Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

#708
Materialize out of the crowd surrounding the fight and quickly approach the leader of the gang, Smunt, from behind.

If spotted, attempt a quick attack on Smunt's lower back, specifically kidneys, and continue with plan. Otherwise, continue.

[/u]Attempt to snap his spinal column by thrusting knee into his back and rapidly yanking his shoulders in an arc towards the ground.
IF that works, follow up with a quick stomp to his neck, and attempt to move towards the encircled group, defending/dodging as necessary.

Hopefully remember any hand-to-hand taught in the Legion or Praetorian Guard.

Assist the encircled group if I make it to them.

IF my first attack fails, fall back into a defensive posture, and attempt to drive towards the encircled group if an opening appears. Otherwise, defend myself, while looking for any openings for debilitating, or fatal, strikes.

(Edit 2: Yay Conditionals! Plz no h8 Tal)
Last edited by A New Challenger on Thu May 12, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

#709
Servius
Spoiler:      SHOW
A New Challenger wrote:Materialize out of the crowd surrounding the fight and quickly approach the leader of the gang, Smunt, from behind.

Attempt to snap his spinal column by thrusting knee into his back and rapidly yanking his shoulders in an arc towards the ground.
IF that works, follow up with a quick stomp to his neck, and attempt to move towards the encircled group, defending/dodging as necessary.

Hopefully remember any hand-to-hand taught in the Legion or Praetorian Guard.

Assist the encircled group if I make it to them.
Everyone jumps on you at once and pounds your face in. You squish. Permadeath activated. Game over.

You are dead.



((this is a joke update and not at all real))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

#710
"Not even time to get myself depressed during break", were my thoughts directly after the scene.
As I stand up to grab some clean tissues, I take a good look at those around me to see what they think of it before I get off to catch up with Kalla.

Once i catch up with her, just walk by her side for a while (Don't follow her into the toilet though...same for her quarters, unless she invites me. If she enters there,
just wait a few meters away from the entrance and wait for a while).

If she looks like she's seriously crying, offer her one of the tissues, neatly folded with my expanded robotic hand while I catched up. If she wants to talk, just listen to her. If she looks about to break down or it sems to be the right time, put my normal Hand on her shoulder, saying softly: "Most of us lost someone close...I can see why you want to protect those you see as closest to you now. Let me guess..."
short silence
"The ones who arrived here with you? The ones you went on your first mission?"
Sigh
"After whatever happened before...you've been pitted against all odds for Tartarus. And you had only them to rely upon. I can see that you want to know them safe...but...perhaps you could safe many more...with just a slightly different approach? Those who just got here? I'm sure, some of them made similar experiences as you. Please...don't think I want to tell you what you're supposed to do...
but please...think about it at least. Also...you can depend on the other Squadleaders if you need them."

I then proceed to walk with her for the time, unless she really tells me to get lost. In which case I would just stand there and look after her until she disappears in the crowd/behind a corner
before returning to the Mess Hall where I will sit down next to Aliss.



((I hope I didn't mess up >.<))
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

#711
Give Clara a hug.

"Thanks. I need all the help I can get. And speaking of getting help, I should get myself equipped before we leave again. Want anything from the canteen?"

Head to the armoury to buy a new Afterburner System, and two Cargo Pods. Fetch some Dr Pepper from the canteen plus whatever Clara requested, and head back to her.
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)
Post

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

#712
Go to wander the hallways of Tartarus to get away from the background noise of the mess hall. After a few minutes ask CHIARA for Kalah's location.

Walk there, then poke Kalah to get her attention and offer her the extra credit.
"Here, the newbie credit. The squad wanted you to have it. It was once mine when I was the newest member of Squad One, and now it is yours. Make sure you use it to live so that you may pass it on in the future."
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

#715
((Quick update for Vector just to get Nequebah started))
vector67 wrote:Wander around aimlessly, since I don't know what I'm doing.
Well, you're here... wherever "here" is. You're standing in the center of the Mess Hall with a few other new arrivals. You and everyone else are all wearing your issued orange prison jumpsuits - and yours have a "0056" on each arm. You'd thought you'd be on the Tartarus for life - or at least until it was your turn in line for death row. Then that officer came and offered you the opportunity to join REKT. Better meals, a room of your own, and a chance at survival? How could you refuse?

