Return to “Scripting & Modding”

Re: Mod Ideas

Keon wrote:
(and if we added swords and grappling hooks, then I could recreate some sort of Attack On TItan in SPAACEE gameplay)
I will never look at Carriers the same way again....
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

I will start with LTSL by creating a set of systems of the GEMINI sector (the older folks will recognize the image :D). I think it's a good practice to get familiar with the LTSL syntax and methods.
Image Many aspects of the engine could be modelled in this map. System layout, fractions, stations / colonies, cultural vectors.

Oxford of cause will be a research colony while in New Detroit you will find the most sophisticated engines :lol: . Pentonville will be the home of a powerful pirate fraction.

The system Troy for instance had two mining stations (Hector and Achilles) an agricultural Colony, 5 jump-holes to neighbouring systems as well as some asteroid fields.

I think it will be a lot of fun flying in the Humbold quarant again with the look of LT.
Perhaps we will find a ship algorithm describing the Centrurion?

Cornflakes_91 wrote:I dont think that a niven ring would add much to the game besides the wow effect.

As planets and their surfaces play a pretty secondary role in LT, and a ringworlds main feature is giant planetary surface area
What do you mean with "besides"? As Josh repeatedly points out in his updates, a lot of the game is about the wow effect of the graphics. Nebulas wow, planets wow, etc.

As Hardenberg wrote a Ring would only be a Big Dumb Object, BUT I think these would add to the gameplay as sort of hidden (or random in the case of LT) Quests. Same goes for aforementioned Dyson spheres, black holes, white holes, etc. IMHO.

Also, the Ring is just so vast, that imagination topples over again and again. Seeing such a artifact in the game would awe every adventurer's heart.

...but it would be all the more disheartening that you can't do anything special with it.

It's main feature, a surface on the scale of OMGWTF is way too large for even an entire faction to interact with.

IMO, gameplay >> scenery.

You may even be able to mod one.
It's basic shape is simple and if you put a planetary texture on it...
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Gazz wrote:...but it would be all the more disheartening that you can't do anything special with it.

It's main feature, a surface on the scale of OMGWTF is way too large for even an entire faction to interact with.

IMO, gameplay >> scenery.

You may even be able to mod one.
It's basic shape is simple and if you put a planetary texture on it...
Slap a laser on it. :P
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Gazz wrote:IMO, gameplay >> scenery.
But if you can build it yourself, it doesn't matter. Looks awesome. :D
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Now that everything is written in LTSL, I wonder if there should be a contest for "most complete game without being related to LT in any way". :lol:

For those wondering, someone made a racing game and RPG in StarCraft 2's editor and I'm wondering if someone will try the same with LTSL.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now