Return to “Scripting & Modding”

Re: Local coop

Along these lines: would it be possible to come up with a single-ship coop mode? As in, nav officer controls scanner and movement, gunners take turrets, engineering takes shields and power and damage control. I ask because it would be pretty neat to set up a space battle with friends, especially if you're running, say, a space-based tabletop rpg and want the space battles to be more visceral than dice rolling.

I know Artemis does this but I've never seen it in action.
Spacecredentials: looks at stars sometimes, cheated at X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, killed a titan once.

fatmop wrote:Along these lines: would it be possible to come up with a single-ship coop mode? As in, nav officer controls scanner and movement, gunners take turrets, engineering takes shields and power and damage control. I ask because it would be pretty neat to set up a space battle with friends, especially if you're running, say, a space-based tabletop rpg and want the space battles to be more visceral than dice rolling.

I know Artemis does this but I've never seen it in action.
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. LT would just have to accept multiple controller inputs, and then allow the user to assign the controller to a screen. From there the player could be given the particular controls for their specific function on the ship. This should be possible to mod into LT, the only limit would be the number of controllers your PC has.

Dinosawer wrote:
Scytale wrote: Is local coop the part of Interstellar before they go out in the spaceship?
I'll put in my agenda to laugh at this in 2 years or so when I've seen that movie ;)
I've been informed by my agenda I have to come and laugh at this joke.
However, as I've yet to see the movie I've postponed it another year :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now