well, except me.
I'm not sure how far the possibilities of this interdimensional kleptomania thing reach - I didn't exactly get to test it again, due to being temporarily deceased and all that.

So, that's what I know about it.
At this point, I fear your next move might be to steal my brain and use it for testing, no?" *grins*

If they say no:
"Oh, pardon me then. In that case, I'll gladly cooperate in whichever tests you want to perform. I think it's rather fascinating myself"

If they say yes:
"Understandably. Remember, however, the tale of the hen with the golden eggs - touching an orb again made the material so much more potent. And given the incredible properties of Quantum matter, I doubt it's the last orb we will encounter, don't you think? Imagine what it would do if I were to touch one again - which things you'll never learn if you kill me here and now. Not to mention the fact that symbiotic things tend not to fare well when you kill their hosts.
If you let me live, you can monitor my brain live - plenty of room here for some sensors. *taps chest, which contains my brain tank*
Maybe you even get to monitor what happens when I touch the next orb live - wouldn't that be fascinating?
I get to help my teammates live, and you get to study it all in great detail. I think that's a win for all of us.
And I'll gladly cooperate in which ever tests you want to perform."

I sit back, and see how this pans out.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

leave the rec room temporarily in search of Dak Perkins. When found, start up a conversation with him.
"Hello Dak, my name is Hema. I'm the leader of squad 2, and I serve under Sgt. Foreigner and Sgt. Cha0zz. You may have met, or heard of them.
I'd like to talk to you, if you can spare a moment."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Upon returning to the Mess Hall, I sit down at the table where the rest of Platoon 56 resides, not really feeling like eating anything at all right now. Even if I managed to get out of this alive, even if I got that pardon...it would prove difficult to get any kind of occupation outside of Mercenary- or Military Jobs. And I had different plans anyway...no use to make any plans beforehand if I was likely going to die after all this. And even if not...I wouldn't be that lucky a second time.

With a deep sigh, I look around the Mess Hall and listen in to the others conversations.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Charley_Deallus wrote:Stop what I am doing to speak with AFC Hema

"Yes sir, what can I help you with? I haven't met either of the two but I was just about to ask CHIARA to locate Sgt Foreigner."
"Ha, you don't have to call me Sir, Dak. I've only just joined REKT. I don't feel I deserve that sort of respect just yet. Last I saw him, he was in the mess hall. Anyway, I'm here to ask if you would like to join my squad. I have a few positions open on my squad that I need to fill."

Dak contemplates the proposal

"Well, I am certainly not against it but CHIARA told me that I was under Lieutenant Kalla and Sgt Foreigner, but I might be mistaken. I'm still not used to things here. Maybe we can walk to see this Sgt Foreigner and can figure things out. I'm sure I'll go to whoever needs me or maybe Kalla will choose," suggested Dak.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:Dak contemplates the proposal

"Well, I am certainly not against it but CHIARA told me that I was under Lieutenant Kalla and Sgt Foreigner, but I might be mistaken. I'm still not used to things here. Maybe we can walk to see this Sgt Foreigner and can figure things out. I'm sure I'll go to whoever needs me or maybe Kalla will choose," suggested Dak.
"I think you might be mistaken. Foreigner is a high ranking officer, it's up to you to decide which squad you want to be on. Perhaps we could. Though I don't think he'd want to be around me right now. I sorta saved someone that he wanted dead during the last mission. Can I ask what sort of squad you'd like to be on?"

"Well, I grew up in a mercenary group after I was orphaned. Basically a tight knit group where team work was hammered into our heads. Hammered into mine since I was old enough to walk. Following orders was extremely important. Not much freedom or creativity on operations was allowed because it could get people killed. Honestly, however, I don't know how things are with this unit," said Dak as he walked along.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:"Well, I grew up in a mercenary group after I was orphaned. Basically a tight knit group where team work was hammered into our heads. Hammered into mine since I was old enough to walk. Following orders was extremely important. Not much freedom or creativity on operations was allowed because it could get people killed. Honestly, however, I don't know how things are with this unit," said Dak as he walked along.
Walk with Dak
"I am glad to hear that you were taught teamwork. You would have been a big help on the last mission, some of our platoon members tried to act on their own, or simply refused to help. You can probably guess what happened to them. :( Creativity is certainly allowed in squad 2, just so long as it doesn't get yourself, or any allies killed. It may also be allowed in Sgt Foreigner's squad, though I've heard that he can be pretty strict. What unit are you referring to exactly? Do you mean the platoon, or my squad?"

Keep on walking and talking

"I mean everyone in REKT. All I heard while a prisoner is that you guys go on missions and a lot of you don't come back. So I didn't know if it was organized at all or if everyone is kind of just trying to stay alive. I was recommended to check out the VR Training Simulator to get a feel for combat," replied Dak as he thought things over.

Charley_Deallus wrote:Keep on walking and talking

"I mean everyone in REKT. All I heard while a prisoner is that you guys go on missions and a lot of you don't come back. So I didn't know if it was organized at all or if everyone is kind of just trying to stay alive. I was recommended to check out the VR Training Simulator to get a feel for combat," replied Dak as he thought things over.
"Whether or not people are organized depends on the situation. When there is little risk of injury, people tend to go off and do their own thing.
Once the platoon is met with serious danger, we tend to team up and work together. Usually... I was almost killed by a goat on the last mission that wanted to do his own thing... Visiting the VR simulator is an excellent way to practice your skills. I've logged a good deal of time in it myself.

Seeing as how you'll have to join a squad (being either foreigner's, or mine) I'd like to help by answering any questions you have. I may not be able to answer questions accurately about foreigner and his squad, though. "

Online Now