Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

Hema wrote: "Okay, first, what are you looking to find in a squad? Do you wish to fight on the ground, Or in the air?
This part is important as my squad specializes in ground tactics. If you want to fly, you'd best go off and join Sgt Foreigner.
I'm not quite sure what goes on during missions, but I'm not exactly very tough. Don't get me wrong, I can whack people over the head and slice them up pretty good, but I would feel more comfortable being a support on the ground.
Hema wrote: Second, what skills can you bring to the squad?
I'm good with exotic, bladed, explosive or random weapons. I can stay calm under fire and I am pretty agile.
Hema wrote: I would like to mention that we are usually on the front lines. That means that we will be shot at a lot. Can you handle that?
I can definitely handle being shot at, I'm pretty calm in tough situations.
Hema wrote: Are you able to follow orders when they are given?
Can you act on your own if needed when they are not?
And do you work well with others?"
I will follow orders when they are given, I want to get out of here as much as you do, and I realize we're only going to do that as a team.
I can figure out what to do in the absence of orders, I've always had to improvise at home.
I can work well with others, I just don't know if they'll like me.
Last edited by vector67 on Mon May 23, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

Black--Snow wrote: "Yes! I am a bit of a technophile indeed. The software wasn't as good as some I've seen, but it seemed to get the job done. I got into it fairly quickly but I haven't worked out tricks with it yet. I'm quite excited to use the hardware upgrades they recently brought in. Multiple simultaneous hacks as well as an increased transmission range will be extremely helpful."
The software does take a little getting used to. What I've found is that a little creativity can go a long ways in programming a powerful hack. It's not always easy, but when you start thinking outside the box that's when the true power of the software shines through.

Yeah, I'll enjoy using the new equipment. Hopefully they continue coming out with more goodies for us hackers.

Grimm wrote:
DeusVorpal wrote:Go to wander the hallways of Tartarus to get away from the background noise of the mess hall. After a few minutes ask CHIARA for Kalah's location.

Walk there, then poke Kalah to get her attention and offer her the extra credit.
"Here, the newbie credit. The squad wanted you to have it. It was once mine when I was the newest member of Squad One, and now it is yours. Make sure you use it to live so that you may pass it on in the future."
"Erm, thanks." take the credit gratefully so that later on she can buy a much needed equipment piece "It's nice to know that everyone's not out for themselves in the REKT program. I err, well, I appreciate this. Whenever you're in trouble I'll have your back like I hope you'll have mine." smile
"Sorry but I never caught your name. I'm Kalah, but I guess you already knew that. Oh and err, do you happen to have any pointers?" look mildly embarrased "I figure you probably did a few missions already so any tips on surviving would help me."
((sorry about the delay there. I got distracted/busy/not into it.))

"Well, I don't know about the rest of REKT. With us being divided into squads we figured that teamwork is better for everyone. As far as pointers? Hm... Don't do stupid shit? That's mostly what gets people killed as far as I've seen, but I'm only one mission in myself. As far as regular combat goes, just keep shooting enemies, checking your map, moving towards the objectives, and communicating with the team - those are the things that get missions done, both here in REKT and anywhere else in the universe you go."

"I'm Ysavva. I'll be glad to watch your back if the favour's returned."

BFett wrote:
Black--Snow wrote: "Yes! I am a bit of a technophile indeed. The software wasn't as good as some I've seen, but it seemed to get the job done. I got into it fairly quickly but I haven't worked out tricks with it yet. I'm quite excited to use the hardware upgrades they recently brought in. Multiple simultaneous hacks as well as an increased transmission range will be extremely helpful."
The software does take a little getting used to. What I've found is that a little creativity can go a long ways in programming a powerful hack. It's not always easy, but when you start thinking outside the box that's when the true power of the software shines through.

