Return to “Scripting & Modding”

Re: Mod Ideas

I still wish there was a way to fund LT (like a pre-order) now that I have extra cash, I would do it with no second guesses.

Anyway, I Don't know about total conversions, but just having Star wars/Mass Effect/EVE ships as blueprints you must research to acquire alongside randomly generated ships would be awesome. Then, maybe you could take those researched ships and add onto them, making custom SW/ME/EVE ships!

Always wanted to see having Star destroyers as Cap ships, Normandy's as frigates/cruisers, and an Erebus titan while having an X rebirth looking station, with The mining and trade ships from EVE to form the economic backbone of my faction.

"I still wish there was a way to fund LT (like a pre-order) now that I have extra cash, I would do it with no second guesses."

I supose you could mail Josh a big box of Ramen or something ? :squirrel: :lol:
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

New starship generation code to get rocket-like spacecraft with real fuels. (This is for use with the "realistic physics" game mode and all those "realistic" mods we are going to get, a KSP-like alternative to the Rogue System mod family. :D)
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Etsu wrote:New starship generation code to get rocket-like spacecraft with real fuels. (This is for use with the "realistic physics" game mode and all those "realistic" mods we are going to get, a KSP-like alternative to the Rogue System mod family. :D)
You could just use a microwave thruster and a nuclear reactor.
So much delta V as you can use in the lifetime of the fuel rods ^^

Cornflakes_91 wrote:So much delta V as you can use in the lifetime of the fuel rods ^^
I know that is not directly related with the topic at hand but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what Delta-V is, and a read over Wikipedia didn't help. A change in velocity? To me that's just mumbo-jumbo that doesn't mean anything. It's a bit of a problem because it seams to be of paramount importance in KSP, and I'm failing to see why.

I guess only in Kerbin they could have been put in charge of the space program to someone who has no idea what Delta-V means. :mrgreen:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

I think I get it now. (Again: I think. :mrgreen:)

So, if I have 2000 m/s of Delta-V and I travel at 200 m/s, I still can add 1800 m/s to my velocity. I guess if I reduce my speed I don't lose Delta-V, right? So I still can accelerate 1800 m/s more, but I will not achieve 2000 m/s anymore. However, if I reduce my speed using my thrusters I will lose Delta-V too, is that correct?

I suppose it's too much for me. :cry:

Etsu wrote:I think I get it now. (Again: I think. :mrgreen:)

So, if I have 2000 m/s of Delta-V and I travel at 200 m/s, I still can add 1800 m/s to my velocity. I guess if I reduce my speed I don't lose Delta-V, right? So I still can accelerate 1800 m/s more, but I will not achieve 2000 m/s anymore. However, if I reduce my speed using my thrusters I will lose Delta-V too, is that correct?

I suppose it's too much for me. :cry:
delta V is not your maximum velocity.

its your maximal velocity change.

So if you are at 200m/s and have 2000m/s dV on your ship you could accelerate to 2200m/s.

Or stop to 0, accelerate back to 200 and have 1600 m/s dV left

Max velocity = current velocity +- dV

Are we still gathering ideas here?

I was just rereading Niven's Ringworld. I think that would be a fantastic MOD. It kind of captures the idea behind an infinite procedural universe. All that surface area is just to much for a designer to 'paint' it all. But a generator could easily create a map (apart maybe from some vistas like the Great Oceans and Fist Of God etc.).

I haven't watched the modding-update yet, though. So I don't know if that could be done as a MOD.
Re: Mod preference

Prototype implementation is prototype.

The asteroid stations in the LTP era were big enough to house the carriers josh sent at them and some early (kickstarter time) prototype stations were even bigger.

I dont think that the current 5 minute station algorithm is the end of everything.

(Why does everyone assume that the current [anything] algorithms are the end of everything or even catch the final style of LT?)
Re: Mod preference

Cornflakes_91 wrote:Prototype implementation is prototype.

The asteroid stations in the LTP era were big enough to house the carriers josh sent at them and some early (kickstarter time) prototype stations were even bigger.

I dont think that the current 5 minute station algorithm is the end of everything.

(Why does everyone assume that the current [anything] algorithms are the end of everything or even catch the final style of LT?)
(in this particular case, because it would be very, very easy to multiply a station's size by x times, and it makes little sense not to do so if you were planning on having it a different size when you were done) :P
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now