visible range (teleportation?)
Total votes: 4 (9%)
in-system (advanced teleportation?)
Total votes: 5 (11%)
other...
Total votes: 6 (13%)
Total votes: 47
Ware Transaction Distance?

The options are what I think are within a sensible range, devided into four possibilities. Because LT seems to emphasise gameplay elements being represented by physical objects, I added question marked physical means of transportation to each possibility, to give an idea. However, the vote is about the distance, not the means. If you do not agree with any of the distances, you could try 'other' and post below.

My personal vote goes to Close proximity, because the mining beam is already a system used by LT for transporting physical objects from one holder to another (rock -> ship). And also because it has limited side effects such as que formation (physical docking). The longer range trade possibilities don't have a physical method in game yet, I feel they would require one like teleportation (ala Star Trek), but I'm not seeing the fun in that yet.

EDIT: This poll was originally posted under the misleading title 'Trade Transaction Distance' (or something like it?). This might have resulted in different interpretations of the poll. The results at the time of the title change were 8, 9, 4, 3, 6. These votes might not be indicative of the current poll question.
Last edited by Eery Petrol on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Trade Transaction Distance?

Cha0zz wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:(given approbiately sized dock ports)
There you say it; once there will be a ship to big to dock with anything, I also don't think that every ship should be able to dock with stations, the very very very (very) big ones shouldn't be able to dock with something.
I'd say everything should be able to dock with everything if both have matching dockports

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Cha0zz wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:(given approbiately sized dock ports)
There you say it; once there will be a ship to big to dock with anything, I also don't think that every ship should be able to dock with stations, the very very very (very) big ones shouldn't be able to dock with something.
I'd say everything should be able to dock with everything if both have matching dockports
Aye, I agree.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mr. Parnell talking about transactions carried out while your ore was already stored at a station in a "personal storage locker" or something?
the devlog Josh wrote:it makes sense that we can open markets and buy / sell without having to dock -- but it also makes sense that the transactions are made using on-site storage.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mr. Parnell talking about transactions carried out while your ore was already stored at a station in a "personal storage locker" or something?
the devlog Josh wrote:it makes sense that we can open markets and buy / sell without having to dock -- but it also makes sense that the transactions are made using on-site storage.

Thats about buying and selling not about getting the stuff from station to ship or vice versa

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
N810 wrote:You don't have to be IN a station to dock with it.
Nobody claimed something different
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

N810 wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
N810 wrote:You don't have to be IN a station to dock with it.
Nobody claimed something different

Yep, indeed, I was assuming that docking would be physical when I made that statement, if docking from a distance is allowed, I have no objections to let everything dock with everything.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mr. Parnell talking about transactions carried out while your ore was already stored at a station in a "personal storage locker" or something?

Thats about buying and selling not about getting the stuff from station to ship or vice versa
Aye, but the poll title (and thread title) is about the transaction distance - as in, the buying and selling.

I find it confusing that the poll options are about cargo transportation, and I think it might have been made in error.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote: Aye, but the poll title (and thread title) is about the transaction distance - as in, the buying and selling.

I find it confusing that the poll options are about cargo transportation, and I think it might have been made in error.
i think petrol misunderstood the problem josh has.

Josh was wondering "how far can i be from a station to access its market remotely" (and buy or sell goods with the rented storage there).

Petrol asked "how far can we teleport wares".

Cha0zz wrote:Yep, indeed, I was assuming that docking would be physical when I made that statement, if docking from a distance is allowed, I have no objections to let everything dock with everything.
I disagree, if both objects have approbiate docking clamps they can latch on/dock to each other.

Regardless of size

Online Now