Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

Tonon
Spoiler:      SHOW
Slymodi wrote:I enter the pistol + knife as my loadout, TE-34 citizens, none, TE-34 Rural area into the VR
Tonon cracks his neck
~Tonon
Your loadout is simple, but effective: A knife and a pistol. After entering the rest of the details, a message pops up on the screen:
Our last update for an approximate TE-34 simulation is two years out of date. Is this okay?
You smile. Of course it's okay - you'll be able to relive the experience perfectly. You confirm your request, and after you do so, the holoscreen fades to nothingness, leaving you in total darkness. Only moments afterwards, a light shines down on a reclining chair to your left - one chair of five lined up on either side of the room. It's fairly obvious what you're meant to do.

Walking over to the chair, you sit down, leaning back and letting the chair hook into your neural implants.

Everything goes dark - everything goes silent. You lose the feeling in your muscles - you are a mind floating in a void.

And then, gradually, everything starts to load: First a large plain, which grows grass in a flicker of light, then houses, buildings, fences, roads - people. You're standing in the middle of a country road - there's a large, open field to your left, and to your right are a series of trailers. A middle-aged woman is reclining lazily in a chair out front under a tree - one of the many pieces of weathered furniture sitting in her yard - and a little animal is sitting at her feet - some sort of pet. The sun is just rising to the east, on your right, over the mountains in the distance, and the road continues winding onwards ahead of you into a forest.

You don't remember this particular area, but it's hard to remember any one locale after you exterminated the entire planetary population.

You look down at your hands. The tech is impressive - you look at the back, the palm - it looks realistic. There are a few places here and there where it doesn't look quite real, but still - this must be cutting edge technology.

This is going to be fun.

Jugjugmleep
Seryth Nortra wrote:Jugjugmleep does a little happy dance in reaction to her commenting on his small size, and then keeps cleaning and tells the woman how/why he got here and what his name is, and then asks the woman her name and how/why she got here.
You do a little happy dance - somewhat muted to keep from scaring her - and then keep cleaning. She seems somewhat taken aback by your abrupt flailing, but soon recovers and continues her work. "Sorry," you apologize, "I don't mean to scare people. It's just hard not to."

She smirks. "Yeah, with a mug like that, I could see where you're coming from."

You give your own equivalent of a sigh. "That's why I'm here, anyway. I escaped from a lab - I was an illegal experiment. Everybody thought I was dangerous, so they cornered me and sent me here to try to dispose of me quietly."

"No offense, little dude, but you look dangerous. You seem pretty agile to me, and those claws look tough."

"They're not." You show her how hard you can squeeze the sponge you're holding - a little water trickles out of it and down your forearm, but apart from that, the sponge doesn't meet its end in a crushing grip of doom as she seems to have expected it to. "My shell is durable, but I'm not too strong. I'm not anything like what they wanted me to be."

"Hrmph. Anybody who'd try to force you to be something you don't want to be isn't anybody you oughta be around." She looks annoyed as she said it - like she's remembering something she doesn't want to think about.

"How did you get here?" you ask her. "What's your name?"

She looks like she's about to say something, but she reconsiders. "Taniya. Taniya Aljahnar," she says, plopping her sponge down in the box behind you. "I don't much want to talk about my past... it's not something I tell people about." You intuitively feel like she might actually want to tell you about her past, but she just feels awkward about it. It hardly matters, in any case - she's picking the sponge from your hand and putting it in the box too. "Your room's done, little bro. I'm going to head on to the next one on the list... You can tag along if you want, I don't mind. If you don't... well, see ya around."

Zorathex
Zorathex wrote:Zorathex Walks to research lab
After SCAMPS finishes talking, all the new recruits around you begin to mill about - but you don't much feel like waiting to see what's going on. While you were in the regular Tartarus prison, you heard about something incredible in the REKT program - the R&D lab. Well - now, finally, you can actually see it for yourself.

Following the signs mounted on the walls, you soon find yourself outside the R&D main entrance - and you let yourself into the lobby. The lobby itself is a huge place, and part of a quad-shaped complex. Looking at a sign, you see the names of the other areas: Development, Manufacturing, Testing and Reception - where you now are. There appears to be a little place over to the side with a receptacle where you could drop slips of paper, perhaps noted with something you'd like to see the R&D department produce... but right now, you're interested in the screens around you. They're showing cam feeds from deep inside the labs - robotic limbs, giant mechanical beings, and a cockpit that transforms into a mech are just a few of the things that intrigue you. There's so much to see here it could take days at the least - but for now, choosing one place should suffice.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

"Korant. Rosh Korant. A pleasure to be working with you, Annalea."
Rosh thinks for a moment.
"Right, I have a plan. Let's fix what we can in this suit until Seinberger comes back - he said he was going on lunch break. If we prove to him that we're capable of getting results, that'll help in future efforts. Once he's back, we'll ask him more about the situation. How does that sound?"
If there are no objections, Rosh resumes his work on the suit's wiring.

Online Now