As SCAMPS finishes his "welcoming" speech, all the other arrivals begin to disperse - somewhat timidly. Squad leaders are already coming over to welcome the new platoon members, but you're standing there all alone, amidst the dozens and dozens of tables. The room is gigantic - definitely enough to seat at least a thousand at a time, and maybe more. On the south side, there's a large window with a line - people are waiting for food. On the eastern side there's a tall doorway, through which you can make out the armory - and to the north, prisoner quarters.

You still don't know what you're doing though, and wander over to the window on the western side of the room to look out. It's dark - just space. It's less glorious than you expected - being aboard a ship in the stars. Tartarus is in warp space, headed... who knows where. At least you get a window here. In your old cramped cell, it was dark, it smelled, and there were no windows anywhere to be seen. Still, looking out the window, you feel somewhat peaceful - you feel determined to do this right. You're sure you'll be able to make new friends, too... if the prices are right.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

#717
DeusVorpal wrote:Go to wander the hallways of Tartarus to get away from the background noise of the mess hall. After a few minutes ask CHIARA for Kalah's location.

Walk there, then poke Kalah to get her attention and offer her the extra credit.
"Here, the newbie credit. The squad wanted you to have it. It was once mine when I was the newest member of Squad One, and now it is yours. Make sure you use it to live so that you may pass it on in the future."
"Erm, thanks." take the credit gratefully so that later on she can buy a much needed equipment piece "It's nice to know that everyone's not out for themselves in the REKT program. I err, well, I appreciate this. Whenever you're in trouble I'll have your back like I hope you'll have mine." smile
"Sorry but I never caught your name. I'm Kalah, but I guess you already knew that. Oh and err, do you happen to have any pointers?" look mildly embarrased "I figure you probably did a few missions already so any tips on surviving would help me."
Image
Post

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

#719
UPDATE FOR TARTARUS

Dr. Cha0zz
Spoiler:      SHOW
Cha0zz wrote:Look, Dr. Bette.
You may not trust me but I don't trust you either.
Why should I tell you anything? What's this information to you anyway? Why are you not supposed to know it?
I could as well tell you everything only to discover that your holopad has no useful data or only quantum-encrypted files.
As for ratting you out. I'm not a rat. I don't betray people, not even idiots ....
But if you want some information from me you'll have to show me that you can give me something in return. If I deem what you can offer me a fair exchange, you'll get all the info I can offer you.

((Also try to use my power to either verify that I'm going to get good information or to see if she's not tricking me -- so to see what will happen if I give the info))
You close your eyes for a moment, trying to will yourself to see into the future. You remember doing it before on the Science Vessel back in Sedirmar - but was it real? Was it just a dream? You don't really know... but this feels like a good opportunity to try.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Your vision blurs. You see yourself telling Dr. Bette everything you know about the Quantum Orb. She listens intently, sitting down, taking notes, and offering you a seat - you accept it cooperatively and continue telling her everything she wants. When she's done, you see her hand you her datapad, giving you full access to the R&D database. As you try to peer closer - to see what you're looking at on the PDA - the vision fogs, fades, and then disappears entirely.
You open your eyes. Dr. Bette is still standing there before you, staring intently as though nothing had ever happened. She brushes her hair behind her ear and waits. You feel somewhat pleased by the results of your vision - if indeed it was a "vision" - and start in with trying to weasel something special out of it yourself. Perhaps you can get even more than she offered - a position on the research team? The ability to custom-design your own free gear? The possibilities are endless.

"You may not trust me," you tell the woman, "but I don't trust you either. Why should I tell you anything? What's this information to you anyway? Why are you not supposed to know it?" You go on, talking for a bit, reasoning about yourself, her, the consequences for telling and what you feel she'd be likely to do.

As you keep talking, she seems to grow more and more irritated with you, until finally she waves her hand at you, seeming to have heard enough. "Forget it," she interrupts, annoyed. "I just wanted some info on the Orb. LAMBDA keeps it hush-hush. Just... go on, I don't need your help. It's too risky anyway." You stand there, uncertain as to whether she's serious, and she angrily makes shooing motions with her hands, as though sweeping you out of the room. "Go! You're in no position to negotiate and I don't want to deal with someone trying to weasel things out of me! I'd love a promotion to LAMBDA but I'm not risking my career for an attempt."

