Return to “Scripting & Modding”

Create Icons/Forms straight from code

Hi there!

After inspired from the random icon generation from the dev-videos i thought about how to import icons/graphics into LT.
Creating icons in a paint-program and then importing into the game isn't what i'm looking for.

I want to create specific icons (for example a rocket) directly with LTSL. But playing with the code till i found the right shape will take too long.
So i've looked after an alternative and i found this:

http://www.paintcodeapp.com/ This LOOKS great (didn't try it yet, because i don't know how the demo is limited).

I'm trying to ask: How do you (want to) create icons / forms within LTSL? Is there an alternative for paintcodeapp?
:D
Re: Create Icons/Forms straight from code

Well, shortly after the first post i've found an open source vector drawing program in C# that i wanted to modify to show me the desired code. Image But after the last dev-video i'm not sure that is the right way. Ok, i wanted to start my work in advance, to draw some nice conceptual icons before "the work" on the project starts.
But now i've seen how easy and mighty the test-benches are - it should be easy to create a simple drawing tool to generate the code for everything you draw.

I honestly have no idea if i should try to modify this existing program further or just wait to early-mid 2015. Anyone has a opinion to this?
(Some of the LT code (as seen in the video) could already be inserted).

Another question: Why is Josh programming his icons (as seen in the vids)? Honestly i thought there is a tool for everything ;)
:D

Online Now