Return to “Polls”

What features not in Limit Theory do you wish it had?

Scripted storyline
Total votes: 7 (3%)
Defined ending/endgame
Visible player avatars
Total votes: 5 (2%)
Boarding other ships
Total votes: 26 (10%)
Serving as ship's crew
Detailed crew management
Total votes: 13 (5%)
Detailed ship systems mgmt
Total votes: 23 (9%)
Functional cockpit interface
Total votes: 15 (6%)
Atmospheric flight on planets
Total votes: 45 (17%)
Space-to-planet transition
Total votes: 52 (20%)
Planets orbiting stars
Total votes: 12 (5%)
Asteroid fields orbiting stars
Total votes: 2 (1%)
Moons orbiting planets
Total votes: 13 (5%)
Planetary rings orbiting planets
Gravity affecting orbits
Total votes: 12 (5%)
Rotating natural objects
Other world dynamic
Total votes: 8 (3%)
Other player mechanic
(No votes)
Other feature
Total votes: 262
Most Desired Non-Features of Limit Theory

As of this writing (June 2014) there are a number of features that are not expected to be part of Limit Theory.

If you could have any three features included in Limit Theory, regardless of the time/effort required to design and implement them, what would they be? In other words, for the purposes of this poll, don't worry about practicality -- what's at the top of your wish list?

Note: I want to be very clear: this poll is purely to satisfy my curiosity about what those of us most interested in Limit Theory would like to see in it that probably won't be there. This is in no way an attempt to try to covertly influence Josh's design decisions. Please feel free to explain your interests, but do not use this thread to argue that Josh "should" change anything -- this poll is intended only as a way for you to express your interests, and to see whether there is any pattern to those interests as more of us participate in the poll.
Re: Most Desired Non-Features of Limit Theory

Voted:

Atmospheric flight on planets,
Space to planet transitions,
Other world dynamic: Distinct, procedurally generated architecture and ship design styles for each faction.

All aesthetic concerns. Why, because I think Josh can conquer all of these for LT2 or whatever he decides to procedurally cook up next.
The first two, because they are infinitely cool to have. The third, because if there's anything that LT is actually risking, it's *drum roll* looking somewhat bland. Obviously not in terms of the beautiful systems and planets, but in terms of how their inhabitants appear. So far, it looks like the primary separator of different factions will be their names first and foremost. That will certainly do and will not detract from the game, but additional layers of visual distinction will add greatly to immersion.

(Btw, sorry about the MBTI discussion -- real life has recently ensured that I don't have the time to spend here, and I've been unable to focus myself sufficiently to write something in response to your great reply)
Re: Most Desired Non-Features of Limit Theory

I chose "Atmospheric flight on planets" and "Space-to-planet transition". The third one would be "orbits", but not just planets or moons or asteroid fields but everything: stars, planets, moons, space station, Azathoth... So I don't know what to vote. :|

You could add shadows and optional full newtonian physics to the list. :silent:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Online Now