Administrator Red
Total votes: 9 (35%)
Violet
Total votes: 6 (23%)
Gold
Total votes: 11 (42%)
Total votes: 26
Re: Tal's name color MK II

I think the gold is a good choice. Who says a team is restricted to a single color?

I also find it really helpful to be able to quickly spot posts specifically from Josh when he's the only one in red.

None of this is to undervalue the job you're doing, Tal, or to suggest in any way that you're not "official."

It's more like, "there's only one Josh."

That said, on the list of things I could nerdrage about either way, this is not near the top.

DigitalDuck wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I also find it really helpful to be able to quickly spot posts specifically from Josh when he's the only one in red.
But he's not the only one in red.
But Francois Jolin isnt around often, and deserves the instant recognition
and Autojosh doesnt do anything :3
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Red was always the official LT "Team" color. It was just that Josh was always the only one that posted much, so people got used to Red = Josh. Note, though, that this only applies to people that frequent the forum... which, in this particular use case, aren't the ones with whom the color makes the most difference.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".
...dangit. I love this new gold color, but in light of this post, you should probably go red. :| Voting for that.

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".
...dangit. I love this new gold color, but in light of this post, you should probably go red. :| Voting for that.

--IronDuke
I've always been voting for red since seafoam green. :D
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

^Red all the way
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:

^Red all the way
Yeah, that was a really good statement on why to use red...but you gotta admit this one too:
Silverware wrote: I really like the yellow. :D
It means I don't mistake you for Josh, and it doesn't clash with the rest of the colors.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Whereas this one is just ridiculous. ;)
Silverware wrote: You could just be Green again. :V
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote: Yeah, that was a really good statement on why to use red...but you gotta admit this one too:
It means I don't mistake you for Josh, and it doesn't clash with the rest of the colors.
I don't, cause I can read (I mean, following that logic every forum member needs their own colour) and think the yellow clashes horribly with the rest :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
JanB1 wrote: Yeah, that was a really good statement on why to use red...but you gotta admit this one too:
I don't, cause I can read (I mean, following that logic every forum member needs their own colour) and think the yellow clashes horribly with the rest :ghost:
Okay, gotta give you this one.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

HowSerendipitous wrote:Ahhh, but if you have pink newbies will see your post and think 'Who is that feisty young scamp with that finely coloured name? He really stands out, he must have lots of important things to say!'

Probably. :twisted:

OOOR they think you're fabulous
Nothing to see here

Online Now