Return to “Polls”

Which musical instrument do you play?

None, I am a musical layman
Total votes: 20 (11%)
Singing
Total votes: 24 (13%)
Woodwind (flute, saxophone, bagpipes, recorder, etc)
Total votes: 11 (6%)
Brasswind (trumpet, horn, etc)
Total votes: 9 (5%)
Bowed Strings (violin, cello, contrabass, etc)
Total votes: 9 (5%)
Plucked Strings (Guitar, banjo, etc)
Total votes: 38 (21%)
Keyboard instruments (Piano, organ, etc)
Total votes: 39 (22%)
Reed instruments (Accordeon, harmonica, etc)
Total votes: 3 (2%)
Percussion
Total votes: 18 (10%)
Something weird (tell us!)
Total votes: 8 (4%)
Total votes: 179
Re: Musical instruments

I'm mostly a guitarist (classic, folk, electric). Not at high level but enough to play in a band with friends. I'm learning the synthesizer to replace a buddy in the band when he isn't there. That's more sound theory and physics than instrument learning though. (No idea if that last sentence makes sense, it does in my mind at least)
Please forgive my English mistakes, and don't forget :
"We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents." - Bob Ross

Flatfingers wrote:Speaking of musical instruments and weapons....

When I was living near Washington, D.C., I had a couple of friends who were bagpipers.

One of them told the story of being part of a group of pipers who were going to the Mall to play for the President. As they were setting up, they were approached by a Secret Service agent who told them, with not a trace of humor, "When you're playing, do not aim your pipes at the President; you will be tackled and taken for questioning."

Bagpipes: the world's most dangerous musical instrument.
Yeah, they take their jobs pretty seriously(and for good reason). Except when people jump the fence and manage to get inside. Then it looks sad.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

JoshParnell wrote:Woah, whole lot of talent here, well done LT friends :D
Alphastorm wrote:I am a cellist. I just had a competition last week, and by chance I had my Dad record it. You can see it here if you're interested: http://youtu.be/k7qM4BjLG90
Wow, stunning, thanks for sharing :clap: :clap: By far my favorite instrument, just can't get enough of those sweet tones. I am determined to get one and see where it goes post-LT-release. Your performance has re-excited me. You really seem to enjoy it!

Mandatory Apocalyptica Link

DigitalDuck wrote:I could show off my piano skills, but there's a much better instrument I can play too.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Actual musical bit: everything else bar the drums is live-played on a keyboard in two passes. Also might make a proper music-related video when I'm at home "all by myself".
Oh god why
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

DigitalDuck wrote:I could show off my piano skills, but there's a much better instrument I can play too.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Actual musical bit: everything else bar the drums is live-played on a keyboard in two passes. Also might make a proper music-related video when I'm at home "all by myself".
HAHAHA, you are the most musically talented duck I have ever heard. Excellent performance!
felldiddy wrote:Well, I'm not usually one to share my own playing - it make me reeeaaaallly nervous. That said, since we're all in a sharing mood, and I ended up having to post a performance on soundcloud anyway for a class, I guess I'll leave a link here: https://soundcloud.com/max-feldkamp
You have nothing to be nervous about, you are an excellent pianist. I really am impressed by those recordings :thumbup:

Dinosawer wrote:I usually dump them in the art topic.
I gotta say, your piano is infinitely better than your kazoo playing. :mrgreen:
Not the best place to put your microphone though.
My microphone is attached to my camera, which is attached to my phone. If you want better audio quality, you'll have to either fund the equipment for me or see me perform live. :mrgreen:

And what kazoo? That's my singing voice. :mrgreen:
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

Online Now