Return to “Polls”

What has you most excited to play Limit Theory?

The AI, or the way the universe feels alive
Total votes: 23 (17%)
The modding potential/LTSL
Total votes: 11 (8%)
The beautiful, atmospheric graphics
Total votes: 14 (10%)
The fact that it's completely procedural
Total votes: 12 (9%)
The exploration potential
Total votes: 18 (13%)
The procedural history/The way the universe evolves
Total votes: 4 (3%)
The sandbox gameplay
Total votes: 5 (4%)
Fleets
Total votes: 8 (6%)
Building and research
Total votes: 11 (8%)
Colonies and planets (and potentially civilians)
Total votes: 2 (1%)
Factions, and everything that goes with them
The market/Trade mechanics
Total votes: 3 (2%)
The information mechanics
The combat gameplay
The mission system
(No votes)
The UI
The fact that it's a space game
Pirates and illegal activity
Fanmade LT art
Total votes: 1 (1%)
Warp rails
Total votes: 134
What has you most excited? (December)

It's that time again, ladies and gentlemen! It's been a long two (and a half?) months since our last update, and I think it's clear that all of us are extremely excited, not only about the current state of LT, but how quickly Mr. Parnell is able to implement new features and content. What will this month bring? :D The game is quickly reaching a playable state, but what has you most excited?

The way it works is simple. You get three votes! Place them in whatever excites you most. What has you sitting on the edge of your seat as you await that wonderful, glorious final release? (Or beta, to the lucky beta backers among you.)

Here's a link to the last poll: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3634 Make sure you watch Novedectober's dev video before you vote, though!

New this month: Warp rails.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: What has you most excited? (December)

Talvieno wrote:The results are already pretty interesting. People seem to have lost some degree of interest in the modding potential.
Not all of us. Give the folks with day jobs as programmers some time to weigh in. ;)

Also, I really need 5 votes, or at an absolute minimum 4, to check the things I think will really set LT apart from everything else. :lol:

Flatfingers wrote:Also, I really need 5 votes, or at an absolute minimum 4, to check the things I think will really set LT apart from everything else. :lol:
:lol: The same for anyone, I'd expect. Part of the idea behind the poll was to help people pin down exactly what they liked best about LT - what they were most looking forwards to. Perhaps the game is groundbreaking in a wide variety of areas, but that's not what the poll is about - it's about what you look forwards to the most.

Anyway, if you want to go back in time and persuade me to change the first poll to five votes, be my guest. :squirrel:
Victor Tombs wrote:
Talvieno wrote:The results are already pretty interesting. People seem to have lost some degree of interest in the modding potential.
I'll commission someone to do the modding for me if needs be, Talvieno. :angel:
This sounds almost like a proposition. :geek:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I understood your desire to force a narrow set of choices, Tal. I wasn't entirely serious asking for more.

That said, the "4 or 5" I cited wasn't accidental or vague. There are literally about 4.5 items on that list I think will really matter, followed by a lot of choices I think are considerably less vital. But I can't vote for those 1.5 features! Aauuugghh! :lol:

I will say that if I did get my hands on a time machine, anything to do with this poll would not be at the top of my to-do list....

Basmannen wrote:
Kambalo wrote:None of the above. I just want to fly into oblivion until I reach the event horizon. :D
Soooooo exploration?
No, I think he means quite literally flying into oblivion. I don't think he wants to explore so much as travel in one direction and hope he doesn't come across anything interesting. :D

Talvieno wrote:
Basmannen wrote:
Kambalo wrote:None of the above. I just want to fly into oblivion until I reach the event horizon. :D
Soooooo exploration?
No, I think he means quite literally flying into oblivion. I don't think he wants to explore so much as travel in one direction and hope he doesn't come across anything interesting. :D
You got it. I am going to pull a Peter Pan. :mrgreen:

Online Now