It isn't much longer before you're standing back in the laboratory with the others, near the hologram of the Dark Space Ship.


Foreigner
Spoiler:      SHOW
outlander4 wrote:Look at the enemy with disgust.

"One against five - for a bit, and I'm still standing. You guys are as incompetent as shit. If I had a sword you'd be already dead, all of you."

"Blake, don't just stand there looking cute."

Look at Corn Row. "Thank you for the back-up, mate. Now, steady as we go, let's deal with them."

I might remember some martial art training or some hand-to-hand combat trick from my obligatory Earth Self-Defence forces training - IF I do, use that to gain advantage.

Evade enemy attacks; block them when necessary. Make sure to not get separated from my allies.

Attack - this time from the side, without getting into the midst of the enemy. Target the leader - that Smunt guy. Be calm and calculating, avoid presenting my damaged side to the enemy. Wait for an opening, then attack. Aim for something that'll hurt and likely incapacitate him (crotch, solar plexus, whatever); alternatively (preferably, in fact!) hit his head against one of the FSM's noodles.

IF Smunt is out of action, go for a different enemy.

Help Corn Row and the other guy (Dak? What a weird name!) if they are overwhelmed.

IF all enemies are defeated, check their bodies for goodies, such as credits.


((edited))
Across the way, your four foes talk quietly among themselves as they plan their next move. A fifth lies beneath Dak, easily blocking his wild, useless swings. A sixth - a former member of the crowd - lies dead on the ground by their feet, a pool of blood coming from his busted face. With a damaged brain it's uncertain whether Tartarus will be able to revive him. You make a note not to meet the same fate.

You nod at Corn Row. "Thank you for the backup, mate. Now, steady as we go. Let's deal with them." The man gives a cold, quiet nod, and faces the enemy.

"One against five," you call out loudly over the gathered crowd to get everyone's attention. "One against five for a bit, and I'm still standing. You guys are incompetent as shit. If I had sword you'd already be dead - all of you."

"Oy, brave words for a cow'rd, ya?" Scrawny shouts back at you, thoroughly enraged. His face is streaked with blood. "We di'n't do jack shit ta you, mate! Ain't got no bis'niss bein' 'ere, now do ya? No ya don't, ya filthy bit of spriggin' shilt scumtwad -" His speech devolves into an Industrial dialect, and you stop understanding him, though he rambles on until Smunt stops him.

"Get him," Smunt orders, and everyone rushes in.

Scrawny avoids you entirely, instead going for Corn Row with one of the surviving crowd members. Smunt and his #2, Exervar, rush towards you. You manage to dodge Exervar's swipe, but Smunt's haymaker catches you right in the jaw; you feel a sharp stabbing pain as the bone fractures from the blow. Stumbling back, you massage your cheek while Smunt shakes the kinks out of his wrist, grinning at you while Corn Row shouts in pain - Scrawny and someone else have broken his arm.

"Feels good, right?" Smunt laughs.

But he doesn't know something you do - in the sake of fairness, you've been holding back. You know Tatketsai, one of Old Earth's Evolved Martial Arts. It's not good with most weaponry, but it will give you a solid boost in unarmed combat. You're done holding back at this point. It's time for him to taste your wrath. You set your feet calmly in the traditional Tatketsai stance, one ahead of the other and spaced out - a firm, solid stance with plenty of room for leverage. You motion for him to approach - and he does.

Smunt and Exervar attack again, swinging kicks and throwing jabs, trying to land a solid blow - you move like water, evading their every blow, twisting around them and watching carefully for a proper opening. Exervar seems confounded by your sudden shift in ability and moves to go attack Corn Row, who's managed to throw off his attackers despite only having one working arm. Smunt continues to attack you in a rage after his ally leaves, throwing one punch and then another - and you smile as every one of them falls short. The two of you face each other, panting, and Smunt roars, "FIGHT ME, COWARD!" as he tries to draw you out - to get you to make the first move. But you do nothing. You watch... and wait. As you do, you notice someone new - another member of 56: Servius - he slips out of the crowd and comes up right behind Smunt - but Smunt detects this and leaps away.

