Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: God Throws Dice (Main Thread)

vector67 wrote:Why is the thread not locked yet? Or at least not showing up as locked for me?
Yeah... that's a long story. I'll try to summarize. It all started with my girlfriend's visit (our first time meeting each other in person). As mentioned in the "things that made you happy" thread, I had a lot of fun with her, and she was exactly who I expected her to be... but it changed some things for me IRL, for better or for worse.

Despite making an initial attempt to work on REKT after she left, I ended up spending most of the past week either dealing with fallout at home from my girlfriend visiting (long story, it's complicated) or looking for a job online (or at least some way to make money). The REKT Patreon funds are great, and I'm really grateful to the people that donate, but it's not exactly enough to justify working on REKT full time when I need to make money some other way. I'm looking at a very narrow window of opportunity to move to be closer to my girlfriend that spans roughly the next six months (another long story, still complicated), so I was hoping to find some method of income sooner rather than later. I still haven't found anything yet. I've tried, though, and I'm still trying. I might end up putting it on hold to do the next REKT update... and I possibly should.

I do feel bad for not getting that update out yet, and the fact that the update schedule has been slipping. Part of that is due to feeling overwhelmed/depressed, if I'm being honest with you guys, though I don't really like talking about that much. I'm dealing with it as best I can though, and will hopefully pull out of the slump soon so I can get back to work on things... but if I do manage to find a job, REKT won't be full time anymore. REKT is fun, but it doesn't really pay the bills... especially not for the amount of time it eats up. On the plus side, I specifically designed the way people pay on Patreon (once per four updates, not monthly) so that just in case anything like this ever happened, you guys wouldn't be losing money on the REKT Patreon without getting anything. If I don't update, nobody pays a dime. I still feel good about that setup.

This is all just the tip of the iceberg, though. My girlfriend's visit set a lot of things in motion that had stalled out for a while, and there won't be any turning back from this point. On the other hand, I dearly love REKT, love doing it for you guys, and loathe the idea of dropping it, so if there's any possibility to continue, I will for as long as possible - and if I at all can, I'll see the campaign through to the end.

Sorry again about the delay, guys, and the fact that the updates have been slipping. I know there's no excusing it with all the time you guys have invested into the game, but I am going to keep it running, one way or another. Things are just a little more complicated for me now than they have been previously.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: REKT: God Throws Dice (Main Thread)

Talvieno wrote:
vector67 wrote:Why is the thread not locked yet? Or at least not showing up as locked for me?
Yeah... that's a long story. I'll try to summarize. It all started with my girlfriend's visit (our first time meeting each other in person). As mentioned in the "things that made you happy" thread, I had a lot of fun with her, and she was exactly who I expected her to be... but it changed some things for me IRL, for better or for worse.

Despite making an initial attempt to work on REKT after she left, I ended up spending most of the past week either dealing with fallout at home from my girlfriend visiting (long story, it's complicated) or looking for a job online (or at least some way to make money). The REKT Patreon funds are great, and I'm really grateful to the people that donate, but it's not exactly enough to justify working on REKT full time when I need to make money some other way. I'm looking at a very narrow window of opportunity to move to be closer to my girlfriend that spans roughly the next six months (another long story, still complicated), so I was hoping to find some method of income sooner rather than later. I still haven't found anything yet. I've tried, though, and I'm still trying. I might end up putting it on hold to do the next REKT update... and I possibly should.

I do feel bad for not getting that update out yet, and the fact that the update schedule has been slipping. Part of that is due to feeling overwhelmed/depressed, if I'm being honest with you guys, though I don't really like talking about that much. I'm dealing with it as best I can though, and will hopefully pull out of the slump soon so I can get back to work on things... but if I do manage to find a job, REKT won't be full time anymore. REKT is fun, but it doesn't really pay the bills... especially not for the amount of time it eats up. On the plus side, I specifically designed the way people pay on Patreon (once per four updates, not monthly) so that just in case anything like this ever happened, you guys wouldn't be losing money on the REKT Patreon without getting anything. If I don't update, nobody pays a dime. I still feel good about that setup.

This is all just the tip of the iceberg, though. My girlfriend's visit set a lot of things in motion that had stalled out for a while, and there won't be any turning back from this point. On the other hand, I dearly love REKT, love doing it for you guys, and loathe the idea of dropping it, so if there's any possibility to continue, I will for as long as possible - and if I at all can, I'll see the campaign through to the end.

Sorry again about the delay, guys, and the fact that the updates have been slipping. I know there's no excusing it with all the time you guys have invested into the game, but I am going to keep it running, one way or another. Things are just a little more complicated for me now than they have been previously.
You really, really should stop worrying so much about REKT and our expectations. It's a great, very fun thing all of us here appreciate you for doing, but your real life issues are overwhelmingly more important than a forum game. No one here is entitled(or feels entitled) to regular updates. Sort out the problems you're having IRL and then you can continue with this - it's not like someone's life depends on it :) .

Online Now