Return to “Polls”

How long will you play an individual game of Limit Theory?

An hour or two will be enough.
(No votes)
10 - 20 hours of play seems right.
Total votes: 3 (4%)
50 - 100 hours to really feel done.
Total votes: 12 (16%)
300+ hours before it's enough.
Total votes: 16 (21%)
One world is all I'll ever need.
Total votes: 17 (22%)
I'll play multiple worlds of differing lengths.
Total votes: 29 (38%)
Other (please explain)
(No votes)
Total votes: 77
Optimal Length of a Game of Limit Theory?

There've been some interesting discussions on how long certain operations should take in Limit Theory. What I'm curious about now is how long you expect to play a typical game of Limit Theory.

In other words, after starting up a new world of Limit Theory, how long do you think you will want to play in that world until you create a new world to play in (or stop playing Limit Theory entirely)?
Re: Optimal Length of a Game of Limit Theory?

BFett wrote:I'll play with the defaults for a few hours, then when I have an idea of what I like and what I'd like to change I'll hop into the editor and make changes. If I'm still not quite satisfied I'll create a new universe with settings that I was looking for.
This is my plan also, my first few games will be basically to get a handle on the game and to figure out what I need to adjust for my "real" game.

I imagine after a certain point you (and your faction) would just grow too powerful and the fun may fade.

It will be interesting as how the "unseen" systems will be simulated to counter this.

If the player starts to amass a huge unbeatable fleet, then factions should be generated in the undiscovered/unseen systems to counter it.

Of course the AI should be more willing to work together to stand up to any mega faction.
My Signature

I will play this game like I play minecraft.

That is, I will grab as many resources as possible and turtle up some place where no one will ever find me and from there, make everyone else a non-threat. :twisted:

However long that takes in LT is how long I intend to play the game. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

I'm planning on losing myself exploring all kinds of asteroid fields, dusty planetary systems, stalking unsuspecting NPC travelers, mining, and playing with the UI. In other words, I'm planning to spend countless hours doing nothing but enjoying the landscape, until I get bored and decide to travel somewhere else, looking for a new star system. Maybe some day, when the magic is lost -if such a thing ever happens- I will start a new universe, just to bring back the magic again.

I spent 20 hours in Oblivion before picking a fight. And I was level 1 during 16 hours with my second character in Fallout 3. Now I'm playing Skyrin and I practically live in Riverwood. :mrgreen:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Online Now