Return to “Polls”

What has you most excited to play Limit Theory?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:41 pm You may select up to 3 options

The AI, or the way the universe feels alive
Total votes: 28 (19%)
The modding potential/LTSL
Total votes: 13 (9%)
The beautiful, atmospheric graphics
Total votes: 13 (9%)
The exploration potential
Total votes: 7 (5%)
The procedural history/the way the universe evolves
Total votes: 16 (11%)
The sandbox gameplay
Total votes: 10 (7%)
Fleets
Total votes: 4 (3%)
Building and research
Total votes: 10 (7%)
Colonies and planets (and potentially civilian ships)
The factions, and everything else that goes with them
The market/trade mechanics
Total votes: 5 (3%)
The information mechanics
Total votes: 1 (1%)
The combat gameplay
Total votes: 2 (1%)
The mission system
The UI
The fact that it's a space game
Total votes: 5 (3%)
Pirates, pirating, and illegal activity
Total votes: 2 (1%)
I'm here for the community
Total votes: 9 (6%)
I'm not excited to play Limit Theory
Total votes: 3 (2%)
Total votes: 144

Re: Are you excited to play LT?

Pretty much the only things i'm not really excited for is combat and fleets... but I've never cared for fighting games anyways. I'm either a one-man genocide or no violence whatsoever kinda guy.
Image The traditional view of robotics, the metal servant who doesn't ask questions, is merely nostalgia for slavery.
User: JoshParnell is accountable for this user's actions.

I am interested in how the AI acts in response to being attacked. Mostly, how it will attack my income, or assets in response to my aggression to it. I would actually like to be surprised and somewhat angered that an AI I attacked found a weakness in my organization and decided to act on it.

Of course, if this were to happen I'd likely be very interested in fleet gameplay, as I'd likely send a few ships to retaliate if possible. If it isn't possible, then I'd be impressed, and would work on correcting the issue from occurring again.

So, I guess this does tie into information mechanics / warfare as well as fleet building / trade and how the market works.

I have "The modding potential/LTSL" because that appeals to me a lot (programming \o/ ) and "The beautiful, atmospheric graphics" because that's what lured me to LT in the first place. And "I'm here for the community" because that's why I'm still here. I'm not a very forum-y person, normally. :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

FormalMoss wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I'm lumping "exploration" in with "sandbox."
Heya Flat, you can choose 3 :)
Sure, but then I wouldn't have been able to pick one of "AI - living universe" or "LTSL".

Not an option. :)

I'll stick with "sandbox" implying lots of opportunity for exploring the many systems (physical and abstract) of the game world.

I need more like 8 options. I'm excited for a lot of reasons, but most especially the AI (I include factions in that though, because they make the game world 'live') and the building/research as well as the sandbox, which I don't think is something to be excited about but rather a necessity.

FormalMoss wrote:Actually as part of the LTFC I think I've come up with some very cool lore as a possible mod.

I was trying to do a picture, but I'm having some difficulty trying to get Unity/ UE4/ sketchup to work with my vision!
(I probably sound like a drama queen, but if I can't have it my way.. I'm gonna cry!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPqaG8sVDE
No crying allowed, FormalMoss, unless tears are part of the creative process. ;) :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
FormalMoss wrote:Actually as part of the LTFC I think I've come up with some very cool lore as a possible mod.

I was trying to do a picture, but I'm having some difficulty trying to get Unity/ UE4/ sketchup to work with my vision!
(I probably sound like a drama queen, but if I can't have it my way.. I'm gonna cry!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPqaG8sVDE
No crying allowed, FormalMoss, unless tears are part of the creative process. ;) :angel:
LOL
:D

Tears of Joy, Sir Victor..
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Online Now