LT Soundtrack

Want to reach a consensus? There's no better way than a poll!

What do YOU want the soundtrack of LT to be like?

I want more of what Josh has on Soundcloud!
22%
What is Soundcloud?!?! I just want cool spacey sounding stuff.
4%
I want the soundtrack to be similar to a particular game. (Name it in the thread!)
3%
I want my space opera to be played with an opera in the background.
5%
I want singing monks! And their bowls too! (If we use longplayer [ http://longplayer.org/ ] then we don't even have to worry about running out of music!)
5%
I want to have an option to make my own soundtrack by importing playlists into a music player in game.
10%
I want some good old Classic Rock while I'm mining.
6%
I want some kickass Alternative Music when I am weighing my options.
3%
I want some Ambient Music. (404, Pun not found.)
17%
I want some American Country music, so I can fly around in space like a cowboy.
2%
I honestly don't care. I'm going to have my I-Pod plugged in to listen to. There aren't any sounds in space anyway.
1%
Power Ballads, while I get blown up in slow motion.
5%
I want some Blues, so I can be like Voyager 1.
3%
Jazz, so I can make my fleets do Jazz hands in formation.
3%
Soul music, so I can get on the spacey soul trains and be soulfull.
3%
I want some other kinds of music, ones that are important to me, but obviously not to you, as they are not listed in the poll. (Just a heads up, this is by no means a list of my favorite types of music. I just wrote whatever popped into my head. Leave your answers in the comments!)
8%

Total votes : 150

Re: LT Soundtrack

Postby Scytale » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:33 am

I think we have two tracks from Francois? And about three or four from Josh. It's not exactly a universe-spanning sample space.

No offence to Josh, but to me Francois is the more meaningful (inasmuch as ambient music can be meaningful) and acoustically diverse. Josh has good tunes, but I think the real skill is with Francois. But of course YMMV
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby Graf » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:02 pm

I got more out of Josh's music personally. Francios was cool, but... I don't know, the vibe just wasn't as good imho. Either way, I am going out on a limb and am going to assume some from both are going to be included.

I kind of hope to see ("What are you, a synesthete?" You know what I mean. ;) ) something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ih1aKeETk

Why there is an entire album on youtube? :eh: I don't know, but I am going to purchase that album, as it is nice and relaxing for calc homework.

Maybe Francios has better stuff for the soundtrack, but some calming ambient music for mining, which kicks into some awesome sounding electronic orchestral-ness when you get attacked by pirates would be cool. I just hope there is enough music to hold it together for the long haul.
Libertas per Technica
Graf
Commander

Postby BFett » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:19 am

Orchestral music similar to Juggernaut and Praetorian Guards would be nice.
BFett
Vice Admiral

Postby marsmyra » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:52 pm

I think drone ambient like this one from Elysium facade would make, at least certain areas of the universe really intense...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0E2Pn0orZU
marsmyra
Ensign

Postby cuisinart8 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:54 pm

Orchestral music would be good. Also, one of my favorite space game soundtracks is probably I-War 2's soundtrack. It had a mix of orchestral and electronic styles that I really liked.
cuisinart8
Commander

Postby BFett » Sat May 02, 2015 12:52 am

I would love to see some fan made Limit Theory music come to light. Does anyone here compose music?

I may even try to make something with the FRACT OSC game's music lab.
BFett
Vice Admiral

Postby Dinosawer » Sat May 02, 2015 2:58 am

BFett wrote:I would love to see some fan made Limit Theory music come to light. Does anyone here compose music?

I may even try to make something with the FRACT OSC game's music lab.

I do, but not right now. I also wonder what music would take to be "LT music", since we haven't heard the soundtrack yet :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Dinosawer
Admiral

Postby Flatfingers » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Interesting -- I see that Francois Jolin, the Music Lead for Limit Theory, visited the forums today.

Meaning? I know of none, sir, save that which he himself doth know.
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral

Postby Victor Tombs » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:58 pm

It must have been a little discouraging for him lately, Flat. Especially during the time of the silence and the chance that his work would remain unheard by the masses.

It will be one of the highlights of my Limit Theory experience. On a glorious physical CD no less. :D :D
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member

Postby Flatfingers » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:03 pm

Well, not to express Francois's views for him, but I know of some creative types who, while they wouldn't mind seeing one of their projects go public, have a more mundane reaction: "Did the check clear?"

;)

More seriously, I'm hoping his visit today implies a fresh burst of musical activity prior to a beta or actual release of LT.

It could happen.
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral

Postby Victor Tombs » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Flatfingers wrote:More seriously, I'm hoping his visit today implies a fresh burst of musical activity prior to a beta or actual release of LT.

It could happen.

It could....but I've seen Francois visiting the forums in such a manner before. He tends to read a few posts and disappear again....without comment.

Still, I can only hope you are correct, Flat, and the great LT project is truly moving towards its climax rather more precipitously than I suspect.

I do tend to gravitate towards optimism... most of the time. ;) :angel:
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member

Postby Flatfingers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:20 am

Victor Tombs wrote:I do tend to gravitate towards optimism... most of the time. ;) :angel:

As do I.

The alternative might occasionally be more accurate, but you can never enjoy being right about it.
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral

Postby Talvieno » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:48 am

I'm greatly interested to hear the soundtrack. It may wind up being one of my favorite parts of LT... along with an admittedly long list of other things. :angel:

And Flat, that was so, so well said. :thumbup: I might use that myself sometime.
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby Idunno » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Speaking of sound tracks, does anyone know where to find the most common piece of music that has shown up in most of the Dev-Updates? :think:
The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!
Idunno
Vice Admiral

Postby Hema » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:53 pm

Idunno wrote:Speaking of sound tracks, does anyone know where to find the most common piece of music that has shown up in most of the Dev-Updates? :think:

Hmm, no not really. :ghost:
Breaker of fortune cookies
Hema
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Polls