Total votes: 31 (14%)
Star Wars
Total votes: 34 (15%)
Stargate
Total votes: 30 (13%)
Toilet Paper
Total votes: 13 (6%)
Total votes: 228
Re: How would you rank these space sci-fi franchises?

Victor Tombs wrote:
Lum wrote:I meant the original, legally aquired, made of paper... things :mrgreen:
I know you did because you're a good boy too. :) I tend to listen to the audio versions nowadays, Lum, as it allows me to do other things while I'm listening. :angel:
I made it through the end of Children of Dune, Victor, I'm looking forward to continuing the saga. Slowly, savouring it much like a fine wine.

Victor Tombs wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Is Dune available to read online anywhere? Out of curiosity... :) I'd prefer a physical book, but lacking that, well...
They are all under strict copyright, Nathan, so I'm not sure. And it's not the case that you will want to stop after the original Dune novel as the sequels are well worth reading. You're probably aware I love them all, the originals and the newer submissions. It's a lot of reading if you find them interesting, my friend. :angel:
Ah well, I was hopeful. :P I have vague memories of reading the first book as a child, and my dad adored the movie (despite also saying it was nothing compared to the book), so I saw that too. Of course, I was younger than 10 at the time and hardly understood a lot of what was going on... so I was interested to pick it back up and reread from the beginning - but I no longer have the books to do so. I'm sure I'll get my hands on them eventually. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Scytale wrote:I made it through the end of Children of Dune, Victor, I'm looking forward to continuing the saga. Slowly, savouring it much like a fine wine.
I'm really pleased that you're managing to find some time, Scytale, considering how busy you've been lately. Savouring each book like a fine wine is just the way they should be read. :thumbup: :D
Talvieno wrote:Ah well, I was hopeful. I have vague memories of reading the first book as a child, and my dad adored the movie (despite also saying it was nothing compared to the book), so I saw that too. Of course, I was younger than 10 at the time and hardly understood a lot of what was going on... so I was interested to pick it back up and reread from the beginning - but I no longer have the books to do so. I'm sure I'll get my hands on them eventually.
Well it seems that Dinosawer can help you, Nathan. :D He's a reliable sort, don't you think? ;) :angel:

With the "nothing will ever beat..."-thing start all fan discussions. IMHO, every franchise has pros and cons and shouldn't be compared with others. Everything comes to personal tastes and from that point of view also everything is debatable. You like B5 the most? Shiny! So should it be. B5 is fantastic and I already talked about it above. Why the station better than others (especially whatever)? Personal taste. ;)
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Online Now