Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: God Throws Dice (Main Thread)

Okay, locking the thread. Would've done it a couple days ago, but I had an IRL crisis that wasn't actually an IRL crisis - it was kind of based on a misunderstanding and a lack of knowledge on my part. Bit of a long story, but long story short, everything's gonna be fine. Next up, next turn!
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

The main problem is that I've been trying to get in eight solid hours of modeling a day, like it was a job. It'd be one thing if I didn't have distractions, but between jobhunting, stuff at home, and my other duties, by the time I finish eight hours of modeling I may have anywhere from two to five hours of other work done... and at that point I'm usually utterly exhausted and not feeling at all like working on REKT. :|
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I got an actual job soon after I made that last post. :P

At this point it seems pretty clear: I'm simply not going to have time to finish REKT. :( Saying that in an official capacity saddens me, but there's not much I can do about it. It was just too much work for one person to do, unless it was literally all they were doing. :P The text updates were only a small part of it. Most of it was remembering things, rolls, and calculations. Twenty players interacting with each other is many, many times harder to keep up with than the typical RPG's 5x5. I managed it for a year, but when I started needing to focus some attention elsewhere, I simply couldn't keep up with it. :|

If people are interested, I could post up what the rest of the story was going to be like. There were a lot of branches I would've let you guys take, and the official "ending" was up to how you would react to the different choices I gave you, but there were a couple "main" branches I liked more than the rest. I could choose one and let you guys hear how it would turn out, mission by mission. It wouldn't take nearly as much effort, I think. :P It would just be writing - and not nearly as much, either.

I could just repeat what I wrote on IRC, but instead I'll go with something else. :)

I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one who's gonna miss (or already missing) the constant anticipation of how you or someone else is going to kill us. ^^

But you had good reasons for this step, and if it has to be that way, so be it. I'd say this outcome is a lot better than you working yourself to exhaustion for the game.

Also, at this point...the conclusion you offered is pretty much all we could reasonably ask for.

So I say: Yes, if you find the time for it, I'd love to be able to read what would've happened in the future!

Thanks for the time, it was incredibly fun!

John Fletcher, over and out o7
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now