Yeah, I'll enjoy using the new equipment. Hopefully they continue coming out with more goodies for us hackers.
"Huh, I'll keep that in mind! Hopefully we can organise some sort of mega hack together sometime! Hahaha"
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

IronDuke wrote:Go find Foreigner. Attempt a smile.
"Computer thingy thinks your squad has an opening. Mind if I join?"
"Aye, and I'm the last person to be informed of this. First, my mechanic disappears without a trace, then the higher-ups took away the most brilliant, most capable officer I had...and nobody tells me anything, Hell no, it's in the squad openings list that I'm not even supposed to check if my squad is full, so I have to check every stupid rumour I've heard..."

Breathe and calm down. Look at William.

"I have two places to fill. One is close-quaters combat, preferably on the ground - I need somebody who can keep up with me. Another is exotic weaponry and intelligence-gathering..."
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

vector67 wrote: I'm not quite sure what goes on during missions, but I'm not exactly very tough. Don't get me wrong, I can whack people over the head and slice them up pretty good, but I would feel more comfortable being a support on the ground.

I'm good with exotic, bladed, explosive or random weapons. I can stay calm under fire and I am pretty agile.

I can definitely handle being shot at, I'm pretty calm in tough situations.

I will follow orders when they are given, I want to get out of here as much as you do, and I realize we're only going to do that as a team.
I can figure out what to do in the absence of orders, I've always had to improvise at home.
I can work well with others, I just don't know if they'll like me.
"Squad 2 doesn't really do much ground support, Nequeba. When we do, it's usually part of a larger plan. If this mission plays out like the last one, we'll be the first on the ground. I will be sure to remember your answers. For now, I recommend talking to Sgt. Foreigner, and seeing if you find his squad more to your liking. If not, there should be a spot on my squad waiting for you.

I would like to say that you're a valuable soldier. Team work on the battlefield can save your life, and it should be used whenever possible.
You shouldn't have a problem with anyone here. Unless you're a goat in disguise. I'm sure a lot of people here hate goats."
Breaker of fortune cookies

outlander4 wrote:
IronDuke wrote:Go find Foreigner. Attempt a smile.
"Computer thingy thinks your squad has an opening. Mind if I join?"
"Aye, and I'm the last person to be informed of this. First, my mechanic disappears without a trace, then the higher-ups took away the most brilliant, most capable officer I had...and nobody tells me anything, Hell no, it's in the squad openings list that I'm not even supposed to check if my squad is full, so I have to check every stupid rumour I've heard..."

Breathe and calm down. Look at William.

"I have two places to fill. One is close-quaters combat, preferably on the ground - I need somebody who can keep up with me. Another is exotic weaponry and intelligence-gathering..."
"I know. Nothing ever goes as planned or expected."
Facial twitch.
"I'm lousy with the fancy schmancy exotic stuff, but I'll work ground combat. It might be a little tough for me to keep up with you, since the prisons I was in before here didn't allow for exercising and I got out of shape, but I'll try."
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

UPDATE : THE LAST TARTARUS UPDATE BEFORE MISSION 3 BEGINS
(Please do not try to post in the briefing thread yet. I'll open it up when I post the briefing itself, and then we'll move talk over in that direction.)

Foreigner
Spoiler:      SHOW
outlander4 wrote:Oh bloody Hell.

"Thank you folks, would have not survived this without you. Let's go get us sorted out."

Quickly but thoroughly, search through the pockets of the enemies we've knocked down / killed, take anything of value.

Approach the lass and help her to get up. Ask her if she's fine and what the Hell the whole thing was about. Take Lugg D to the infirmary.

Once there, apologise to the doctors for giving them more work, and ask for the usual nanobot-enhanced treatment for my wounds.

Look at Servius and Dak, and address them: "I see you are from the same platoon. Good for you to stand by your mates. I'm Scott, better known as 'Foreigner' around here. I'm Squad 3's lead. It's a pleasure to meet you."

((edited)) ((edited some more :V))
You look around at your allies - Dak, Blake, and Servius - and nod. "Thank you, folks. Would not have survived this without you. Let's go get us sorted out."

