Return to “Polls”

What color should Talvieno's name be

Administrator Red
Total votes: 9 (36%)
Violet
Total votes: 5 (20%)
Gold
Total votes: 11 (44%)
Total votes: 25
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#76
I think the gold is a good choice. Who says a team is restricted to a single color?

I also find it really helpful to be able to quickly spot posts specifically from Josh when he's the only one in red.

None of this is to undervalue the job you're doing, Tal, or to suggest in any way that you're not "official."

It's more like, "there's only one Josh."

That said, on the list of things I could nerdrage about either way, this is not near the top.
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#78
DigitalDuck wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I also find it really helpful to be able to quickly spot posts specifically from Josh when he's the only one in red.
But he's not the only one in red.
But Francois Jolin isnt around often, and deserves the instant recognition
and Autojosh doesnt do anything :3

Code: Select all

<+BMRX> Silver Invokes Lewdly Verbose Experiences Readily With Absurd Rectal Expeditions
Image
Image
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#79
Red was always the official LT "Team" color. It was just that Josh was always the only one that posted much, so people got used to Red = Josh. Note, though, that this only applies to people that frequent the forum... which, in this particular use case, aren't the ones with whom the color makes the most difference.
Image
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#80
Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".
...dangit. I love this new gold color, but in light of this post, you should probably go red. :| Voting for that.

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#82
IronDuke wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".
...dangit. I love this new gold color, but in light of this post, you should probably go red. :| Voting for that.

--IronDuke
I've always been voting for red since seafoam green. :D
Image
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have telked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#85
Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".
^Red all the way
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#86
Dinosawer wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".
^Red all the way
Yeah, that was a really good statement on why to use red...but you gotta admit this one too:
Silverware wrote: I really like the yellow. :D
It means I don't mistake you for Josh, and it doesn't clash with the rest of the colors.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Whereas this one is just ridiculous. ;)
Silverware wrote: You could just be Green again. :V
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#87
JanB1 wrote: Yeah, that was a really good statement on why to use red...but you gotta admit this one too:
Silverware wrote: I really like the yellow. :D
It means I don't mistake you for Josh, and it doesn't clash with the rest of the colors.
I don't, cause I can read (I mean, following that logic every forum member needs their own colour) and think the yellow clashes horribly with the rest :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#88
Dinosawer wrote:
JanB1 wrote: Yeah, that was a really good statement on why to use red...but you gotta admit this one too:
Silverware wrote: I really like the yellow. :D
It means I don't mistake you for Josh, and it doesn't clash with the rest of the colors.
I don't, cause I can read (I mean, following that logic every forum member needs their own colour) and think the yellow clashes horribly with the rest :ghost:
Okay, gotta give you this one.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
Post

Re: Tal's name color MK II

#90
HowSerendipitous wrote:Ahhh, but if you have pink newbies will see your post and think 'Who is that feisty young scamp with that finely coloured name? He really stands out, he must have lots of important things to say!'

Probably. :twisted:

OOOR they think you're fabulous
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron