Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: God Throws Dice

Name: "Call me Squidhead for now"

Personal Information: Squidhead has been around for a very long time, and spent most of that time with cybernetic experiments on himself and on others up to the point that he isnt recognisable as human anymore. Instead he looks more like a block of hardware with something that looks like a heavily modified old style brain tank in the middle of it and a couple of tentacles with omniports on their ends.
The tentacles arent exceptionally strong on their own, so he is quite slow and unmaneuverable in gavity, in zero-gee hes not that much faster, but handles himself much better than standard humans.

The main body is a sphere of about one metre of diameter, it is pocked with empty module slots, heavy power sockets and structural connectors where the military grade hardware used to be mounted
the arms are about 150cm long, armthick at the base, and taper down to about 2cm diameter fingers which are arranged in a five pronged star around an omniport in the middle of them.
when standing in base gravity he stands to a bit less than 2 metres, with the respective lower tentacles work as legs, bowed and partially coiled to provide support

with all that augmentations and the accompanying hardware changes in his cybernetic body and his cerebral interface hardware over his lifetime, he forgot quite a lot about his life, such as his initial name, gender, date of birth etc.
questions about that are usually met with defensive behaviour.
though, he forgot more than most people know in their life, and he still remembers a lot of things (especially on how to replace arms with industrial robotic systems)

Through all his work on cybernetics he got quite a profund knowledge about surgery.
He's no replacement for a trained doctor, but he can stitch you together if no alternative is available.

Before he got REKT he had quite extensive military hardware on himself, plate armor, integrated weaponry, military grade hacking tools, the list goes on and on.
His answer to the question of why he had all that hardware on him was "why not?"
(Got a bit of basic weapon knowldege while mounting that stuff)
Equipment got confiscated, which caused a bit of skill loss compared to his "former self" as some of "him" was in his hardware.

linky to imgur album with a few scribbles on the appearance and internal structure

Personality: Silent, tends to stay for himself, gets easily excited when having new "toys" to take apart or install into people. if he gets out of himself, he is quite friendly and enjoys to talk about his toys.
Handles the topic of body modification without much restraint, and sees any regulation of it as unjustified.

Reason your character got REKT: Got caught while installing not approved augmentations in shady individuals.

Stats:
  Energy: 0
  Durability: 0
  Maneuverability: -2
  Hacking Systems: -2
  Computer: +1
  PSI Unit: +1
  Robotics: +1
  Engines: -2
(+3; -6)

Skills:
  Charisma: -2
  Intuition: -1
  Handiwork: +2
  Conventional Weapons: +1
  Unconventional Weapons: -1
  Exotic Weapons: -2
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: 0
(+3; -6)

Purchases:
3 creds – Thruster pack
2 creds - Medkit
free – Lasgun
free - Plasgun
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

If nobody else wants to protest that, then I'll write up the mission thread. :)

Corn and I talked his character over in IRC - he has a few advantages, and also some handicaps so it's fair gameplay-wise. :) Enough for two squads. Not quite full, but I'll balance things out.

I was originally going to set things up like so:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Squad 1:
BFett
Cha0zz
Jetison
Ursula
(I see drama incoming)

Squad 2: NPCs

Squad 3: NPCs

Squad 4:
Dinosawer
Francis (And Bob)
Goatman
Cornflakes
(Bob, Goatman, cornflakes sounds amusing)

Squad 5: NPCs

Squad 6: NPCs
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dinosawer wrote:It's fine by me one way or the other.

Nice to see that it's not just us 9 being sent at the anti-spacecraft tower in unarmored unshielded spacecraft :lol:
Nah, have to have someone to distract the AA guns. ;) You're all on death row, remember. This just finishes the job a little faster - and frees up more space for new inmates! :D And all while helping us discover new technologies! Brilliant! :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:It's fine by me one way or the other.

Nice to see that it's not just us 9 being sent at the anti-spacecraft tower in unarmored unshielded spacecraft :lol:
Nah, have to have someone to distract the AA guns. ;) You're all on death row, remember. This just finishes the job a little faster - and frees up more space for new inmates! :D And all while helping us discover new technologies! Brilliant! :D
> Giving convicted and highly dangerous criminals acces to highly dangerous weapons and possibly incredibly dangerous technology.

> Brilliant!

:ghost:
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Online Now