As your allies begin walking off, you quickly stoop and begin searching the pockets of your fallen foes, hoping to find some small trinkets on them that might be worth something - or even better, credit tokens. Unfortunately, after searching them, going between each corpse or unconscious figure individually, all you find is a pack of cards... although Servius finds a pocket knife. He can't even get the knife open - it seems to be jammed. It's not quite what you'd hoped for (credits, obviously), but it's an interesting find nevertheless.

You straighten up, feeling somewhat dizzy and lightheaded, and look around for the girl you rescued... but she's nowhere to be seen. You walk down the row of statues, looking for her, and then walk back, puzzled. Did she flee?

Just then, a group of Tartarus guards walk into the memorial hall, headed in your direction. "You!" one of them call out. Her face is hidden behind her helmet. "Foreigner, is it? Did you see what happened here - oh, you look injured." As the other guards begin putting the other victims on stretcher, this one walks over to you and starts carefully examining your face. "Deep gash to the side of the head - will probably need stitches," she mutters, reaching into her side pouch. "Here, hold on a minute - you're losing a lot of blood." She comes back out with a stitch gun.

You start to shrink back - a guard using medical equipment? Surely there are rules and regulations against such a thing. On Earth it would never be permitted. "I'd prefer to have the doctors at the infirmary look at me, and thank you," you tell the lass politely - but she continues advancing. Her figure seems to blur.

"Hold still," she orders. "I have a medical PhD from Atlas University on New Earth. I am a doctor - or was. You're not even going to make it to the infirmary if we don't stop this bleeding."

Disbelievingly, you feel the side of your face, and find it feels somewhat numbed. When you pull your hand away you see that it's more or less coated in blood - and there's a lot running down your suit.

The guard approaches and looks you over. "Cranial trauma and heavy bleeding from the temporal artery," she mumbles. "You look like you're going into shock." She takes your face gently in her gauntleted hand. "I'm sorry, but this may sting a bit."

Before you can react, she's already sprayed the side of your face with something, and used her stitch gun at least three or four times - and each time comes with a decent amount of pain. You clench your teeth and say nothing of it, though. Before much longer, she's finished, and is smearing some kind of salve over the wound. "That'll hold it for now. Get to the infirmary - they'll do a better job there."

You nod - an action that makes your head throb. "Thank you, miss," you tell her cordially, and leave, following the other guards that took Lugg D out on a stretcher.

"And stay out of any more brawls!" she calls out behind you.

~~~

Before long, you've followed the rapid step of the medics to a back hallway of the infirmary. You feel somewhat deadened, and don't at all resist when someone grabs your hand, pulling you down another hallway. You feel someone jab something into your neck, and everything fades away...

~~~

Waking up, you find yourself in the outer area of the infirmary. You touch the side of your face, probing it gently with your fingers - and then your lip and cheek. You're sore, but everything seems to be mostly healed. You feel a slight ridge on the side of your face, however, where the FSM's noodle tore your skin, and you can't help but wonder if it will scar.

As you look around the room, you notice Dak and Servius. You get to your feet off the little cot and walk over, addressing them...

Dinosawer
Dinosawer wrote:
"Thanks CHIARA!" good girl
I head off for the Memorial Hall, then - Foreigner should hear this intel.
Upon seeing the mess there, I roll my eyes and help the people of our platoon to the medbay, and decide I'll tell Foreigner when he's less broken ribbed.
Then I think for a moment, shrug, walk back and drag the unconscious and dead guys to the medbay too, but to a different wing.
:ghost:

After that I go looking for Kai'isha. If I see Aliss in the meantime, wave at her, because Aliss is cool.
"Hey Kai'sha! Sorry I didn't check up on you sooner, there were some things I needed to take care of.
I was glad to hear you got back safely - I see you got patched up well by medical?
So, er, Kalla came to me and asked to let her transfer you to one of her squads - well, "asked" is maybe not the right term, she's our lieutenant after all, so I couldn't really refuse, and they only have one medic for 2 squads...
But, squadmates or not, if you're ever in danger, I'm just a shout away. Just wanted you to know that." *smiles*

