Return to “Polls”

What has you most excited to play Limit Theory?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:24 am You may select up to 3 options

The AI, or the way the universe feels alive
Total votes: 28 (15%)
The beautiful, atmospheric graphics
Total votes: 22 (12%)
The fact that it's completely procedural
Total votes: 14 (8%)
The sandbox gameplay
Total votes: 13 (7%)
The modding potential/LTSL
Total votes: 26 (14%)
The procedural history/The way the universe evolves
Total votes: 10 (5%)
The fact that it's a space game
Total votes: 5 (3%)
The ability to command your own fleets
The factions, and everything that goes with them
Total votes: 7 (4%)
Colonies and planets (and potentially civilians)
Total votes: 6 (3%)
Building and research
Total votes: 10 (5%)
The combat gameplay
Warp tunnels
Total votes: 7 (4%)
The information mechanics
Total votes: 8 (4%)
The mission system
(No votes)
The UI
Pirates and illegal activity
Total votes: 2 (1%)
Fanmade LT Art
Total votes: 1 (1%)
The market/trade mechanics
Other (please specify for when I update this next)
Total votes: 1 (1%)
Total votes: 182
What has you most excited? (August - September)

It's that time again, ladies and gentlemen! Last month saw increases and decreases in various areas - we had a doubling of excitement in LT just because it was a space game, for instance, and a total drop of excitement in the UI. What will this month bring? :D What has you most excited??

This isn't a hype thread, but it might as well be, because it's directly related to the excitement related to it.

The way it works is simple. You get three votes! Place them in whatever excites you most. What has you sitting on the edge of your seat as you await that wonderful, glorious release? Is it the AI? Is it the graphics? Is it your juvenile intentions to mod in a giant space toilet? Vote now, or forever hold your peace!

Here's a link to the last poll: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2977 I'll be posting up a bunch of images here soon, so we can compare this month's excitement to the excitement of those that have gone before. Make sure you watch July's dev video before you vote, though!
Last edited by Talvieno on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: What has you most excited? (August)

I'm really curious to see what people will be looking forward to next. With the introduction of LTSL, it means that a few of these options may be perfectly viable as opposed to just one or maybe two at a time.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:Hmm...I was hoping that I could vote for the incredible exploration possibilities, Talvieno. I still see myself as a lone explorer doing my bit in an infinite universe. :angel:

.... in a cruiser with big sensors and big guns :twisted:
That's not exactly what I had in mind, Cornflakes. Oh, I don't know though, that could be rather interesting. :lol:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:well, or just a cruiser with refinery and factory equipment and a hangar full of scout and miner ships :angel:
It just wouldn't sit right with me, Cornflakes. It sounds too much like the beginnings of a fleet. I want to remain low key in my game. Small but carrying a big stick.

:think: Still, what you say is food for thought. :angel:

I'm going to have to go through all this again when SC launches. :lol:

Victor Tombs wrote:Hmm...I was hoping that I could vote for the incredible exploration possibilities, Talvieno. I still see myself as a lone explorer doing my bit in an infinite universe. :angel:
I'll add this next month, I promise. :P Does "Infinite universe/Exploration possibilities" sound good?

That strongly appeals to me too - a tiny fighter expertly equipped with the best gear money can buy, roaming the universe like a gunslinger from a western... Maybe settling in a troubled system for a few weeks while I sort out some conflict (as only I can do), and then heading back out to the great unknown, leaving behind no regrets, only a system full of people sad to see me go. But the universe waits for no man... least of all for me... and I can't let time pass me by.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
I'll add this next month, I promise. :P Does "Infinite universe/Exploration possibilities" sound good?

That strongly appeals to me too - a tiny fighter expertly equipped with the best gear money can buy, roaming the universe like a gunslinger from a western... Maybe settling in a troubled system for a few weeks while I sort out some conflict (as only I can do), and then heading back out to the great unknown, leaving behind no regrets, only a system full of people sad to see me go. But the universe waits for no man... least of all for me... and I can't let time pass me by.
After a story like that, Talvieno, you have to include it in the poll. ;) "Infinite universe/Exploration possibilities" does sound good to me. :thumbup:

Talvieno wrote:

Childe Roland to the Dark Station Came
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Talvieno wrote:Does "Infinite universe/Exploration possibilities" sound good?
That happens to be the very first item on my "what I will do in Limit Theory if at all possible" list as well.

I may (almost certainly will) dabble in other areas. But exploration of systems -- in both the physical and conceptual senses -- is my thing, and I will enjoy Limit Theory to the degree that it indulges my pleasure in the discovery of patterns.

Yeah, not a lot of games made for me. :P

Flatfingers wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Does "Infinite universe/Exploration possibilities" sound good?
That happens to be the very first item on my "what I will do in Limit Theory if at all possible" list as well.

I may (almost certainly will) dabble in other areas. But exploration of systems -- in both the physical and conceptual senses -- is my thing, and I will enjoy Limit Theory to the degree that it indulges my pleasure in the discovery of patterns.

Yeah, not a lot of games made for me. :P
Exploration was probably the first item I raised with Josh after the KS fundraising had concluded, Flat. It seems such a long time ago now. In those heady days when Mr Parnell had more than a few minutes to spare for discussing such things he expressed a real interest in doing something similar in his own personal game of LT. I'm honestly not sure where he stands now. When you've worked on a project for this long and included so many extra features I can understand how your preferences may change.

Original Elite was about trading runs for me, which was insanely addictive. But Freelancer was always about exploration. Which is probably why I'm still playing the game after all these years. :D

Online Now