Return to “Scripting & Modding”

Mod Ideas

Some of us are not good at stuff like programming so we rely on others to do the hard work for us :D . I'm a biology major, so I can disect a frog for you, but when it comes to modding I don't know where to start, so I wanted to start a list for people like me to suggest ideas for modders. I'll throw two suggestions in to start: Mass Effect and Star Wars.
Re: Mod Ideas

If i have to choose something, a procedural campaign generator including lots of humor, drama, chaos and ultimately destruction with possibly also procedural narrative. Because it is totally procedural it can adapt to the players choices, for example if the player does not execute a particular path, or action the procedural campaign generator can generate new plot divergence on the fly in/around the current player's enviroment.

masseffect7 wrote:I'll throw two suggestions in to start: Mass Effect and Star Wars.
Why not start with something small and simple, instead of a few big total conversions? ;-)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Mod in an A.I that calls itself Palpatine. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!
Re: Mod preference

I'm more interested in creating an IRC client, a way to make a screenshot journal and upload it as a blog type thing, and a mod management tool.
Preferably intertwined so people can create an LT profile for themselves with their journal, the mods they use (and rate), and the ability to chat in a multiverse and universe chatroom (or any other of their choosing).
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

masseffect7 wrote: I'm a biology major
Its funny you mention that. My first thought for a mod would be using the ship and station generators to make giant station sized flying space plants that eat ore by sending out little spore pods to mine asteroids.

The Limit Theory Scripting Language Random Plot Generator, or LTSLRPG as no one will call it, sounds amazing.

masseffect7 wrote:Some of us are not good at stuff like programming so we rely on others to do the hard work for us :D .
I know what you mean, masseffect7. :) I'm just grateful there are talented people who enjoy modding and other related stuff. :mrgreen: As our coding warrior is a big fan of Star Wars and has already expressed a desire to live the Star Wars dream your suggestion will probably form a substantial part of LT2. In everything but name, of course. ;)

:think: I'm not sure if Josh has played Mass Effect. :angel:

Edit: I've been told Disney tend to be rather litigious when defending their brand names.

An idea that I am particularly enamored by is turning LT into a God Game, Removing the player from having ships but instead controlling the environment that the AI live in. Where you can make an asteroid field out of nothing, and watch as the AI responds to it. Or perhaps give a chosen AI a blueprint for some amazing technology and watch what happens. Perhaps opening wormholes to different systems or just as easily closing them off, in the middle of an invasion perhaps... LT as a god game offers more potential enjoyment than anything Peter Molyneux could ever create, and I can't imagine it would be THAT difficult to make.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:An idea that I am particularly enamored by is turning LT into a God Game, Removing the player from having ships but instead controlling the environment that the AI live in. Where you can make an asteroid field out of nothing, and watch as the AI responds to it. Or perhaps give a chosen AI a blueprint for some amazing technology and watch what happens. Perhaps opening wormholes to different systems or just as easily closing them off, in the middle of an invasion perhaps... LT as a god game offers more potential enjoyment than anything Peter Molyneux could ever create, and I can't imagine it would be THAT difficult to make.
I second this wholeheartedly. This would be epic.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
Re: Mod preference

Katorone wrote:I'm more interested in creating an IRC client, a way to make a screenshot journal and upload it as a blog type thing, and a mod management tool.
Preferably intertwined so people can create an LT profile for themselves with their journal, the mods they use (and rate), and the ability to chat in a multiverse and universe chatroom (or any other of their choosing).
Something tells me we'll be working together on some similar things. ;)
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Hyperion wrote:An idea that I am particularly enamored by is turning LT into a God Game, Removing the player from having ships but instead controlling the environment that the AI live in. Where you can make an asteroid field out of nothing, and watch as the AI responds to it. Or perhaps give a chosen AI a blueprint for some amazing technology and watch what happens. Perhaps opening wormholes to different systems or just as easily closing them off, in the middle of an invasion perhaps... LT as a god game offers more potential enjoyment than anything Peter Molyneux could ever create, and I can't imagine it would be THAT difficult to make.
So, you want access to the developers console? :P

Great idea!
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Online Now