((inb4 my -1 char messes that up. :? Ah well, saved her life last mission, that should count for something I guess :ghost: ))
((it does indeed count for something.))
After CHIARA helps you out with Foreigner's location, you head in that direction, walking down Tartarus's long hallways... and it isn't long before you find yourself following along a few hundred meters behind a group of armed Tartarus guards, jogging in formation. You rather wonder what the occasion is, and follow them down to their destination - which also happens to be the memorial hall, just like you. They enter a good ways ahead of you, and by the time you make it to the door, you have a little trouble figuring out where they disappeared to... but soon realize they're over between the FSM and Buddha shrines. That's when you notice Foreigner - some guard is holding his face and seemingly applying medical treatment. He's bleeding a lot, mostly from the side of his face. You cringe slightly and look away, but the image of his blood-stained jumpsuit remains in your mind for a moment. You'll talk to Foreigner when he's less... bloody-faced.

You start walking back down the hallway, but your guilt eats at you. What's this? You're walking away from an injured comrade? That's not the Dinosawer you know. Furrowing your brow, you turn about on your heel and make a determined march back towards Foreigner. You'll help him out. Maybe you'll drag the dead guys to the infirmary too.

Of course, as soon as you arrive back at the memorial hall, you realize the other guards are already wheeling the rest of the injured inmates away on what seem to be cheap pop-out stretchers. Foreigner is following along behind them.

You decide there isn't really much for you to do here, and start looking for Kai'isha. You figure she's probably still in the Mess Hall... that's where she usually is.

~~~

That's not where she is. Actually, you see no sign of her at all in the Mess Hall, even after searching it a few times. You sigh. She always had a way with getting lost.

~~~

After some more searching, you eventually locate her - in the infirmary lobby. She's walking about and "tending" to the patients there, apparently playing amateur therapist to people who are feeling somewhat unsteady on their new mechanical feet. You remember feeling mildly unsteady as well when you first got moving, so her help is probably beneficial - especially if the doctors don't always do as good a job as they managed in your case. You stand and watch for a moment as she leads a man from Platoon 87 back and forth, encouraging him and giving advice. Eventually, he thanks her, they hug, and he leaves. Kai'isha starts looking around for another inmate to help, but quickly notices you instead.

"Dinosawer!" she calls out, rushing over. "Are you all right?"

"Hey Kai'isha!" you wave back. "Sorry I didn't check up on you sooner - there were some things I needed to take care of."

As she comes in close, it becomes rather obvious how much shorter she is than you. It's not something you normally think about. "I was there when they took your body to the warpship hospital - " Suddenly, she stops short as she realizes you're not really human anymore. "You ... your skin," she says quietly. "All of it?"

You nod. "I'm a cymek now."

"Oh..." She traces a finger lightly over the contours of your metallic arm, staring at it quietly, and looks back at you, frowning empathetically. "Were you wounded so badly?"

Laughing, you shake your head. "No, I just didn't want to get my legs cut off again. That seems to have a tendency to happen... I see you got patched up by medical?"

She nods. "Yes. I've been helping people here that needed physical therapy. It's not much, but... I'm trying to help, anyway." She smiles softly and looks back up at your face, but her expression falls as she sees yours. "What's... what's wrong?"

You frown, and then frown more deeply when you realize that your speakers are designed to make a sound that imitates clearing your throat whenever you think about clearing your throat. "Well, uh... So..." you begin haltingly, "Er... Kalla came to me and asked to let her transfer you to one of her squads - well, "asked" is maybe not the right term, she's our lieutenant after all, so I couldn't really refuse, and they only have one medic for 2 squads..." Your voice trails off as you see the deep disappointment in her eyes.

