Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: God Throws Dice

Wondering if I should jump in, got the Witcher to play as well, but I think this is going to be worth it.

Name: Paul "Goatman" Wan
Age: 25 ( At least a few centuries if you count Cryo-Sleep )
Personal Information: Sanity is not really Paul's strong suit, no his strong suit has muscles (taken from an entirely willing subject) mostly because he does not. Tall, lanky, grey, good words to describe Paul they are. As for how he got his name, perhaps it's the Goat Hat, perhaps it's the smell, perhaps it's his tendency to eat things he shouldn't.
Personality: People would call him stupid, but in reality he is just reckless. Going against the flow is his natural reaction to any situation, it is highly doubtful anyone could ever get him to work well in a team. Intelligence tends to walk the fine line between sanity and insanity, and he seems to have picked his side of the line long ago.
Reason your character got REKT: It could have been the, almost, successful panty raid upon a military base. Or the, slightly, modified civilian laser pointer that melted a pilot's face. Or that time he turned a goat into a hat. But no, it was a simple drugs charge, god damned conservatives and their hatred of Ultra-Meth, it's natural (for certain values of natural) and non-harmful (for the user), why do they have to make all the fun things illegal.
Stats:
  Energy: 0
  Durability: 0
  Maneuverability: +1
  Hacking Systems: +1
  Computer: -1
  PSI Unit: -2
  Robotics: 0
  Engines: 0
Skills:
  Charisma: -2
  Intuition: +1
  Handiwork: +1
  Conventional Weapons: +1
  Unconventional Weapons: -1
  Exotic: -2
  General Knowledge: -1
  Auxiliary: 0
Purchases:
Mounted Laser (120s) (2 Cr)
Scout Drones (x3) (1 Cr)
Cargo Pod (1 Cr)

Gauss Rifle (1 round clip) (Free)
Semiauto Pistol (6 round clip) (Free)

Goat Skull Helmet! (Complete with Horns) (1 Cr)

Edited: For maximum rule following.
Last edited by Silverware on Sun May 24, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Heyaa, Silverware!!! Glad you joined! :D Just a few things I want to point out.

1. Stats: The penalty for +3 (energy + maneuverability + hacking) is -6, and you have -3, so you need to subtract 3 more from your stats, OR remove one of the three +1s.
2. Skills: The penalty for +4 (intuition x2 + handiwork + conventional weapons) is -10, and you have -5, so you either need to subtract 5 more OR remove one plus-skill and then subtract one more (for +3 vs -6)
3. Your ship has two free pincer attachments pre-installed. :) No need to purchase another one.

Your horned goat skull helmet will be delivered to you in prime condition before the mission briefing. :) It'll cost you one credit - but that still leaves you with a free credit to spend, if you choose to.

The rest of it looked great! Very amusing. :P

Edit: I'll be posting the first mission sometime later tomorrow, in the third post. After it sits there for a little while, I'll start a new thread and we'll all head over there. This thread is for applications and comments/discussion - the other one will be for game actions, mostly.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Cha0zz wrote:Can I take my lab coat with me :)?
That's considered clothing, right? I'd expect you to already have some on, so yes. :P And it'd be free as it's cloth, and purely cosmetic (to be clear, the Great Goat Helm mildly counts as armor, so it doesn't quite fall into that category). You can wear it over or under your standard-issue spacesuit.
Last edited by Talvieno on Mon May 25, 2015 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:I'll allow it, provided one of the other players wants to take you along with them. :) I had to give it a bit of thought, because I do want this to be a serious (but fun/humorous) RPG, and I can't honestly see your character causing nearly as much chaos as everybody is already going to be facing. However, I do want you to join in if you'd like. I'd be against it if you were overpowered, but you're not. Actually, I think you'll probably make the game more difficult for whoever had you with them... so, to compensate, anyone that volunteers to take you along stands to gain extra performance credits just for that - for keeping an eye on an allied teammate. (Provided they survive, of course. I sincerely hope that ^kö have brains we can scoop up and put in a robotic body in case you get splattered. lol)

Anyway, borderline case, got through because I don't think you could be considered a true player in the sense that everybody else would be. :P
Francis would be happy to take isssss-hh (^kö) n'klß with him. isssss-hh's ellipsoid shape and relatively small size means he makes a great mute for the horn. :mrgreen:
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

Dinosawer wrote:Hmmm, a dark and ominous place. Why can't it ever be a happy place, with tea and biscuits? :mrgreen:

Mistycica was still going to join I think?

(Also, I was just rereading the intro post... How does one go Mach 5 in the vacuum of space? :ghost: )
Yeah, I'll whip it up, save a few minutes for me :)
panic

Dinosawer wrote:Hmmm, a dark and ominous place. Why can't it ever be a happy place, with tea and biscuits? :mrgreen:

Mistycica was still going to join I think?

(Also, I was just rereading the intro post... How does one go Mach 5 in the vacuum of space? :ghost: )
By being awesome. :D

Mach 5 is easier to understand than 2000 mps for most people. :P

Online Now