Return to “Polls”

What has you the most excited to play Limit Theory?

The AI, or the way the universe feels alive
Total votes: 27 (18%)
The fact that it's completely procedural
Total votes: 15 (10%)
The beautiful, atmospheric graphics
Total votes: 23 (16%)
Building and research
Total votes: 6 (4%)
The sandbox gameplay
Total votes: 11 (7%)
The procedural history/The way the universe evolves
Total votes: 10 (7%)
The ability to command your own fleets
Total votes: 7 (5%)
The market/trade mechanics
(No votes)
The UI
Total votes: 1 (1%)
The fact that it's a space game
The information mechanics
Total votes: 2 (1%)
Pirates and illegal activity
The combat gameplay
Total votes: 5 (3%)
The factions, and everything that goes with them
Total votes: 6 (4%)
The modding potential
Total votes: 11 (7%)
Colonies and planets (and potentially civilians)
The mission system
Total votes: 2 (1%)
Warp tunnels (whatever they may be)
Total votes: 5 (3%)
Other (please specify for when I update this next)
Total votes: 147
What has you most excited? (July)

If you believe Google Trends, people are very definitely getting excited about Limit Theory: Image (central limit theory is unrelated, and was the primary thing people searched for before Josh's kickstarter. I'm just contrasting them here.)

SO, my question is simple: What has you most excited to play Limit Theory? You can select up to three options. I'm only starting with thirteen potential reasons (the ones I came up with off the top of my head), so if you don't see the option you want, then just place it in a post as such:

Code: Select all

[list]
[*]That thing you didn't mention
[*]That other thing you didn't mention
[*]Wow, you suck at mentioning the good stuff, Talv
[/list]
According to the Poll's Almighty Creation Tools, I can only put in 20 options, so I'll be a bit limited. For that reason, I want an option to have at least two votes before I add it to the poll if I get past fifteen - that way we don't have ten to fifteen options with just one vote. Make sure you only suggest it if you're actually planning on voting for it. If we get up to around 60 votes and an option has no votes, I'll remove it from the poll the next time I update it, so we don't have useless options.

I'll keep a close eye on this thread to make sure I keep it updated with the reasons people want, and you'll be allowed to change your vote in between, so it should hopefully go smoothly... not sure how happy phpbb polls are about being changed, though.

May 2014: Image June 2014: Image
Last edited by Talvieno on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:08 am, edited 8 times in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: What has you most excited?

Talvieno wrote:They're in a different category entirely, though, to be fair, as neither of them are being developed by one person. :P Plus, LT hasn't received much in the way of publicity. I'm sure that'll change once the beta is released to the backers, though, and we get some gameplay up on YouTube.
That's true, I wasn't trying to make any statement, I just thought people might be interested in seeing the comparison in trends between upcoming space sims.
Re: What has you most excited?

[X] Other

The rise and fall of factions/power/ownership in real time. Knowing that if I watched the history generation, the political, ownership, and warfare landscape will change many times over.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
Re: What has you most excited? (updated)

Most excited? Everything else but playing it (not management, combat, etc.). The AI, in the hopes of feeling like they are as capable as me, the UI, the procedurality, the history simulation...

Maybe because I have a bad habit of losing interest in actually playing a game. I hope I'll be hooked for a couple years. I'm afraid not. :( :shifty:

EDIT: My vote doesn't go through. False alert. Too many choices.
Last edited by Behemoth on Mon May 19, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In space, no one will hear you scream. #262626
I've never played a space sim. Ever.
Vos estis tan limes.

Online Now