"I see..." Kai'isha says quietly, frowning and looking away. She tries to smile. "Yes, she is our Lieutenant," she says, forcing a laugh... but then seems to realize how fake it sounds. "I want to go with you again, Dinosawer," she protests, looking back into your eyes. "You're such a kind person... so unlike most of the people here, and I don't even like Kalla. I don't know any of her people very well, I wouldn't fit in, I..." She stops short as you shake your head.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do anything about it. I did try, though," you offer apologetically. "But... squadmates or not, if you're ever in danger, I'm just a shout away. Just wanted you to know that." You give her a smile.

Kai'isha looks away, frowning and biting her lip, and then throws her arms around you suddenly in a hug. Somewhat hesitantly, you return it. You may not be the most likable person around, but the girl seems to have grown fond of you - in addition to liking almost everyone she meets.

Blake
Black--Snow wrote:While Foreigner checks the attackers' pockets, escort the injured woman to the infirmary and have my wrist looked at.
If she's in the mood, talk with her during the walk/in the infirmary
((Your vision didn't at all fit in with your actions. Wasn't sure how to work it in. You can write your flashbacks into your own posts though, you know. That doesn't require my input.))
While Foreigner is digging around in the attacker's pockets, you walk over to the injured woman, who is still crouched behind some of the nearby shrines. "You okay?" you ask, coming up to her and motioning for her to follow. "I'm Blake - Blake Lowe."

She narrows, looking at you uneasily. "I'm Cindrina Milson," she says quietly. "You're from Platoon 56 too?"

You nod. "I am. Want to head to the infirmary?" You turn to start walking in that direction, hoping she'll come along.

Fortunately, she does, limping after you. You offer to help support her, but she shakes her head. "No. I'm fine," she insists, drawing back. "I can handle this. Don't touch me."

You nod again, somewhat awkwardly, and try to make conversation. "So... why are you on the Tartarus?"

She says nothing. The two of you continue walking quietly towards the infirmary without saying a word.

When you're close to the infirmary, Cindrina finally speaks. "I came here to find my sister," she informs you. It seems like it's difficult for her to talk - which would make sense, given that her lips and cheeks are swelling. "She didn't belong here. I wanted to save her... but I came too late."

"So you don't belong here either, then," you venture.

Cindrina glances at you for a moment, and then mutters quietly, "No... but then, I never belonged anywhere anyway."

She's silent for the rest of the trip to the Infirmary. You drop her off there and get your wrist looked at yourself. The doctors seem rather understanding about it and give you a few quick injections into your wrist - very painful injections, it's worth noticing - but your wrist soon stops aching and goes back to normal. That's the power of nanobots, son.

Dak Perkins
Charley_Deallus wrote:Follow Foreigner to the infirmary to make sure I wasn't more injured than I thought, and also to find out what was going on. When given the opportunity or when asked, introduce myself.

"I'm Dak Perkins, a new airman in the platoon. Preferably a rifleman rather than a melee fighter, as you saw. Bit embarrassing earlier in that fight but it has been years since my last brawl and I got a bit excited to help. I saw a fight going on and my platoon being attacked, so I joined in."

After I am done getting patched up and talking to others, go relax for a little bit after all of the excitement from earlier. If invited to go anywhere with the others, hang out for a bit.
Charley_Deallus wrote:"A big guy with corn rows. I think he was new as well. He was pretty beat up so he might still be in the infirmary. Can't remember anyone else who was new."

Walk with Hema to the Infirmary
You stand up, watching Foreigner dig around in people's pockets. It isn't long before a group of guards show up to collect the bodies. One of them actually looks at Foreigner, checking out his face and applying some first-aid medical treatment. Then, she comes over to you. "Injured?" she asks.

You shrug. "Maybe." You don't really hurt that much - or rather, you've endured worse.

