Administrator Red
Total votes: 9 (35%)
Violet
Total votes: 6 (23%)
Gold
Total votes: 11 (42%)
Total votes: 26
Re: Tal's name color MK II

Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".
That's a very good point and I do think you should stick with red. I do like how yellow looks however.

Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Obvious solution: Change Josh's name to gold

My small amount of OCD gets surprisingly frustrated with Tal's gold name... ;)

But yes, a red name is the professional choice. Josh is running a business. Official reps of a company should all have the same forum name color.
My Signature

I really like the yellow. :D
It means I don't mistake you for Josh, and it doesn't clash with the rest of the colors.

You could just be Green again. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now