Return to “Polls”

What features not in Limit Theory do you wish it had?

Scripted storyline
Total votes: 7 (3%)
Defined ending/endgame
Visible player avatars
Total votes: 5 (2%)
Boarding other ships
Total votes: 26 (10%)
Serving as ship's crew
Detailed crew management
Total votes: 13 (5%)
Detailed ship systems mgmt
Total votes: 23 (9%)
Functional cockpit interface
Total votes: 15 (6%)
Atmospheric flight on planets
Total votes: 45 (17%)
Space-to-planet transition
Total votes: 52 (20%)
Planets orbiting stars
Total votes: 12 (5%)
Asteroid fields orbiting stars
Total votes: 2 (1%)
Moons orbiting planets
Total votes: 13 (5%)
Planetary rings orbiting planets
Gravity affecting orbits
Total votes: 12 (5%)
Rotating natural objects
Other world dynamic
Total votes: 8 (3%)
Other player mechanic
(No votes)
Other feature
Total votes: 262
Re: Most Desired Non-Features of Limit Theory

Interiors (not just ships but factories and marketplaces, houses and temples)
A Bastion style narrator, but procedural and limitless.
Space Weather & cool stuff to find (supernovae, black holes, pulsars)
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:Interiors (not just ships but factories and marketplaces, houses and temples)
A Bastion style narrator, but procedural and limitless.
Space Weather & cool stuff to find (supernovae, black holes, pulsars)
All of my yes. :thumbup:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Victor Tombs wrote: :thumbup: I'm getting "nodding dog syndrome" concerning your ideas and suggestions, Hyperion. :D
If I had talent, you might just give me obscene amounts of money to make the ideas a reality :p
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer

Hyperion wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote: :thumbup: I'm getting "nodding dog syndrome" concerning your ideas and suggestions, Hyperion. :D
If I had talent, you might just give me obscene amounts of money to make the ideas a reality :p
If I had obscene amounts of money and you had the talent I think that kite would have a fair chance of flying, Hyperion. :angel:

However, I'm still hoping that Limit Theory will be all that I hoped it would be in the early days of the project. The work that Josh has completed so far does not disappoint (far from it) but there are still important elements to be revealed or refined. Until I actually play the game I have no way of knowing if it will give me the buzz that the original Freelancer or Elite games gave me. If it doesn't, well.... it was worth a punt. :)

If anyone has the talent and background in games loved and played it's Mr Parnell. Fingers crossed. :D

Victor Tombs wrote: If I had obscene amounts of money and you had the talent I think that kite would have a fair chance of flying, Hyperion. :angel:

However, I'm still hoping that Limit Theory will be all that I hoped it would be in the early days of the project. The work that Josh has completed so far does not disappoint (far from it) but there are still important elements to be revealed or refined. Until I actually play the game I have no way of knowing if it will give me the buzz that the original Freelancer or Elite games gave me. If it doesn't, well.... it was worth a punt. :)

If anyone has the talent and background in games loved and played it's Mr Parnell. Fingers crossed. :D
And if LT doesnt wor out as anticipated, you and i will nag Josh to compilance Victor xD

Victor Tombs wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:And if LT doesnt wor out as anticipated, you and i will nag Josh to compilance Victor xD
I'm with you on that, Cornflakes. :thumbup: Although Josh can be awfully stubborn when he wants to be. :lol:
Stubborn, yes, but he made planets bigger, no? The magical boy knows when to give in and go for the awesomeness he was too humble to aim for originally.
Imagination Fertilizer

Hyperion wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:And if LT doesnt wor out as anticipated, you and i will nag Josh to compilance Victor xD
I'm with you on that, Cornflakes. :thumbup: Although Josh can be awfully stubborn when he wants to be. :lol:
Stubborn, yes, but he made planets bigger, no? The magical boy knows when to give in and go for the awesomeness he was too humble to aim for originally.
Josh didn't need much arm twisting on increasing the size of planets, Hyperion. I believe, at heart, he was already in agreement with those calling for it. Mind you, the "gentle nudge" from the Community certainly didn't hurt matters. However, there are some issues on which Mr Parnell has, what appear to be, fixed ideas. It's the vision thing don't you know that dictates most of this IMO. I actually admire this even when it has frustrated my attempts to introduce features I would like to see. :angel:

Online Now