She frowns disapprovingly and looks you over herself, scanning you with her medical PDA. "You look mostly fine externally," she tells you, digging in her pouch. "Some bruises... and of course your lip is split. Your sergeant was a lot worse off than you. Hold still." You do so, standing to attention, and the woman sprays some kind of anesthetic over your lips. Immediately after, she takes out her stitch gun, carefully lines up the edges of your lip, and stitches it back together. She follows this up with some kind of silver-white salve. You feel a slight tingling in your skin. "Do not lick your lips," she warns when she's finished, putting away her medical equipment. "You'll regret it. You probably don't need a trip to the infirmary, at least."

With that, the guard leaves. You follow her, Foreigner, and the others out. Then you go look for some other platoonmates you can talk to.

Servius
A New Challenger wrote:Addressing Foreigner, and the others of Squad 56 around me: "I'm Servius, former Praetor of U-235."

Assist Foreigner and the others of 56 in looting the bodies, and making their way to the infirmary. Get my self checked while I'm there, and if no treatment is necessary, help Dinosawer carry the others. If treatment is necessary, listen to any conversations between Squad 56 members while recieving medical.

Afterwards, seek out Rikke in the mess.

(Don't know how serious my injuries were and LOL. Three people are doing similar things, but in contrary manners. GG for Tal.)
(Edit: Cause Rikke)
"I'm Servius, former Praetor of U-235," you say, addressing those around you. Foreigner is already busy looting the bodies, so you start helping him out. He finds a pack of cards, and you find a pocket knife of all things. At first you wonder why the idiot carrying it (the first dude that attacked you) didn't try to stab you, but then you realize that the blade is rusted shut. It's a piece of trash, unless you could fix it somehow. Still, it's an interesting find.

It isn't long before a group of Tartarus guards show up, picking up the bodies and putting them on pop-out stretchers. One of them tends to Foreigner's wounds, and then Dak's. She glances over you as she walks by, too. "You look fine," she says. "Just try not to get yourself into any more fights."

You frown, and shrug. Then you head towards the mess hall.

~~~

"Servius?!"

Rikke walks towards you, looking aghast and somewhat on edge. "Is it really you? Oh my god..." She winces. "Servius, your brother - he -"

You nod solemnly. "I already know."

"I couldn't save him. I was unconscious at the time." The woman shakes her head, biting her lip. She mutters something under her breath about incompetent squad leaders and terrible plans. "They should have protected the newer people like they were supposed to," Rikke growls. She's clearly still upset about it. "I made Mimir pay for killing him, though... sort of..."

"You blew up their ship?" you ask, mildly impressed.

She hesitates. "Well... I killed a few scientists," she offers with an embarrassed half-smile.

Cha0zz
Cha0zz wrote:
Talvieno wrote: She quickly responds, but her response isn't very helpful. "Anomalous Material research is off limits to REKT inmates except in special circumstances." It seems few people like you today.
Well, that sucks. You wonder why they even keep that stuff a secret for us, we're dead anyway. Well thanks anyway CHIARA ((sincere thanks, not a sarcastic thanks)).

Walk towards wherever foreigner is.

(at Foreigner) What the hell happened to you?
Cha0zz wrote:
Walk towards the library and look for a book about the history of synthetic anomalous materials and take it with me if I find one.
Then walk back to the common room and get some stew as dinner, with a cold non-alcoholic beer.
After ordering and receiving my food and drinks, go sit on the platoon table and start eating, while reading the book I brought with me.

((note to tal: I'm not looking for any info that would give me an advantage, knowledge or something else. Some history about the universe would be nice though. If they don't have that book, just make the doc take some science book/magazine that suits his area of interest))
After speaking with Foreigner for a bit, you head towards the Recreation area. You haven't really been there before - it's ... not exactly something someone like you is generally interested in. Ping pong? Arcade games? Such silly trivialities. However, the recreation area does happen to be the one place where you can hopefully find a book... so there you head.

