Tal's name color MK II

Want to reach a consensus? There's no better way than a poll!

What color should Talvieno's name be

Administrator Red
33%
Violet
21%
Gold
46%

Total votes : 24

Re: Tal's name color MK II

Postby Talvieno » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:13 am

well, we already decided against violet. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby Vartul » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:15 am

The only thing that can save this thread now is immediate merging with the 'Banned' thread.
Vartul
Captain

Postby Cody » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 am

Hmm...
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous! Got me?
Cody
Commander

Postby Talvieno » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:17 am

:lol:
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby Detritus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

Talvieno wrote:well, we already decided against violet. :)

I am left with but one choice...
Detritus
Rear Admiral

Postby Scytale » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

Gold is excellent, let's stick with it
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby Detritus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:23 am

Scytale wrote:Gold is excellent, let's stick with it~

FTFY. ;)
Detritus
Rear Admiral

Postby Scytale » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 am

Detritus wrote:
Scytale wrote:Gold is excellent, let's stick with it~

FTFY. ;)

Uhhhhhh
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby Graf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:18 am

I think we should just have Tal's name automatically switch colors every 2 days. That way we don't have to keep doing it manualy. :)
Libertas per Technica
Graf
Commander

Postby Talvieno » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 am

Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby BFett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Bottom line: Red makes it obvious I'm part of Josh's team. All gold does is make me a different color than everybody else. I think the utilitarian aspect is by far more important than whether my name "looks nice".

That's a very good point and I do think you should stick with red. I do like how yellow looks however.
BFett
Vice Admiral

Postby Scytale » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Talvieno wrote:Actually, I'm fairly sure I'm going to switch it back to red after today and keep it there. I've already been contacted by two people due to the red name color that wouldn't have contacted me otherwise, and was able to take care of their stuff for them (one of them for press-related things). If I'd been gold, they would've tried to contact Josh instead, and Josh is notorious for not reading his PMs.

Obvious solution: Change Josh's name to gold
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby Zanteogo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

My small amount of OCD gets surprisingly frustrated with Tal's gold name... ;)

But yes, a red name is the professional choice. Josh is running a business. Official reps of a company should all have the same forum name color.
My Signature
Zanteogo
Rear Admiral

Postby Silverware » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 pm

I really like the yellow. :D
It means I don't mistake you for Josh, and it doesn't clash with the rest of the colors.

You could just be Green again. :V
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Silverware wrote:I really like the yellow. :D
It means I don't mistake you for Josh, and it doesn't clash with the rest of the colors.

Yeah, my point too. It does stick out, tho.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
JanB1
Rear Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Polls