Sensing an opening, you leap forwards and catch Smunt with a sharp blow to the throat, grab him by the back of his jumpsuit collar and spin him backwards as you lift him off the ground with a solid kick; he flails wildly and plunges headfirst to the ground, cracks his head soundly on the floor, and lays silent. You turn away from the unconscious man and look back to your allies. Dak is unconscious now - looks like his opponent finally took advantage of his terrible fighting style. Meanwhile, Scrawny is trying to leap onto Servius from behind - you leap forwards to attack the man and easily trip him while he's not expecting it - you maneuver to make him slam his head against the FSM pedestal, and Scrawny stops moving as well - another knockout. Servius shouts in pain as someone else knocks him into Buddha's pedestal across the way.

You lay eyes on the nearest people - two others trying to attack Corn Row - and try attacking Exervar while you can - but Exervar notices you, dodges your punch, and swings lightning-fast kick up to the side of your head, knocking you into one of the FSM's steel noodles with a thunderous crack. The world spins as you stumble away to a safe distance, feeling blood dripping down the side of your head from a huge gash. The world spins; you feel dizzy - you painfully clench your eyes tightly shut and shake your head to clear it. You look back up just in time to see Servius and Blake double-team Exervar, knocking him out with a solid blow to the head that makes Blake shout and grab his wrist.

The last foe - a member of the crowd - looks at the three of you still standing - you, Servius, and Blake - and flees. Dak, beside you, painfully gets back to his feet, looking sick, and as for Corn Row - he's breathing, but not getting up. His right arm is twisted about to the side, and his nose is bleeding. As you look him over, you note the number on his jumpsuit: 0056, and the name across the back: "Airman Lugg D". He didn't do too badly, for a greenhorn.

The crowd about you cheers, laughs, boos, and eventually drifts away, leaving you alone as they exchange betting money. The spectacle is over - they don't really care about the rest. You had better get yourself to a hospital, though, and Lugg D, as well as anyone else that is injured.

Then you remember the girl.


((general knowledge roll success: You know "Tatketsai", one of Old Earth's Evolved Martial Arts. +1 to all unarmed rolls when you don't initiate a fight. (I need to work on general knowledge rules so you can only have a limited number of boosts per character, with the number dependent on your GK. Don't want it to be too many, but don't want it to be too limiting either. GK's primary strength is in giving extra boosts. I may even pre-define a ton of "abilities" you can unlock with general knowledge, depending on your level... but that would be an absolute ton of work, even if the idea itself sounds very cool. We'll see. Depends on if people like the idea. If people do, it may be the start of a major addition to the game.)))

Dinosawer
Spoiler:      SHOW
Dinosawer wrote:"So, certainty of death, small chance of success… What are we waiting for?"
*grins*
"Yes, I accept. I won't let another platoon take the hits if we're better equipped to do it."
listen carefully and cooperate

(( I mean seriously - "We have an important mission and you're the best man for the job" - how could I ever refuse? :lol: ))


If I get escorted back to the rest of the Tartarus after all this:
I'll ask Chiara where Foreigner is hanging out
then thank her when she answers and head for that place.
If he's still fighting:
Try to remember if I know taekwondo (( quick attacks and cool jumpkicks would fit my char :mrgreen: )). If I do, use it in the fight.
Rush in shouting "BOONSAAIII" and parkour-kick someone attacking him.
Then, use FutureVision! ((because I can :ghost: ))
Then proceed to kick, punch and throw the people attacking him and his allies (insofar allowed by multiroll and stuff) using the knowledge I gained to evade and block kicks that were going to hit me or allies.
((let them punch on steel, that's gotta hurt :twisted: ))
Use parkour things where possible, and give preference to keeping the lady safe - Foreigner is better at protecting himself.
(( or he should be at least :ghost: ))
You look out at the room of scientists and grin. "So, let me get this straight. Certainty of death, small chance of success? What are we waiting for? Yes, I accept. I won't let another platoon take the hits if we're better equipped to do it." Seriously, what did they expect to say? How would you turn something like this down?

The Elder Scientist smiles. "Very good, Corporal," he says quietly. "I'll tell you what I can."

He flicks his hand across the surface of the table, tapping several points in a slow, deliberate motion; a hologram of a dead Quantum Orb shines above the table - a metal skeletal framework intended to house the orb itself. "As you know, this is all you and your comrades managed to recover from the first mission. We haven't managed to get it functional again. Even with the scans Squad Leader Hema provided of the operational Mimir specimen, we've fallen woefully short of the target. It seems your squadmate, Corporal Squidhead, cut the piece off just above the base - and we need the base for it to function."

You nod, listening carefully. You think you see where this is going.

"We'll be sending you to another specimen we've located. Your job is simple - get in, retrieve the item, and leave. However - I would like you to personally test this artifact."

"Test?" you ask, not understanding.

Folding his fingers in front of him, the Elder nods. "Test. As you put your hand into the Orb, we will need a squadmate recording scanner data on a PDA - and the scan must be successful, even if you have to make multiple attempts at once. The data will be immediately relayed to SCAMPS, and then to us in LAMBDA."

"Not too hard," you say, shrugging. You expected all this cloak-and-dagger to hide something a lot more ominous.

"We will also need you to get back alive," he adds, watching you intently. "We'd like to examine the effects on you with as little interference as possible."

You nod as you think it over. "Still not too hard. I've done all that before. It sounds pretty easy."

He frowns sharply. "You will not be the first we've sent. You will be the second expedition. The first - led by one of our best Colonels - was utterly destroyed before they'd traveled more than a few kilometers. Their camera feeds died, one by one, in the time span of a minute. We have yet to determine why."