~~~

The library turns out to be closer to the front of the Tartarus than most other things, and you spend a fair amount of time in the lift-shaft, just traveling in that direction. When you do finally arrive and step off the lift, you're greeted by a librarian - and not just any librarian. This librarian has a high-powered assault gauss rifle. "Hello," he says, checking his wrist-computer as he glances at the name on your jumpsuit. "Name... Cha0zz? Right... you're not blacklisted, so you're fine. Welcome to the Tartarus Library." He points a thumb over his shoulder. "Knock yourself out. Remember that anything you remove from the Tartarus Library must be returned within a week or your library privileges will be revoked permanently. And we'll probably kick you out an airlock."

You nod, eyeing the guard cautiously as you walk around him, and wonder why librarians would need assault rifles. So often you forget that you're an inmate on a prison ship... or, rather, you wish you weren't. You're superior to most of the idiots running around here, and it makes little sense for you to get lumped in with them. Fortunately, most of the inmates in the library seem to be more... intellectual individuals.

The library is of decent quality, but nothing like the ones back on your homeworld. It's lacking in most areas - which you suppose makes sense, given it's not that large of a library. There are thousands of books here, but you can only pack so much into such a small space. Eventually, after some searching and having to resort to another armed librarian to show you the way, you find your book: A Brief History of Anomalous Materials. Brief. Right. It's a thick textbook over four hundred pages long... but exactly what you need for some light reading. As you walk out the door, the automated system scans you, your book, and details the information to the logs, and you head back towards the mess hall.

~~~

You sip your beer, deep within the pages of the Brief History. The information here is remarkable. Anomalous Materials were never quite your field of study - biochemistry and demolitions manufacturing was more suited to your style - but you're beginning to see the value of them. There's a whole chapter near the end devoted to the recent synthetic manufacturing of SAM0082, which has a multitude of uses. SAM0082 seems to have some interesting effects on electricity - namely, it's better at detecting smaller electrical currents than it is larger ones. It's mostly used in medicine and to read people's thoughts and emotions - a technology that's taken well over a hundred years to perfect, but still doesn't work well at a distance.

Except on Tartarus, you note. You've noticed that some of the exotic weaponry seems to be quite capable - like what Taniya used in the previous mission. Tartarus must be at the forefront - the cutting edge of Anomalous Materials manufacturing and design.

You realize you and your comrades are probably being used as guinea pigs to test out weapons before they're sold on the market. You feel uneasy about this... mostly for your own sake... but are glad that you aren't using anything that contains anomalous materials.

The next chapter is all about the anomalous materials used in various field manipulators.

Hema
Hema wrote:Hema gets up and heads off to the mess hall for some tea. Once there (After he has gotten the tea, he looks around for new platoon members, and notices Aliss, and so goes over, sits down and greets her.
"Aliss! How are you after the last mission? Are you hurt at all?"
Next, notice Nequebah, and offer a handshake.

"A new face I see. My name is Hema, I'm the leader of squad 2. It's nice to meet you"
"Aliss!" you say, sitting down next to her. "How are you after the last mission? Are you hurt at all?"

She glances sideways at you. "I'm fine," she says shortly. "The blast that knocked you unconscious only bruised me a little."

You nod, and then spin away from her as you notice Nequebah. Fresh meat! You hurry after the woman. "A new face!" you call out as you chase her down. "My name is Hema!"

Francis
DigitalDuck wrote:"Fancy a game of Space H.Q. before the next mission?"

Play.
"Fancy a game of Space HQ before the next mission?" you ask with a smile.

Clara agrees happily, and the two of you head over to a console to play a game against each other.

Fawkes
F4wk35 wrote:I look at her with slight surprise that turns into a smile, "You don't have to be sorry. Things like that happen, especially in a place like Tartarus!" Chuckling, I pat her on the shoulder.
