Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: God Throws Dice

DigitalDuck wrote:
Talvieno wrote:I'll allow it, provided one of the other players wants to take you along with them. :) I had to give it a bit of thought, because I do want this to be a serious (but fun/humorous) RPG, and I can't honestly see your character causing nearly as much chaos as everybody is already going to be facing. However, I do want you to join in if you'd like. I'd be against it if you were overpowered, but you're not. Actually, I think you'll probably make the game more difficult for whoever had you with them... so, to compensate, anyone that volunteers to take you along stands to gain extra performance credits just for that - for keeping an eye on an allied teammate. (Provided they survive, of course. I sincerely hope that ^kö have brains we can scoop up and put in a robotic body in case you get splattered. lol)

Anyway, borderline case, got through because I don't think you could be considered a true player in the sense that everybody else would be. :P
Francis would be happy to take isssss-hh (^kö) n'klß with him. isssss-hh's ellipsoid shape and relatively small size means he makes a great mute for the horn. :mrgreen:
Excellent. Car quand je disait que issss-hh peut communiquer, j'ai oublié de mentionner qu'il communique en français. Or Francis est certainement français :mrgreen:

La trompette est en métal? Cuivre, peut-être? Ça va faire du beau Stoncium!

:wave:

Dinosawer wrote:But but but the mach number is your speed divided by the speed of sound in the medium your travelling through! And space has no sound speed! :ghost:

(Sorry, my inner physicist can be annoying at times :mrgreen: )
I know. :P But it's also roughly 1750 meters per second on earth, if I remember right. Same idea behind using earth units in a universe where earth doesn't exist - people understand it more easily.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Name: Karthus
Personal Information: He was born on a outlier planet. As a child he always wanted to explore the stars. After turning 22 he finally decided to make that dream a reality and pirate a ship. It would have worked except he actually didn't know how to pilot the ship. So, as you can imagine, he got caught.
Personality: As a psychopath he tends to lie and manipulate others, does not care about the safety of others, and doesn't feel remorse or guilt, other than that he's a pretty easy going guy.
Reason your character got REKT: Attempted to steal a ship and fly away.
Stats:
  Energy: 0
  Durability: 0
  Maneuverability: 1
  Hacking Systems: -2
  Computer: 0
  PSI Unit: -1
  Robotics: 0
  Engines: 1
Skills:
  Charisma: 1
  Intuition: -1
  Handiwork: 0
  Conventional Weapons: 1
  Unconventional Weapons: 0
  Exotic: -2
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: 0
Purchases: (remember that you get 5 creds at the start)
1 cred - Mountable Camera
2 creds - Particle Gun
Free - Gauss Rifle
Free - Lasgun
Last edited by Jetison333 on Mon May 25, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scytale wrote: Look, I know people suck. That's the whole point! My question is, are you going to be as horrible as the mob, or are you going to work to be better?

Talvieno wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:But but but the mach number is your speed divided by the speed of sound in the medium your travelling through! And space has no sound speed! :ghost:

(Sorry, my inner physicist can be annoying at times :mrgreen: )
I know. :P But it's also roughly 1750 meters per second on earth, if I remember right. Same idea behind using earth units in a universe where earth doesn't exist - people understand it more easily.
On earth, at sea level pressure, at 15°C, yes. :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Name: Ursula ’Watt’ Schöner

Personal Information: Watt’s world had been turned upside down when she discovered that she was a bioandroid indistinguishable from the real thing, and had been created, along with all her memories, last Thursday in a drug-assissted rush of a mad scientist. Or at least, that’s her side of the story and she’s sticking with it. The official reports note heavy consumption of illegal substances and an inherent mental instability, but are left wondering at the point where a lone human could do so much damage simply out of spite.
Looking at her, Watt is anything but conventionally attractive, and nobody really worried about shacking her together with the male associates. She’s towering at 220 cm, weights enough to discourage anyone from asking for an exact figure, and suffers a permanent case of ’resting bitch face’ (exact quote from the medical records).

Personality: She’s very cautious with types who seem capable of double crossing her (that is, everybody), but is surprisingly cooperative when she’s not in the middle of one of her paranoid episodes (basically never). Nobody has ever seemed to gain her trust yet, and she’s in no hurry changing that fact.

Reason your character got REKT: Extensive damage to property and human lives in a scientific complex and vicinity, and being a constant threat to civilization within a five foot radius.

Stats:
  Energy:
  Durability: +1
  Maneuverability: -2
  Hacking Systems: -2
  Computer: -1
  PSI Unit: +1
  Robotics: +1
  Engines: -1
(+3; -6)

Skills:
  Charisma: -2
  Intuition: +1
  Handiwork: -1
  Conventional Weapons:
  Unconventional Weapons: +2
  Exotic: -1
  General Knowledge: -1
  Auxiliary: -1
(+3; -6)

Purchases:
3 creds – kinetic bumper
2 creds – 1/8 nuke
free – gauss shotgun
free - crowbar

(do excuse me if I screwed something up D:)
panic

Looks great, Mistycica! I notice you have no ranged weapons, which is fine, but I kind of figure that 1/8 kt nuke ought to make up for it... Just make sure you don't get shot up. :P

Welcome to REKT. :)

And Dinosawer - if it bugs you so much, I'll change it. lol

Mission briefing is jusssttt about done. Putting on the last touches.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

BFett wrote:I'll be taking 2 Napalm grenades and 1 Explosive grenade on this mission.
Done.
Dinosawer wrote:Doesn't really bug me, I just feel compelled to point that kind of stuff out :lol:

I want to applaud you on the effort you're putting in this, by the way :thumbup:
Thanks! :) It's fun putting it together. Lot of work, but I think it'll be worth it.

I'm holding off for just a bit while Cornflakes hacks a character together - then we'll have two squads. :) If you guys want to start sorting out who goes in which squad, go right ahead. (or you could leave it to "SCAMPS" and he could be an asshole about it. :P)

Online Now