Return to “Polls”

What do YOU want to see the fleet management UI look like?

I want it like Homeworld.
Total votes: 14 (5%)
I DON'T want it like Homeworld.
(No votes)
I want complete control over EVERYTHING at all times.
Total votes: 6 (2%)
I want to be able to have complete control, but I want most of it hidden unless I really need it.
Total votes: 38 (14%)
I want to be able to issue a very broad command, and be able to rely on the AI to execute it the way I envision with minimal management on my part.
Total votes: 43 (16%)
I want to be able to manage my orientation so I can pull an Ender's Game in game (No designated ecliptic).
Total votes: 24 (9%)
I don't want to be lost and disoriented in space while playing, and would prefer to not have to take medicine in order to play without getting sick all over my keyboard (Designated ecliptic).
Total votes: 7 (3%)
I want to be able to pause time indefinitely to issue commands.
I want to have some control over time, but I want it to be a limited resource to be used wisely in battle.
Total votes: 9 (3%)
This is real time, right? (No time control)
Total votes: 21 (8%)
I want to enter a separate UI for Fleet Command Utility.
Total votes: 21 (8%)
I want to be able to order people around, no matter what view I am in.
I really am looking forward to playing LT like an RTS.
Total votes: 25 (9%)
RTS's are dumb, and I could care less about elements of them in LT.
Total votes: 5 (2%)
I may use Fleet Command stuff, but it wouldn't make or break my experience.
Total votes: 11 (4%)
Total votes: 272
Re: Fleet command, do you read?

I would personally like a Sins of a solar empire kind of fleet command ui but with improved 3D capabilities. For instance Sins takes place in a 3D environment but only provides 2D command options leaving the third dimension entirely up to the AI. I would like to be able to control the third dimension aspect with 3D commands. This could be done by selecting a location in 2D then using the mouse wheel to scroll up and down in the third dimension. Then (for example) selecting a ship or group of ships and holding another key would allow for X/Y orientation selection then another for Z axis orientation. The ability to take command of an individual ship or even a fighter to then take part the battle you have set up in first or third person would make this basically a dream come true.

Online Now