Return to “Polls”

What has you most excited to play Limit Theory?

The AI, or the way the universe feels alive
Total votes: 24 (13%)
The modding potential/LTSL
Total votes: 20 (11%)
The beautiful, atmospheric graphics
Total votes: 18 (10%)
The fact that it's completely procedural
Total votes: 15 (8%)
The sandbox gameplay
Total votes: 12 (7%)
The procedural history/The way the universe evolves
Total votes: 13 (7%)
Building and research
Total votes: 9 (5%)
The information mechanics
Total votes: 5 (3%)
The factions, and everything that goes with them
Total votes: 7 (4%)
Warp tunnels
Total votes: 1 (1%)
Colonies and planets (and potentially civilians)
Total votes: 9 (5%)
The combat gameplay
Total votes: 5 (3%)
The UI
Total votes: 2 (1%)
The fact that it's a space game
Fleets
Total votes: 12 (7%)
The market/trade mechanics
Total votes: 7 (4%)
The exploration potential
Total votes: 15 (8%)
Pirates and illegal activity
Fanmade LT art
The mission system
Total votes: 3 (2%)
Total votes: 183
What has you most excited? (October)

It's that time again, ladies and gentlemen! It's been a long two months since our last update, and I think it's clear that all of us are extremely excited, not only about the current state of LT, but how quickly Mr. Parnell will be able to implement new features and content. What will this month bring? :D What has you most excited??

The way it works is simple. You get three votes! Place them in whatever excites you most. What has you sitting on the edge of your seat as you await that wonderful, glorious final release? (Or beta, to the lucky backers among you.)

Here's a link to the last poll: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3367 Make sure you watch September's dev video before you vote, though!

New this month: The exploration potential.
Last edited by Talvieno on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: What has you most excited? (October)

HKY09 wrote:Colonies and wondering if the player can found colonies in a far away desolate star system.
I believe this is a post-release feature that we will receive.
Talvieno wrote:Heh heh, looks like I should've put the exploration potential a lot higher on the list. :P Ah well, it can be remedied next month.
I thought Limit Theory always had great exploration potential. What made people decide to pick that choice? Was it the huge asteroids in the latest Dev Video?

BFett wrote:...
Talvieno wrote:Heh heh, looks like I should've put the exploration potential a lot higher on the list. :P Ah well, it can be remedied next month.
I thought Limit Theory always had great exploration potential. What made people decide to pick that choice? Was it the huge asteroids in the latest Dev Video?
It wasn't in the previous poll, rather. :)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Bfett - I simply didn't think of putting it in the previous poll. A number of people mentioned that they'd vote for it if I added it in, so I did.

Something interesting we are seeing, though, is the huge drop in the number of people interested in modding. :P And the slight rise in the number of people interested in fleet combat.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Something interesting we are seeing, though, is the huge drop in the number of people interested in modding. :P And the slight rise in the number of people interested in fleet combat.
Which I predict will intensify as the initial population of LT fans is supplemented by a lot of more mainstream gamers, for whom the abstract content is completely irrelevant compared to the thrill of blowing stuff up.

Flatfingers wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Something interesting we are seeing, though, is the huge drop in the number of people interested in modding. :P And the slight rise in the number of people interested in fleet combat.
Which I predict will intensify as the initial population of LT fans is supplemented by a lot of more mainstream gamers, for whom the abstract content is completely irrelevant compared to the thrill of blowing stuff up.
I'm not happy with that prediction, Flat, but I fear you may be right. :( I do hope some of us who are less interested in "blowing stuff up" will stay and fight valiantly for the heart and soul of Limit Theory. :angel:

I'm not sure I agree with your sentiment, Victor. Isn't part of the point of Limit Theory to be able to play however you like? In my opinion, blowing stuff up should be as much a part of the heart and soul of Limit Theory as exploration or trading or chilling!

I do agree with Flat otherwise, and humbly make the observation that modding is not actually a feature earnestly sought after by the majority of gamers. edit: or indeed, the majority of LT's eventual playerbase

Scytale wrote:I'm not sure I agree with your sentiment, Victor. Isn't part of the point of Limit Theory to be able to play however you like? In my opinion, blowing stuff up should be as much a part of the heart and soul of Limit Theory as exploration or trading or chilling!
I have no problem with what you say, Scytale. The game is one thing the forums are another. When the aggressive types/mainstream gamers move in, forums have a tendency to change in their nature. I stopped posting in the RSI forums for that very reason. :angel:

And you really don't have to agree with anything I say. It's always only my opinion based on my experiences. ;)

Victor Tombs wrote:
Scytale wrote:I'm not sure I agree with your sentiment, Victor. Isn't part of the point of Limit Theory to be able to play however you like? In my opinion, blowing stuff up should be as much a part of the heart and soul of Limit Theory as exploration or trading or chilling!
I have no problem with what you say, Scytale. The game is one thing the forums are another. When the aggressive types/mainstream gamers move in, forums have a tendency to change in their nature. I stopped posting in the RSI forums for that very reason. :angel:

And you really don't have to agree with anything I say. It's always only my opinion based on my experiences. ;)
Well said, Victor, and I take your point. I don't look forward to such a time either

To be clear, sometimes I also enjoy blowing up simulated things in space.

But that's sort of my point. Although some gamers are cool with there being multiple ways of having fun in a game -- even if they don't share all those interests themselves -- there's a pretty sizable contingent of gamers these days who see "fun" as a zero-sum (wait for it) game. They seem to believe that any development time not spent specifically creating the kind of fun they personally enjoy is time "wasted," and they don't see anything wrong with mocking that "other stuff" or its developer or anyone who endorses it. If you've ever spent time on other game forums, particularly for AAA games, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

LT and this forum have for the most part not had to deal with that. IMO that's due in large part to the way that LT is being presented: it's obviously going to be more than just another shooter. But as it gets closer to launch, and especially after it launches, and it gets the widespread coverage I expect it will deserve, I'm pretty confident there'll be an influx of folks who only care about the booms.

Which is fine. It's not like LT won't have combat. I hope it's as great as the rest of the game sounds like it's going to be, and I hope lots of people can enjoy it whether they like anything else or not.

It's the "why isn't there more combat; that other stuff is dumb lol" commentary I'm not looking forward to. That, I'm not excited for.

Everything else... pretty much yes. :)

Online Now