Now
you think you understand.

~~~

After the Elder Scientist says a bit more, Maleck leads you back to the hallway - and finally back to the liftshaft. You begin the descent back to your own deck.


Blake
Spoiler:      SHOW
Black--Snow wrote:Snap back to the real world
Run to the girl, help her stand but get her to a safer area insisting she stay and not fight, for her own good.
Run in and help one of my allies get back into the fight (Tackle one of the enemies pinning an ally)
Continue assisting my allies.
You snap back to the real world as Foreigner yells out his challenge to the four men standing across from him and his new ally - a big black guy with his hair in corn rows. Foreigner shouts for you to get the girl - and as the two teams of combatants close in on each other, you rush out towards the girl. She's walking unsteadily towards the others, like she thinks she's going to fight. You grab her hand. "Come on," you tell her urgently. "I'm a friend - we need to get you out of here."

"I can fight," she spits out. "I'm..." She stops talking for a moment and her eyes grow wide; she shakes her head, trying to clear it. Her face is in terrible condition. "Yeah," she finally gives in. "Yeah, let's go."

You nod, and hurriedly lead her to a safer area, between statues of two Hindu deities. She thanks you, trying to smile, and you hurry back to the others.


When you arrive, Dak is lying unconscious on the ground, and Foreigner is bleeding profusely from a large gash on the side of his head - but two men lay dead or unconscious next to him. Only two men are really putting up much of a fight - and some newcomer from Platoon 56 - Servius - is getting ready to take the bigger of them (Exervar) down. "Grab his arms!" you shout, as you rush back in. This makes Exervar look over in your direction as you madly charge - as he gets ready to meet you with a punch, Servius grabs his arms and wrenches them behind his back, and you land a running, solid punch right in the middle of the man's face, crushing his nose into his skull with a sickening crunch; your wrist collapses with the force of the blow and you leap back with a yelp, holding it tightly. You think you've broken it - but on the plus side, Exervar crumples to the floor, seemingly unconscious. The last enemy flees into the crowd - and the battle is over. You landed the last blow. You swallow, giving a respectful nod to Servius, and say nothing about your wrist. It hurts like hell, but you're not going to complain. You should probably get to the infirmary though, and probably take the girl there to. The others - Dak and Corn Row - are both lying on the ground, and although Dak gets up, Corn Row just stays lying where he is. It looks like his arm is broken.


Charley
Spoiler:      SHOW
Charley_Deallus wrote:Realize that only trying to punch the face is not a smart tactical move, and decide to switch things up.

Switch tactics from a straight up fight to survival brawling. Try to remember fighting techniques that he learned as a mercenary. Low blows, eye-pokes, kidney shots, and all other 'cheap shots' are all included.

A person might have honor in a fight, but mercenary training taught you that your life was more important than rules.

Switch up attacks used against my opponents, starting with the one on the ground. Spread attacks out so that he cannot block one area and be protected.

If/When I render him unable to fight, form up with Foreigner and Corn Row and anyone else on their side and fight off the enemies.

"It has been too long since I was in a fight. I guess I'm more rusty than I thought."
You realize that just trying to punch his face isn't the smartest thing you've ever done, and decide to switch things up a bit.

You start flailing your arms about wildly trying to land a blow anywhere you can while sitting in the guy - kidney shots, eye pokes, anything and everything you can - but your wild flailing is mostly ineffective. The guy laughs at you, easily blocking your blows and taking the ones he can't without much trouble. Because you're trying to hit him so many times, and so fast, you're not really doing any damage at all.

Suddenly someone bowls into you from the side with a strong kick to your head, knocking you off of your opponent and onto your back. He gives you a cruel smile and steps on your chest as you try to get up. You grab his leg and try to roll him off of you, but before you can, the man you were just attacking leans over you, shadowing your face. "Goodnight," he says with a smirk, and gives you a powerful punch to your face that knocks the back of your head into the floor with a resounding smack - and everything grows incredibly hazy. You struggle to focus, but can't really gather the mental capacity to do anything other than staring up at the bright lights above you. You hear sounds echo in your ears - muffled and distant - shouts, screams - the shouts of your platoon mates and those of your enemies - but you're powerless to help. Finally, they start to clear, becoming more real in your mind, as though you'd emerged from underwater. You can move again.

Painfully, holding your head gently, you roll onto one side with a groan and look around. Corn Row is lying unconscious a few feet away from you with a mangled arm, and Foreigner is dripping blood from a gash on the side of his head. The bodies of five men lay around all of you... and you didn't manage to get a single knockout. You got excited. It'd been so long since you had a real fight. You should've perhaps calmed yourself down and rationed your blows, using them where they were needed most... but at least you're all right.

You spit out a mouthful of blood and realize your lip is split up into your face. You'll need stitches on that.


((Note for the future: NEVER say ANY variation of "hit the dude until he's dead", because that immediately plunges you into multiroll territory for the duration of the turn, which is almost always a Very Bad Thing. Also remember: your life is never more important than the rules. ;) ))

Servius
Spoiler:      SHOW