"You might want to take a Break for the moment, I guess. Before you go back into the frey, I mean...Just don't forget that the other Squad-Leaders will be willing to aid you whenever you need them.
Just as there's a Teammate who needs you right now, even if she does say the opposite."

If she looks calmed-down enough, pat her on the shoulder again and give her a smile for a goodbye.
Then go to the Armory and buy a Light-Armor Suit, as well as an
advanced Mekit and an Advanced Repairkit. Also replace the First-Aid-Kit with a Grapple-kit.
You look at Kalla with slight surprise. "You don't have to be sorry," you tell her. "Things like that happen, especially in a place like Tartarus!" You pat her on the shoulder with a chuckle. "You might want to take a break for the moment, I guess - before we go back into the fray, I mean. Just don't forget that the other squad leaders will be willing to aid you whenever you need them... just as there's a teammate that needs you right now, even if she does say the opposite."

She nods, though she looks somewhat confused - as if she's not entirely sure what you mean. You pat her on the shoulder anyway, give her a smile, and walk away, headed for the armory. You have some changes you'd like to make.

Payback-13
BMRX wrote:Payback ponders why squishy beings need to breathe. Sure he understands blood cells and what not... Gross by the way. But why does breathing need to be so... Well... Gross?

Payback shifts his stance.
You ponder the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. Then you wonder why "the universe" doesn't encompass "everything". You shift your stance. Humans are gross.

Triggerhappy
Triggerhappy wrote:
Hema wrote:
Triggerhappy wrote:
"Yes! Something alive! Anything at all! Speaking of, I need roll back that VR sometime. I think I heard some sounds that seemed like an animal of some grand scale waking up, when BFett starting wreaking shit in the metro."
"Okay, why don't you go do that now? I'll handle squad matters. Let me know how it goes."
"Yessir. However, I think now would be a good time for me to get some tea and sleep." Walk away.

Get some Tea, take a moment to relax and drink it, and take a Nap.
After chatting with people, you walk over to the line at the serving window and wait your turn. When your turn finally comes, you lean over to the woman behind the counter and say, "I want to get some tea so I can sleep."

She looks at you for a moment. "Sleep?" she asks quizzically, seeming surprised.

You nod. That's what you said.

She fetches you a quick pot, pouring you a cup, which she soon hands to you. It's cheap plastic, as is the little tray she gives it to you on, but it's nevertheless good tea. You sniff it as you walk back to the table where you were previously sitting - the aroma is amazing. It's been so long since you had tea, you'd almost forgotten how good it smelled.

You sit back down, sipping the delicious liquid - and before you know it, you've drained the entire cup. It was good enough that you consider getting up and getting more... but for some reason, you don't feel like it. Actually... you feel kind of ... tired...

You begin to realize that perhaps she drugged the tea to make you doze off, and you drift into a dreamworld before your head even hits the table.

Mission accomplished.

Everyone:

"All right, listen up!" SCAMPS calls out over the comms, interrupting your activities. "Platoon 56 and 31, head to the briefing rooms. It's time for another mission. You know the drill - get there in time or I'll vent the oxygen from your room while you're asleep."

((To anyone else not mentioned here, consider yourselves summoned. Mission 3 awaits!))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:UPDATE : THE LAST TARTARUS UPDATE BEFORE MISSION 3 BEGINS
((You heard the man, Tartarus Updates are now an endangered species. That makes them extra valuable on the Blackmarket. :ghost: :twisted: ))

Head to the briefing room. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

((now I'm sad for Kai'sha again :( ))
"I think you'll fit in fine. I don't see how anyone can not like you, after all.
And hey, if you don't, no one can force you to stick with them during the mission - Francis never does that either."

(( this is where I'd wink if I still had visible eyes :ghost: how to steal other people's squadmates 101 :mrgreen: ))
debrief call
"Well, seems there's no rest for the weary..."
walk with Kai'isha to the briefing room
Last edited by Dinosawer on Thu May 26, 2016 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now