Gold and white
Total votes: 22 (27%)
Well-lit
Total votes: 22 (27%)
Cast in shadow
Total votes: 12 (15%)
Total votes: 81
Re: The Dress is OBVIOUSLY...

It always seemed weird to me that people would see white or black in this photo until today. On tv and surfing (and right now) it looks light blue and brown with maybe some gold flecks. Earlier I had been inversing the screen and I only saw white and gold (for the first time, and I can't get that back). But the triple picture showing off the white balance (and whatever the heck that camera is doing to the darker color) is really telling. The fact that the dress actually has stripes that are black without a hint of brown got me.

The hilarious thing for me was having the picture paused on the tv, and I was trying to ask my wife where the white was and she said, "yeah, maybe some light blue light is on there, but how someone could actually call that dress blue is beyond me...just not paying attention, they don't know what blue light on things looks like in the store, the lights can get weird in there..." I just stared at her! This is a woman that does color for a living and she can't see the blue? She's tetrachromatic and thinks it's a white dress in blue light?? Of course we both got the multiple colors when they started showing the multiple side-by-side photos.

Online Now