Return to “Polls”

What should be LT's post release forum policy regarding new users?

Nothing should change-- forums remain completely open to everyone
Total votes: 43 (74%)
New users start in a 'newbie' forum, if they don't cause trouble they're allowed in
(No votes)
There should be a 'Legacy Thread' (only users who registered before release allowed)
Total votes: 11 (19%)
The forum now should be locked to new users; a new forum will be made for them
(No votes)
Option 2 and 3
Total votes: 4 (7%)
Total votes: 58
Re: Forum Policy After Release

We'll see how much publicity the game and forums will get, and how much of the worse people it's gonna attract to see if new users will need to beg to be let in. I don't believe segregation is gonna do this community good, I certainly wouldn't enjoy a little sand pit for beta backers much >.> It would just feel like an NDA, and I like discussing things with people who didn't spend that much in that limited time. But it's still a better idea than shoving 'before release registrations' into a super secret soup. I mean, at least beta backers have a reason: undisturbed testing; while drooling over who clicked 'register' fast enough is ehh, they don't have anything better to show for it than people coming later, since the game is already out by that time.
panic

Sebby McWester wrote:So far, the community here has been one of the most inclusive and welcoming ones I've ever known. I really hope it will stay that way, and it won't turn into 'I knew about LT before you so my opinion is better :x '.
I agree on all counts, which is why I have that opinion - it's very easy for humans to become exclusive in the name of inclusivity =P

2+3.

Not because i want to exclude the "good guys" but to not include the "bad guys", those who bog down every forum once its publicity rises over a threshhold.

If LT never gets over that threshhold, im fine.

If not: "Close the doors! The barbarians are coming!"

Edit: too many negations
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HowSerendipitous wrote:I knew about LT before you so my opinion is better! :twisted:
lol :lol:

But seriously, I've rethought my opinion on the matter, and I've decided that it is indeed best to leave the forums open (at least at first). Separating them can only lead to intolerance and prejudice, exactly what we don't need. Indeed, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :) . The measures such as 'new user validation' can wait until they're absolutely necessary.

Ninja'd by Cornflakes:

That was my original stance, yet I can see how it could lead to exclusion, and new users feeling left out or not as important. If the forums begin to turn into a free for all, we can always implement such policies later, but I think we should see if it even becomes a problem first. We want to make a good impression with the sure to be large post release LT community ;) !

My position would be to leave it as is and welcome all people. If there does come a time when a new forum structure is needed, then it can be done.

Limiting access to a discussion board "after release" seems ridiculous.. I could understand limiting beta discussion areas to those with beta access.. no point having people who haven't even played the beta discussing it.

As much as I loathe what Mechwarrior Online ended up being, the way they did it was to have the main forums for everyone regardless of who they are. Most people stayed in those forums, even long-term members and people playing the closed alpha and beta etc. Then they had a hidden forum on there for the beta testing. It would be no different really..

I just can't see any justification for treating people as trolls/bad until they prove otherwise... you're essentially saying they are guilty until proven innocent.

Online Now