A New Challenger wrote:Materialize out of the crowd surrounding the fight and quickly approach the leader of the gang, Smunt, from behind.

If spotted, attempt a quick attack on Smunt's lower back, specifically kidneys, and continue with plan. Otherwise, continue.

[/u]Attempt to snap his spinal column by thrusting knee into his back and rapidly yanking his shoulders in an arc towards the ground.
IF that works, follow up with a quick stomp to his neck, and attempt to move towards the encircled group, defending/dodging as necessary.

Hopefully remember any hand-to-hand taught in the Legion or Praetorian Guard.

Assist the encircled group if I make it to them.

IF my first attack fails, fall back into a defensive posture, and attempt to drive towards the encircled group if an opening appears. Otherwise, defend myself, while looking for any openings for debilitating, or fatal, strikes.

(Edit 2: Yay Conditionals! Plz no h8 Tal)
As Foreigner shouts his angry challenge to the goons, you drift through the crowd. You've only just realized that this is platoon 56 that's fighting here - your own platoon. You'd previously just been a spectator... but this ... this is more personal.

As the goons rush towards Foreigner and his sturdily-built ally, you drift in, shifting your way through the crowd until you reach the inner edge. Foreigner is dodging blow after blow from one of the men, shifting out of the way of his punches as though they're nothing. His enemy - Smunt - jumps back away from him - watching and waiting. The two men stand there for a moment, and you begin creeping forwards.

"FIGHT ME, YOU COWARD!" Smunt roars. You take advantage of the opportunity and rush forwards with a leap, intending to snap the man's spinal column - but he hears your footsteps and leaps backwards away from you. As it turns out, this is exactly what Foreigner needs - he rushes in and quickly flips the man around in the air, making him crack his head soundly against the solid steel floor. The man crumples aside, unconscious. You feel moderately pleased with yourself, knowing that you had a hand in the knockout, but this feeling soon gives way to surprise as two other men leap towards you from your right. Foreigner rushes to your aid, giving a powerful kick that knocks one of them back into the Flying Spaghetti Monster statue - but the other one slams into you. You trip and fall to the floor, barely managing to struggle to your feet before he's on you again, swinging one punch after another - finally he kicks you in the gut, smacking you (and then the back of your head) against Buddha's statue. You shake your head, blinking, and barely manage to dodge out of the way as the guy tries to finish you off - but you're prepared. You leap behind him and kick him in the back, using his forward momentum to make him smack his head into the pedestal, knocking him out cleanly.

Across the way, Dak and some other big guy are lying unconscious on the floor, and Foreigner is reeling from an attack, blood streaming down his face. You immediately rush to his aid, charging towards his attacker, Exervar. As you rush out, you hear someone at the edge of the crowd yelling out: "Grab his arms!" This distracts Exervar just long enough that you can grab him by the arms, pulling them back behind him. The shouting dude - Blake - rushes in with a powerful punch to the center of the man's face that sends him crumpling to the floor.

And that's the end of it. The battle is over almost as soon as you'd gotten involved. Dak is starting to get to his feet, and there are a total of six dead and unconscious guys strewn about the floor. Blake gives you a grateful nod, and you nod back in respect. You're surprised the guy didn't break his wrist, running in with a swing like that.

As the crowd thins, having lost interest, you begin to wonder what the whole fight was about in the first place.


Fawkes
Spoiler:      SHOW
F4wk35 wrote:"Not even time to get myself depressed during break", were my thoughts directly after the scene.
As I stand up to grab some clean tissues, I take a good look at those around me to see what they think of it before I get off to catch up with Kalla.

Once i catch up with her, just walk by her side for a while (Don't follow her into the toilet though...same for her quarters, unless she invites me. If she enters there,
just wait a few meters away from the entrance and wait for a while).

If she looks like she's seriously crying, offer her one of the tissues, neatly folded with my expanded robotic hand while I catched up. If she wants to talk, just listen to her. If she looks about to break down or it seems to be the right time, put my normal Hand on her shoulder, saying softly: "Most of us lost someone close...I can see why you want to protect those you see as closest to you now. Let me guess..."
short silence
"The ones who arrived here with you? The ones you went on your first mission?"
Sigh
"After whatever happened before...you've been pitted against all odds for Tartarus. And you had only them to rely upon. I can see that you want to know them safe...but...perhaps you could safe many more...with just a slightly different approach? Those who just got here? I'm sure, some of them made similar experiences as you. Please...don't think I want to tell you what you're supposed to do...
but please...think about it at least. Also...you can depend on the other Squadleaders if you need them."

I then proceed to walk with her for the time, unless she really tells me to get lost. In which case I would just stand there and look after her until she disappears in the crowd/behind a corner
before returning to the Mess Hall where I will sit down next to Aliss.


((I hope I didn't mess up >.<))
You groan. Really? Come on now! You were going to try to drink yourself into depression! Don't you get any free time to yourself?

With a sigh, you pick up a few of the napkins that are lying in the center of the table and start moving as quickly as you can to catch up with Kalla. Nobody around you really notices any of this - or if they do, they don't seem to care. Aliss, for her part, doesn't even look in your direction. She's facing the other way.

