Return to “Polls”

Do you like the green health bar displayed in RTB #1? (comment below as to why)

Yes, keep it in
Total votes: 49 (74%)
Yes, but something needs changed
Total votes: 13 (20%)
No, but just change it a little
Total votes: 3 (5%)
No, get rid of it
Total votes: 1 (2%)
Total votes: 66
Re: Green Health Bar: Keep or Toss?

Well, of course it's customizable, Grumblesaur. :P But I think that that shouldn't be an excuse for not making the HUD a bit polished right from the get-go. If everyone who ever plays it has to re-order their HUD, and most of them are doing it the same way, why not just fix the problem before release so the players don't have to mess with it? It's like packaging a game with a "some assembly required" label on the side.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

It's fine to me as it is, BUT I like the idea of balancing it on the other side with some other piece of dynamic ship information.

What should that be? Other than general structural health, what one other thing do you want to be able to quickly ascertain about your ship? Fuel remaining?

Or are there maybe a number of things that depend on context? Cargo space for a mining-specific HUD; distance from home for exploration; weapon efficiency or missiles remaining in combat mode; money in the bank (on some scale) for trading; and on on.

Talvieno wrote:Well, of course it's customizable, Grumblesaur. :P But I think that that shouldn't be an excuse for not making the HUD a bit polished right from the get-go. If everyone who ever plays it has to re-order their HUD, and most of them are doing it the same way, why not just fix the problem before release so the players don't have to mess with it? It's like packaging a game with a "some assembly required" label on the side.
I don't consider it so different from fiddling around in the options page to get things running optimally for my computer's equipment.

I mean, compared to piecing together a Lego kit or writing a script, mod, or plugin for a game, clicking and dragging some boxes around to rearrange some widgets is pleasantly trivial.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Mistycica wrote:I like it as it as, but could do with a bit of tweaking, as everything. (but not now :V)

Many mistakenly consider the only solution for a harmonious color scheme to make it monochromatic; I think you can safely mix up an array of colors and still keep things looking very decent and much easier on the eye.
I agree, monochromatic would make it less intuitive to extract certain information by just glancing at the screen.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Online Now