Return to “Polls”

What has you most excited to play Limit Theory?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:24 am You may select up to 3 options

The AI, or the way the universe feels alive
Total votes: 28 (15%)
The beautiful, atmospheric graphics
Total votes: 22 (12%)
The fact that it's completely procedural
Total votes: 14 (8%)
The sandbox gameplay
Total votes: 13 (7%)
The modding potential/LTSL
Total votes: 26 (14%)
The procedural history/The way the universe evolves
Total votes: 10 (5%)
The fact that it's a space game
Total votes: 5 (3%)
The ability to command your own fleets
The factions, and everything that goes with them
Total votes: 7 (4%)
Colonies and planets (and potentially civilians)
Total votes: 6 (3%)
Building and research
Total votes: 10 (5%)
The combat gameplay
Warp tunnels
Total votes: 7 (4%)
The information mechanics
Total votes: 8 (4%)
The mission system
(No votes)
The UI
Pirates and illegal activity
Total votes: 2 (1%)
Fanmade LT Art
Total votes: 1 (1%)
The market/trade mechanics
Other (please specify for when I update this next)
Total votes: 1 (1%)
Total votes: 182
Re: What has you most excited? (August)

Dinosawer wrote:If exploration had been an option I had given it a vote too. :thumbup:
That's what excites me the most about Elite: Dangerous too.
Good to know you are also interested in exploring, Dinosawer. :thumbup:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:Well, this is maybe the reason why i dont play vanilla freelancer anymore, i know every station, wreck and wormhole :/
Agreed, Cornflakes. ;) Like you, there is no way the vanilla version of Freelancer could have sustained my interest for all these years. I'm just glad the modding community have supplied us with some superb mods for the game which have kept me coming back for more. :angel:

Is it any wonder why I'm so excited about what Josh is doing. Freelancer 2..err..Limit Theory will have so much more to offer. :D :D

Talvieno wrote:I should've added the exploration option a long time ago, it seems. :lol: I'm surprised nobody suggested it 'til now.
My apologies for that. I should have said something earlier, Talvieno, but I've always tried not to appear too bullish on these forums. I tend to leave it to other members to raise issues. :)

This all goes back to a member who only stayed with us for a short time because he took exception to some assertive statement(s) he claimed I and others had made. The situation deteriorated rapidly as he became convinced he was being shouted down. I can't say I was sad to see him go when he made the decision to leave but I did learn a valuable lesson concerning my presence here. ;)

You may have noticed that I rarely start new threads. I usually wait for someone in the Community to do the honours as I've always considered myself to be a guest in these general forums. I was forced into creating a thread when a certain space sim looked like it was going to fail badly on KS and I have been known to do a bit of blatant advertising for the authors of the Elite:Dangerous fiction. But as a rule I consider it would be very bad form on my part to take such liberties.

I'm just glad we have such active members who make my presence here superfluous. :angel:

You're fine, Victor. :P You're mild-mannered enough that if you upset someone, they would've found some way to upset themselves anyway.
Victor Tombs wrote:
Talvieno wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:Hmm...I was hoping that I could vote for the incredible exploration possibilities, Talvieno. I still see myself as a lone explorer doing my bit in an infinite universe. :angel:
I'll add this next month, I promise. :P Does "Infinite universe/Exploration possibilities" sound good?

That strongly appeals to me too - a tiny fighter expertly equipped with the best gear money can buy, roaming the universe like a gunslinger from a western... Maybe settling in a troubled system for a few weeks while I sort out some conflict (as only I can do), and then heading back out to the great unknown, leaving behind no regrets, only a system full of people sad to see me go. But the universe waits for no man... least of all for me... and I can't let time pass me by.
After a story like that, Talvieno, you have to include it in the poll. ;) "Infinite universe/Exploration possibilities" does sound good to me. :thumbup:
Actually, this was what made me post in the creative writing contest thread. :P I just felt inspired and felt like writing something.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:You're fine, Victor. :P You're mild-mannered enough that if you upset someone, they would've found some way to upset themselves anyway.
:lol: It's my Clark Kent disguise. ;)

I've checked the forums a few times over the past few days to catch up on what's going on but my attention has been elsewhere. I've just done a stretch of twenty plus hours straight playing the Falskaar mod for Skyrim. Now that's what I call a mod!

I'm a bit weary now but very happy indeed. :angel:
Talvieno wrote:Actually, this was what made me post in the creative writing contest thread. :P I just felt inspired and felt like writing something.
I need to catch up on some of the creative writing. There have been many new submissions since I last visited. :oops:

Terribly, terribly sorry for the triple post, but... kind of needing suggestions. What do I do with the poll now that there's no release? Leave it up 'til next month? Make a new one anyway? Make another poll on what to do with a poll? (not really. but I'm a bit puzzled as to the best course of action.)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now