~~~

After some amount of jogging, you manage to catch up with Kalla, who is idly walking around the low, cramped corridors in the Quarters area. She's not crying - but she is silent. You walk by her side for a while. Several minutes later she glances over in your direction and gives you a sad, gentle smile before she looks away once more, shaking her head.

"Most of us lost someone close..." you say softly, putting your hand on her shoulder. "I can see why you want to protect those you see as closest to you now."

Frowning, she looks at you. Her eyes are wet with moisture, though her cheeks are clean. She says nothing.

You venture a guess. "Was it the ones who arrived here with you? The ones you went with on your first mission?"

"No," she says quietly, the first words she's spoken to you. You can hardly hear her. "Well... yes," she admits reluctantly. "I've lost many people. The ones on my first mission were only some... I lost my husband, my children... I..." Her lips purse up; she turns away and shakes her head. "I don't want to talk about it."

You nod, and the two of you continue walking in silence. Finally, after several minutes have passed, you put forth a suggestion. "Sometimes talking can help."

Kalla frowns and bites her lip. "You're right. I know you're right, I -" She stops short, struggling with what she wants to say. "I... Brecalus and I... We were... close."

Things are beginning to make a little more sense to you now. You'd sensed some degree of closeness between Brecalus and Kalla before - it was visible, but easily mistaken for camaraderie. You're fortunate you're a charismatic person, or she might not have opened up to you. You decide to make the best use of this as you can, and gently grab her hand, your cold robotic fingers against her palm. She slows to a stop and looks into your eyes.

"You've been pitted against all odds here," you begin. "You had only them to rely on. You did all you could to keep them safe... and so did Brecalus. I know you want to make sure you don't lose anyone else close to you. Nobody would want that. But... you remember how Brecalus took Andrew under his wing, to give him more of a fighting chance? You could do the same, and save so many more." You pause, and then finish softly, "Brecalus would be proud."

Her lower lip twitches slightly; she bites it to hold it still, but they twist into a frown, and she throws her arms around your neck, weeping silently. The dam has broken; her tears flow free. You comfort her with a gentle pat upon her back and let her cry.

~~~

When she finally stops, she leans back, wiping her eyes, and whispers gratefully, "Thank you, Fawkes. You're... you're a good man. I think I misjudged you... and I'm sorry." She gives your normal hand a gentle squeeze, and then the two of you continue walking down the hallway together, side by side.



Francis
Spoiler:      SHOW
DigitalDuck wrote:Give Clara a hug.

"Thanks. I need all the help I can get. And speaking of getting help, I should get myself equipped before we leave again. Want anything from the canteen?"

Head to the armoury to buy a new Afterburner System, and two Cargo Pods. Fetch some Dr Pepper from the canteen plus whatever Clara requested, and head back to her.
You give Clara a hug. "Thanks," you tell her. "I need all the help I can get. And - speaking of getting help - I should get myself equipped before we leave again. Want anything from the canteen?"

She shakes her head. "Thank you, but no, not right now."

"You sure?"

After hesitating, Clara says, "Maybe a Dr Pepper?"

You give her a smile and leave to go get your drinks. You don't know whether she actually likes Dr Pepper or she just requested it because she somehow learned it's what you liked, but either way, you're not going to scrutinize it. Some things are best to accept and let be.

~~~

Sometime later, you arrive back with your drinks and hand one to Clara. She accepts it gratefully.


Nequebah
Spoiler:      SHOW
vector67 wrote:Get food, and look for other people who seem to be new to make friends. (Preferably people in my squad, 56)
You go over to the window and get in line. Thankfully, the line is moving at a steady pace, and it isn't long before you get to the window.

"Whaddayawant?" the server lady drawls. She looks rather old - scarred, wrinkled skin, graying hair, sunken eyes. You stare at her for a moment. You're not really sure what you want. You hadn't thought that far. Finally, though, she grunts and just pulls a tray out from under the counter. "Standards," she mutters, and waves you off as she calls out, "Next!"

You take your tray and start walking idly through the busy hall, looking for somewhere to sit - preferably somewhere with other members of Platoon 56. After a while, you find someone sitting at a table. If the name emblazoned across of the back of her jumpsuit is accurate, she goes by Aliss. Sitting down across from her with your food, you begin to look her over. She seems to be about your age, with short-cut, unnaturally bright red hair. She stares at you for a moment as she chews a mouthful of food. "Who are you?" she asks disinterestedly.

"Nequebah. I'm new here," you say bluntly. "Are you?"

She shakes her head, scraping up a pile of mashed potatoes on her plate. "No. I've seen a few missions."

You nod, unsure of what to say, and start looking around at your plate. It looks like you got... some kind of meat... some kind of oily, leafy green vegetables, and something that appears to be akin to bread. It's nothing special, but it's better than what you got in the Tartarus prison cells.

"Made any friends yet?" Aliss asks, seemingly trying to make conversations. Her awkward smile gives the appearance that she's not very good at it, and she knows it, too. At least she's making an attempt.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

#720
((I'm ignoring the last line of my update so that I can make the doc react to the girl dismissing him))
Shrug. Fine, it's your loss.
Walk away, back to the other scientists.
Hey, CHIARA, any idea where they research those anomalous materials? Or some of the other alien tech that we have discovered in our first mission?
Last edited by Cha0zz on Wed May 18, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Image
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron