Gary Johnson
Total votes: 2 (8%)
Jill Stein
Total votes: 1 (4%)
Total votes: 25
Re: VOTE

Why is it that so many people are assuming that the end is near? :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

DigitalDuck wrote:
Mordakai wrote:It also allows people to vote for the leaders they actually want without fear of a wasted vote when someone else is likely to win, but whatever.
The only wasted vote is not voting.
Then let's rephrase it as "vote which does not contribute to a result you wish, and may actually act against your interests"

Mordakai wrote:Then let's rephrase it as "vote which does not contribute to a result you wish, and may actually act against your interests"
That's tactical voting, yes. Voting for a candidate you don't want to win does not contribute to the result you want, and acts against your interests by encouraging future candidates to be more like the candidate you voted for.

Voting for the candidate you actually want, even if they have no chance of winning, is better in that respect, because it has exactly the same effect on who wins as not voting at all does, but signals to future candidates that they could win your vote by being more like the candidate you voted for (or not like any of the candidates if you null voted).
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

IronDuke wrote: No, seriously, why?

--IronDuke
Because the general public thinks Trump is a loose canon and that he'll explode if provoked. Honestly though, I think we would be near the end times in the US if Hillary's open boarders were to come into effect and terrorists flooded the US. I for one am done hearing that our law enforcement and off duty military personnel being killed by terrorists. I believe these events will occur less frequently after Trump is in the White House for a year or so.

Online Now