Are you a backer?

Yes
Total votes: 42 (30%)
No
Total votes: 97 (70%)
Total votes: 139
Re: Backer or not?

JoshParnell wrote:Which one do I choose :3 :lol:
That'd be easy - if you donated money to your own project via Kickstarter then you're a backer. If not, you're a baker, baking a delicious space sim game for us hungry backers and supporters alike.

Bad puns aside, I've never heard of LT before Kickstarter ended, so yeah, not a backer. First bumped into this project on the Elite forums and liked it instantly. Lurked for a while, then made an account, and was periodically hyperactive and periodically hyper-silent ever since :)
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

DWMagus wrote:I'm not a backer, I'm a cheesecake.
Your signature banner is from Update #1 on the Kickstarter. That suggests some level of interest. ;)

I got in early, and signed up on these here forums three days into the Kickstarter... though not as quickly as HowSerendipitous, who was here on Day One.

I've sometimes thought I'd have ponied up for a seat on the EC if I'd known then how remarkable this game and its creator would turn out to be. But then I think I prefer to be free to comment without worrying that I might be exposing super-secret EC knowledge.

Being completely ignorant means I can say anything I want.

(That... may not have come out exactly as intended.)

Flatfingers wrote: Being completely ignorant means I can say anything I want.

(That... may not have come out exactly as intended.)
Ignorance is bliss for the loudmouthed, passionate, and those unable to keep a secret?

These forums would have suffered a great loss to not have your many brilliant ideas.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

I joined the KS for Limit Theory on November 21, 2012 (daft American way of showing dates) with a group of other Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen backers. I was pretty awestruck by Mr Parnell's "sales pitch". I only decided to join the forums when the KS concluded and Josh sent a personal invite to all of the EC members. I wasn't sure I wanted to sign up even then.

It seems like a lifetime ago now. :angel:
Flatfingers wrote:I've sometimes thought I'd have ponied up for a seat on the EC if I'd known then how remarkable this game and its creator would turn out to be. But then I think I prefer to be free to comment without worrying that I might be exposing super-secret EC knowledge.
Well you may have gathered by now, Flat, that the EC were never a very talkative group. There's only Matt and myself who say much on the forums. I probably say more than I should at times. :oops: I used to have regular chats with Josh but that was kicked into touch when the LT vision went all singing and all dancing. I try not to divert his attention much nowadays as he needs all the focus he can muster. ;) :)

Honestly LT is the reason I joined KS. It broke me into the whole participating in the crowdfunding. I'm sure if I had been with it for a bit longer, I might've become EC. But then you wouldn't have had me as such a lovely moderator. :lol:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

HowSerendipitous wrote:Heh, I didn't realise I was actually day one.

I was sitting there at work, not working, and Kickstarter said 'Hey, you, check this out, yo.' So I did, thought 'This pleases me', then watched the video when I got home. :twisted:
...and as I read this, your sloganizer said "Trust HowSerendipitous". :lol: :lol:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

I think the backers of LT occupy a rather odd place in the universe. Normally, they would be seen as somehow better than others on the forum. A superior caste as it where. But I think that LT is different.

I didn't back LT. I have no stake in it's success. I have no way of funding it's development. I have no way of ensuring that the game gets made.

And that makes me special.

You plebs on the Elder Council have undertaken the easiest journey. You have transferred some of your assets and gained a certain satisfaction. A promise of furure entertainment.

Now there are those like me. The late, the 'it's already backed, well done young padawan'. We are the shadows that walk the longest road. The Elder Council applauds the shifting release date, 'get my already paid for product perfect, we understand' they say.

They do not know our pain.

Please take our money. That is our refrain. We whisper the words in our sleep. We hear them in the background when more than four people are present. They haunt our dreams. They haunt our lives.

Please take our money.

We were late. We didn't understand.

Please take our money.

You can buy soup.

You can adopt a Ugandan squirrel.

But take our money.

We ask only that.

Please.

:shock: Is that really how you feel, scousematt?

:? Are the sentiments you express genuine or are you using them for effect?

Do you see all the KS backers as being undeserving of what they pledged for? Understand that without those thousands of backers there would be nothing for you to complain about. :P

I reach out with the hand of friendship on these forums and you resort to insults and untruths about the EC. :(

This outburst truly saddens me. I don't go in for name calling myself as I consider it to be immature. I've never belittled the contributions that none backers have made here and always tried to make newcomers welcome.

Thanks for enlightening me and all the other backers, I hope it made you feel more at ease with yourself and your perceived predicament. :angel:
Last edited by Victor Tombs on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now