Return to “Scripting & Modding”

Documentation

Hey everyone,
I think that it is a very good idea to have documentation for the LTSL as it may help many of our newer player who want to mod when this games comes out, this shouldn't be done now (get back to work you! :evil: ) but I think that it may be a good discussion for us to have as to which service we would prefer or just to have a guide on the forums or something

~Sly
IVE BEEN OUT OF MY MIND A LONG TIME
Re: Documentation

Slymodi wrote:Hey everyone,
I think that it is a very good idea to have documentation for the LTSL as it may help many of our newer player who want to mod when this games comes out, this shouldn't be done now (get back to work you! :evil: ) but I think that it may be a good discussion for us to have as to which service we would prefer or just to have a guide on the forums or something

~Sly
I wouldn't mind a reference guide. (A user's guide would also be nice, but maybe that's something an intrepid user should write, rather than Josh.)

I do recall that Josh has described his design as intended to be somewhat self-documenting, though. I'd like to see how that fits into any needs to produce LTSL documentation.
Re: Documentation

Besides documentation I hope we also get some tools to gauge the efficiency of code. An LT game can last weeks, so any mods that are used need to be optimized. Sloppy coding can have a detrimental affect when you're talking about the scope of LT's universe.

An important part of this is getting to know the way LT interprets the LTSL. I'm thinking about a programmer who knows assembly and the way their compiler works, and because of this can make programs that use the computer's resources more efficiently.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now