Yes
Total votes: 40 (63%)
No
Total votes: 3 (5%)
Depends on how it's done.
Total votes: 20 (32%)
Total votes: 63
Re: Civilians?

Talvieno wrote:Now I'm just curious to know what those who voted "It depends on how it's done" are thinking.
They think that "Civilians yes/no" is meaningless without defining what it means, what civilians do in the game and how it affects non-civilian assets.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.
Re: Civilians?

Talvieno wrote:All miners are workers, and all workers can participate in combat and be ordered around as military units, so no, miners are not technically civilians.
To me the difference between a civilian and a non-civilian is really paper thin in a game like limit theory.

So the biggest difference would be that a civilian would rather not fight or follow orders from another entity? Don't we already have AI personality traits?

If the system generates a new AI and the random generation creates "1/10 for aggressiveness" and a "1/10 for willing to cooperate", do we really need to place a tag on this AI and call him a civilian?

What would be the point of creating sub category of AI? If they already have personality traits why not let the game's natural systems work them into their roles?
My Signature

Online Now