Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: God Throws Dice (Main Thread)

Yeah, too many amps, think I ought to add prices or do something to some of them. I was never fully happy with it, but always expected I'd have time before I needed to really deal with it.

And no, it's not like blunt weapons in unconventional - plenty of people chose swords there too. It wasn't a no-question choice. This, however... I think we need more exotic non-psi weapons, and exotics in general could probably use a slight nerf before I start the game. Particularly psi amps.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

As was mentioned before somewhere (IIRC...), the whole thing with Team-balancing is better to be done when people know who wants to play what, how many of what are around and so on.

Perhaps if people posted a very veeery rough idea of what they're going to play? Nothing special...only a short note saying "Ima be Exotic/Parcour" or "Hacker/Technician/unconventional" or "Crazy Bouncy-Ball of Exotic doom and Destruction"...would be enough for telling a bit about team-balance, preference and stuff beforehand.

Just saying :?

And in case people like that idea, I'll start with my Guy likely being Hacker/Unconventional/Handiwork :squirrel:
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Talvieno wrote:Yeah, too many amps, think I ought to add prices or do something to some of them. I was never fully happy with it, but always expected I'd have time before I needed to really deal with it.

And no, it's not like blunt weapons in unconventional - plenty of people chose swords there too. It wasn't a no-question choice. This, however... I think we need more exotic non-psi weapons, and exotics in general could probably use a slight nerf before I start the game. Particularly psi amps.
I see where you're coming from, but I don't think amps need a nerf because they're the only option. (
As I see it, they aren't anymore powerful than, say, a plasma rifle or so.
The reason I picked only just amps isn't because they're OP, but because
a) They allow for more creativity, and I like being creative very much
b) They allow for non-combat things (say the mass amp, is not very useful as a weapon, but useful for other things
c) You can't take some amps, it's either early only amps or no amps
d) The non-amp things for exotic are ...not interesting, and insufficient to fill a loadout. I mean we have:
-a gun, that requires energy, that turns your enemies into smaller ones
-a floating gun
-nanobots; cool, but not really a weapon, also needs GK

Other than that:
-The reason why you made amps depend on PSI in the first place was because you wanted people to use exotic without needing energy. This way, people can make more varied exotic character by using amps mostly. Freedom of character creation is cool; you wanted amps to be a valid alternative to the other exotic stuff so we could make psi/conv, psi/unconv, psi/melee, psi/handiwork, psi/hacking, etc etc.
(For that reason, I'm also not really in favour of the reduction of amount of amps you can carry you just did - you set that number so that someone with 2 PSI can have as much stuff as someone with 2 energy on purpose.)
-You had a problem with too many people picking exotic because you feared everyone would have the same character. I point out there's plenty of freedom in exotic. Now you want to take part of that freedom away, to dissuade people from picking exotic. Which was only a problem because that freedom was supposedly not there, but it is.
*insert utterly confused Dino*
(It's possible I'm misunderstanding something here)

On the other hand, I'm totally in favour of expanding the non-amp psi arsenal to make the choice less of a no-brainer (and have for that purpose proposed several things already :) )
F4wk35 wrote: Perhaps if people posted a very veeery rough idea of what they're going to play?
I'm going for exotic combat, going towards PSI/melee+a bit of hacking after the first mission, so I can be a stealthy PSI assassin. :mrgreen:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Rather, Dino, I always found Exotic to be OP. This is simply revisiting those feelings. I was never satisfied, but finally gave in to your persistence because I figured I could just iron it out before it became relevant.

Now it's relevant. Now I'm nerfing. Not much - just a little tweak here and there so that I feel comfortable with how it ties in with the other classes.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now